Euro 2016

Batman

Agree with him stating whether the French will be warned. It seems that OM, PSG, Nice and Toulouse ultras were wading in. But I think that the real ding dong will be 21st June again in Marseille - Poland vs Ukraine. The Russians said that they would help their "brother" Ukrainians, and no doubt the French will join is as well.

https://www.rt.com/news/312956-football-brawl-ukraine-poland-europa/

Russians and Ukrainians fighting together.... Can't see that.

Russians and Ukrainians fighting together.... Can't see that.

Their chief hooly has come out and said they would as, despite what it going on there, they see them as "brothers". I think it was with specific reference to Poland, where the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Or who knows, maybe it will be a 3 way (or four if the Frogs join in).

Prophetic - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/496473/Hitler-loving-Russian-hooligan-gangs-target-England-fans-Euro-2016

Lots of videos on twitter now of mobs of Russians running the streets indiscriminately attacking England fans. Many videos of 6 or 7 of them laying into lone English fans then kicking them whilst on the laying defenceless on the floor. Reports of innocent fans being beaten and mugged. Videos and Reports of Russians and French attacking bars then the police standing by and let it happen before firing tear gas. A video of French police beating England fans with truncheons as they lay on the floor. Yet of course self righteous *****s on here and other social media continue to spout their ****e that its easy just to walk away, its England fans fault.

Lots of videos on twitter now of mobs of Russians running the streets indiscriminately attacking England fans. Many videos of 6 or 7 of them laying into lone English fans then kicking them whilst on the laying defenceless on the floor. Reports of innocent fans being beaten and mugged. Videos and Reports of Russians and French attacking bars then the police standing by and let it happen before firing tear gas. A video of French police beating England fans with truncheons as they lay on the floor. Yet of course self righteous *****s on here and other social media continue to spout their ****e that its easy just to walk away, its England fans fault.

Totally agree mate. The **** the England fans are getting on social media is laughable. Even some French have the audacity to blame is.

image.jpg

Totally agree mate. The **** the England fans are getting on social media is laughable. Even some French have the audacity to blame is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2045[/ATTACH]

L'Equipe drawing a distinction between the trouble on Thursday and Friday nights on the one hand and Saturday on the other, pointing out the large Russian presence only really showed up on the Saturday.

L'Equipe drawing a distinction between the trouble on Thursday and Friday nights on the one hand and Saturday on the other, pointing out the large Russian presence only really showed up on the Saturday.

The french Ultra's started it day one.

The bigger picture here is the continuing fragmentation of Europe and the increasing rise of the far right.

Worrying times.

Shocking, it wouldn't at all surprise me if it all comes out that these Russians are in fact, directly or indirectly, some sort of state-funded, para military terrorists.

I read in the Paper this morning that Russia has a suspended 6 point deduction for crowd disturbance during the qualifying rounds. I read later that this was reduced on appeal. Anyone know what the suspended sentence is? If their fans have transgressed in the qualifying rounds I trust they won't get away with a poxy fine.

Secondly if Uefa's jurisdiction is restricted to the ground only, and England appeared to be blameless in what occurred in the ground, how can Uefa (threaten to) throw England out?

Thirdly, the French government have called for both couturier to be thrown out. Are they blind to the role of their own thugs in the disturbances.

Finally, who is responsible for crowd control and security?

The French will do theor best to deflect the criticism of their security and police in this debacle.

English fans go abroad get drunk and then start singing songs about WWII. This riles people. I still believe we are in the main vctims and that the locals and the Russian fans had the intent

Wonder what they'd have to do to lose the world cup?!

Is annoying. While england fans have been dicks abroad for years, our leagues are very safe and we never seem to get close to getting a tournament.

UEFA are in a very delicate position at the moment. These are the hosts of the next world cup (which they 'voted' for) and to brand them as the sole problem nation wouldn't reflect very well on them at all. Better to share the blame with an old scapegoat so everyone can roll their eyes and glaze over the real problem at hand, being the violent disaster that will be the 2018 world cup.

Another interestuing article in The Guardian from a senior UK police officer who is over there:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/britains-euro-2016-police-chief-lambasts-tooled-up-russian-fans

Keep the filming going guys.

Please tell me you're kidding? "Keep the filming going guys" "“We would urge anyone with cameraphone footage which may identify the people responsible to help us." Only one thing the British police can and will be doing with that and it's certainly not catching any Russians :lol:

BBC news update: - Some 150 Russians behind much of the Violence in Marseille. French prosecutors say 10 people including six Britons facing charges. I make that more Britons facing charges than Russians!!

much easier to nick drunk England fans for aimlessly throwing a bottle while staggering around than to round up an organised mob of trained Russian paramilitary carrying weapons, wearing gum shields fully skilled in MMA.

Only one thing the British police can and will be doing with that and it's certainly not catching any Russians :lol:

From the article:

But his spotters’ video evidence will now be handed to French authorities attempting to track down Russian hooligans who attacked their English rivals.

He appealed for any fans with their own cameraphone footage to contact the Crimestoppers helpline on 0800 555 111.

Roberts said: “We would urge anyone with cameraphone footage which may identify the people responsible to help us.

