New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

AVB is obviously a relative big name but seemed to aggravate people at Chelsea and Spurs.

Been doing a good job at a rich team in a league where money rules.

Didn't realise how young he still is. Would certainly be intriguing if not overly enthusing to lose Koeman for him. Could do worse.

AVB left Zenit on the 26th of May 2016, too - so he's out of work right now and we wouldn't have to wrangle with the Russians to try and get him.

Makes sense.

FWIW:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/andre-villas-boas-rules-out-england-return-after-disasterous-spells-with-chelsea-and-tottenham-a6878886.html

Could well change his mind of course. Especially to get a chance to work with Matty Targett.

Yeah, I remember those comments. I'm sure he's moaned before about having a long-term project and not being given the support to oversee it.

I would think him and Saints would fit each other quite nicely. I'd be up for him coming here as the Koeman replacement.

AVB left Zenit on the 26th of May 2016, too - so he's out of work right now and we wouldn't have to wrangle with the Russians to try and get him.

Makes sense.

Would make more sense to keep Koeman

He's publicly praised our academy in the past. If our 'new direction' involves utilising the academy players more into the first team, then it would seem a logical fit. I wouldn't be blown away by the appointment, but would rather him to someone like Moyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's publicly praised our academy in the past. If our 'new direction' involves utilising the academy players more into the first team, then it would seem a logical fit. I wouldn't be blown away by the appointment, but would rather him to someone like Moyes.

Word.

My Spurs supporting colleagues summary of the England game last night: "That was just like watching an AVB team again. Lots of sideways and backwards passing but with little penetration"

#usualpinchofsalt

That's how I remember his teams. ****ing dull

My Spurs supporting colleagues summary of the England game last night: "That was just like watching an AVB team again. Lots of sideways and backwards passing but with little penetration"

#usualpinchofsalt

Sounds like my sx life too :(

AVB is vastly overrated and has been sacked by 2 Premier clubs already. His style of football is negative, and he doesn't seem to get on with his players too well.

Pellegrini got Villareal and Malaga into the Champions League. He p*sses all over AVB, who I reckon is a total charlatan.

Think Ron would look a bit of a c*nt if he went to Everton.

Think it would make Les look a bit of a c*nt as well. But he has been in this situation before and come up smelling of roses, so good luck to him.

#usualpinchofsalt

Yet he took them to verge of Champs League and set a new Spurs points record . Has a 61% win record at Zenit winning trophies so not unhappy if he comes.

AVB is vastly overrated and has been sacked by 2 Premier clubs already. His style of football is negative, and he doesn't seem to get on with his players too well.

Pellegrini got Villareal and Malaga into the Champions League. He p*sses all over AVB, who I reckon is a total charlatan.

Think it would make Les look a bit of a c*nt as well. But he has been in this situation before and come up smelling of roses, so good luck to him.

He never stood a chance at Chelsea with the older Terry and Lampard ruling the dressing room. He achieved more points at Spurs than Poch did last season. I think he would be a decent option. More experienced and even more importantly has won silverware since.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

On £7m+ per year with a £100m+ budget? Not for us it wouldn't. Especially if his mind is wandering already.

We can afford £100m. Amazes me that despite the huge sums of money we have earnt over the past three years we have a board that is totally incapable of grasping the scale of the game they are in. They are totally risk averse and that is always a sure sign of people who are out of their depth. Caution, tight purses and fear never result in significant success. If you believe that being eternally careful is the way to run a business, go and run a charity organisation, not a PL football club. Past seasons have shown that smaller teams being in the Europa League stretches the squad and makes it very difficult to maintain a strong league showing. We need significant investment in players, not a load of back-slapping, self-congratulatory egos, supported by a 'let's just be happy with where we are' attitude.

If they aren't prepared to give Koeman the big bucks you can be certain they 'aint given it to the new boy. We must be one of the few clubs in the history of this great sport who have to put up with significantly wealthy backers combined with the type of spend averse thinking only witnessed by a Scot reaching the bar first.

Time for the board to stop acting like a club that only offers a stepping stone for all and sundry and behaving as if they want success for us.

He never stood a chance at Chelsea with the older Terry and Lampard ruling the dressing room. He achieved more points at Spurs than Poch did last season. I think he would be a decent option. More experienced and even more importantly has won silverware since.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Cant see it. He took over Harry Redknapp's team that came 4th and made them worse.

Sampaoli would be good.

You realise AVB has done more than just manage those PL teams dont you? He's had quite a bit of success too.

Pellegrini has also been sacked by a PL team.

You realise AVB has done more than just manage those PL teams dont you? He's had quite a bit of success too.

Pellegrini has also been sacked by a PL team.

AVB's track record is country miles ahead of Koeman's. On any measure he's better.

If we can't match what Everton would pay Koeman, that rules out 99% of names being mentioned. They just wouldn't be interested by Saints

For myself the best person to succeed after Koeman is RYAN GIGGS. Similarities but better than Strachan, and Saints are the perfect fit for Giggs at this moment in his ambitions.

If we can't match what Everton would pay Koeman, that rules out 99% of names being mentioned. They just wouldn't be interested by Saints

For myself the best person to succeed after Koeman is RYAN GIGGS. Similarities but better than Strachan, and Saints are the perfect fit for Giggs at this moment in his ambitions.

You need to stop posting mentalist posts.

A container of amphibians.

Why are you bothered? In January you were saying that Koeman was useless. You must be delighted. As for your suggestion about Giggs, I would stick to posting your homoerotic Llloyd Isgrove fantasies if I were you.