Euro 2016

Batman

Wonder what they'd have to do to lose the world cup?!

Is annoying. While england fans have been dicks abroad for years, our leagues are very safe and we never seem to get close to getting a tournament.

Quite happy if everyone boycotted it and delight in playing in empty stadia. Won't be a fun colourful event for sure.

A country's support that hates England and have obviously made a big deal about not being British.[/QUOT

well I'm Irish mate and I've no problem with England. Our support is all about getting behind our own team. So what's your point again?

A country's support that hates England and have obviously made a big deal about not being British.

well I'm Irish mate and I've no problem with England. Our support is all about getting behind our own team. So what's your point again?

why do ireland get seemingly treated like a home nation over here when it comes to sporting events.

they are not

insane to honest

I know a couple of people who were out there and they all say the same thing. They did nothing wrong, got started on by the French locals, The Police were terrible and the Russians were nuts.

This is exactly what it was like - it is all very well Hodgson saying stay out of trouble but it was easier said than done in Marseille.

Agree. Looks like he fits at this level. Still a bit mad that we are seemingly not bothered to lose him in the summer. Must have someone pretty good lined up!

probably because for 2 seasons on the bounce he disappears for 12+ games on the spin

Agree. Looks like he fits at this level. Still a bit mad that we are seemingly not bothered to lose him in the summer. Must have someone pretty good lined up!

Austin, Long and JRod.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Austin, Long and JRod.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

We have them already so no need to let Pelle go. Especially as he is better than Austin and post injury Jay Rod.

Strange IMO to be happy to let a very good striker go, one who scores important goals, allows the team to play a certain way that none of our other strikers can facilitate, and (crucially) is available for a high percentage of games.

Are we likely to do much better than Pelle without spending very big money?

We have them already so no need to let Pelle go. Especially as he is better than Austin and post injury Jay Rod.

Strange IMO to be happy to let a very good striker go, one who scores important goals, allows the team to play a certain way that none of our other strikers can facilitate, and (crucially) is available for a high percentage of games.

Are we likely to do much better than Pelle without spending very big money?

you do remember when he falls off a cliff for a whole 3rd of a season?

How many strikers are banging goals in all season? Would you not take Giroud because he has periods in which his form drops?

He has also clearly played through knocks for Saints, probably because Austin and Jay Rod aren't reliable fitness wise.

He doesn't have to start every game but he is a great option to have. Experienced, knows his game and of his type is one of the best in the PL.

Don't think we are a good enough team to just sack off someone of his influence and quality.

But now Rons gone maybe Pelle won't be auto first choice, with no real pressure on his position, I think we would get more out of him if he isn't starting every game. He is still a good option to have in the squad one that none of our other attackers give.

But now Rons gone maybe Pelle won't be auto first choice, with no real pressure on his position, I think we would get more out of him if he isn't starting every game. He is still a good option to have in the squad one that none of our other attackers give.

that i agree with

He hasn't been a first choice since about Boxing Day but still made vital contributions...Stoke away, Liverpool home, Palace home etc.

He still has a couple of good years in him and teams like us shouldn't be tossing away one of the three or four regular scorers we have in the squad.

He hasn't been a first choice since about Boxing Day but still made vital contributions...Stoke away, Liverpool home, Palace home etc.

He still has a couple of good years in him and teams like us shouldn't be tossing away one of the three or four regular scorers we have in the squad.

Pure conjecture.