“Our original intention was to use this kind of evidence against England troublemakers, but we are equally anxious to see Russian hooligans brought to book and will cooperate fully with French authorities investigating the disturbances.”

Based on what he said, and the shock of his reaction I rather believe him. I've no issue with England fans who instigate trouble being caught, although I appreciate that the 'instigate' part is a problematical one.

From the article:

But his spotters’ video evidence will now be handed to French authorities attempting to track down Russian hooligans who attacked their English rivals.

He appealed for any fans with their own cameraphone footage to contact the Crimestoppers helpline on 0800 555 111.

Roberts said: “We would urge anyone with cameraphone footage which may identify the people responsible to help us.

“Our original intention was to use this kind of evidence against England troublemakers, but we are equally anxious to see Russian hooligans brought to book and will cooperate fully with French authorities investigating the disturbances.”

Based on what he said, and the shock of his reaction I rather believe him. I've no issue with England fans who instigate trouble being caught, although I appreciate that the 'instigate' part is a problematical one.

The English Police have their own vested interests, if they come across footage (like Hampshire police did from Arnhem) they'll use it to get banning orders, despite the fact that a 30 sec clip is completely out of context and shows nothing of how the situation arose or who instigated it, bad luck if you are attacked and some catches you on film fighting back

From the article:

Yeah, I know what it said. Neither the French or British police are going to be touching the Russians.

Anyways, changing subject matter...

Anyone else see what Joachim Low did yesterday in Germany's game vs Ukraine :lol::lol:

Having ate his own bogey in 2010? Or 2014? Yesterday just tops the lot haha

Absolutely disgusting.

Seems that on the large part it was Russians to blame, but having been to England games abroad including the world cups in South Africa and Brazil there is a small-ish section intent on singing about 10 German bombers ( this was particularly cringey in Germany, when the Germans were such great hosts and welcoming) and about the IRA and singing nothing about football. It just leads to a really toxic aggressive atmosphere. Compare it to saints fans in Arnhem where we sung about the team, had a laugh with locals and generally felt more pleasant. Clearly England fans were attacked for the most part, but a tiny percentage don't help themselves with how they act abroad..

Just hope they can avoid Russians in Lens, and we can enjoy seeing England progress a bit.

I'm glad that the French prosecutors have now confirmed what many eye witnesses alluded to.

I am slightly concerned that a flare up in Lens/Lille is inevitable though. Given what's happened over the last few days I just can't see a situation where Russian and English fans are staying in the same city passing without incident. Fingers crossed I'm wrong or that UEFA don't make good on their threat.

Anyways, changing subject matter...

Anyone else see what Joachim Low did yesterday in Germany's game vs Ukraine :lol::lol:

Having ate his own bogey in 2010? Or 2014? Yesterday just tops the lot haha

Absolutely disgusting.

What did he do?

It seems to me that because we basically developed mob behaviour at football games, English fans are seen as the 'benchmark' for hooligan behaviour even though banning orders and introduction of family groups have generally made our fans a more passive lot.

However some of the jingoistic songs and disrespecting other teams anthems by some do little to endear our fans to others

Basically we are now well down the 'Hooligan' League and any fan going abroad nowadays is likely to be a victim rather than a protagonist, especially when easily recognised as being English.

Unfortunately, as English football fans, we are collectively falling foul of what went on 20 or more years ago.

England fans been sentenced to jail today for chucking a plastic cup at riot police.

Tooled up Russians stamping on people's heads = nothing.

insane to honest

I know a couple of people who were out there and they all say the same thing. They did nothing wrong, got started on by the French locals, The Police were terrible and the Russians were nuts.

Anyone who thinks the English team play with passion and desire need to take a quick look at the Ireland game right now.

thought england played pretty well to be fair. Just the finishing let us down (and most teams so far this Euro's). with Roy's subs being an exception (reverted to type with those)

thought england played pretty well to be fair. Just the finishing let us down (and most teams so far this Euro's). with Roy's subs being an exception (reverted to type with those)

It was probably our best 45min in a good while but it just doesn't look like the players give their all (with a couple of exceptions). Watching Ireland is the exact opposite. Shane Long is still busting a gut chasing every ball and Wes Hoolahan is making Alli look like he's just turned 35.

It was probably our best 45min in a good while but it just doesn't look like the players give their all (with a couple of exceptions). Watching Ireland is the exact opposite. Shane Long is still busting a gut chasing every ball and Wes Hoolahan is making Alli look like he's just turned 35.

James Milner busted a gut to close down the Russian player in the last minute, completely selling himself in the process. Dier on the other hand, saunters about but usually makes crucial interceptions/tackles when he needs to. Not sure that tearing about the pitch always equates with the sort of effort you need.

You couldn't make it up!

Apart from the fact that is, it was a plastic bottle. I'm quite happy for them to get arrested, don't cause trouble, don't throw anything, don't get arrested. The only good thing is they'll get banning orders and won't shame us for many years to come.

Apart from the fact that is, it was a plastic bottle. I'm quite happy for them to get arrested, don't cause trouble, don't throw anything, don't get arrested. The only good thing is they'll get banning orders and won't shame us for many years to come.
Weird.