Euro 2016

Batman

Hodgson threw that away with that final sub. Our strength is attacking, so don't take off our pace outlet and replace them with Milner. Mental.

And that was also not the first time Rose was done in that game. A good attacking outlet, but an horrific defender.

In the end, Roy made the wrong substitutions. It was a great performance until then. Rose was obviously flagging and had given up on his defensive duties 20 minutes from the end, leaving our right flank wide open. I'm not just saying this because I'm a Saints fan, but Bertrand should have been brought on. Rose had an excellent first 70 minutes and was great going forward, and he still deserves to start. Milner contributed nothing. It's pointless bringing him on. Kane was tired and should have been subbed by Vardy who probably would have sealed the game.

Kane was very poor today. Won a couple of free kicks but apart from that contributed absolutely nothing. Seemed on his heel when he should have been trying to make runs in behind their defense and hardly won anything in the air all game.

Hodgson should have subbed him off for any of out other forwards after 70mins, at that point he was clearly knackered and less mobile than a duck with no wings. Even Sturridge would have offered more at that point, and Vardy would have had a field day.

Instead he hauls off Rooney (who was actually fairly decent for once) and Sterling (who at least provides a bit of pace to stop Russia pushing everyone up) and brings on Wilshere (who was OK but nothing special) and that waste of space Milner (whose only contribution was to slip over and provide Russia with a chance to attack late on).

Poor management and subs undermine what was a very decent performance. Have no idea how Hodgson still has a £3mil job, the man's an absolute joke.

Yeh it was just bad luck and not taking chances.

Though i think Vardy would have been better over Milner, probably earlier for Kane.

Also fck me is Sterling crap, he can't control the ball, he can't shoot and all he can do is cut back to cross and run fast. Would have much rather had Townsend there. Was the weak link of the forward line, thought the rest of the line up was spot on, Rooney looked excellent in midfield, he brought that link play in and Wilshere yet again looked decent coming on. Lallana had an excellent game but faded last 20, Smalling, Dier and Walker were all excellent as well.

The overall performance was very good, high temp, good passing, and they pressed. All it lacked was the goals to finish the game off and you always knew the massive Russian were going to get one chance from a set piece/cross.

If they play like that again 9/10 they will win. They'll beat Wales easily if they play like that.

But I'd still get rid of Sterling, I'd rather have Vardy out of position there.

Got a mate out there who says the rioting and violence has been non-stop. Russian fans before and after the game just attacking anyone in sight. F*cking animals.

Have a mate out there who says the same. England fans good humoured in general but the Russians are just causing carnage. The stadium violence just proves it, they are thugs.

Vardy should have been on for the out ball last 15 mins. Don't know what Hodgson was thinking.

Woy is either saving Vardy and Rashford for the knock out stages or he is just a dumbass.

PS What is all this over the mouth **** during a free kick? ****ing hell like the keeper is going to lip read from 25 yards.

Edited by Pilchards

Really so the bloke strolled passed Milner and crossed it.

The point being he took off the talisman then the outlet and missed bringing on Vardy to push them back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes really. If we're playing the blame game then blame failure to finish and poor defending. One of our CBs should have picked up theirs in place of Rose. We failed to play in Kane enough. But I prefer to be positive about a good performance. I'm no fan of Hodgson but that was encouraging.

Yes really. If we're playing the blame game then blame failure to finish and poor defending. One of our CBs should have picked up theirs in place of Rose. We failed to play in Kane enough. But I prefer to be positive about a good performance. I'm no fan of Hodgson but that was encouraging.

Was a good performance until the stupid subs Vardy for Kane is so obvious to anyone apart from Roy.

Dier was very good as was Walker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was thinking, lets replace two attacking players for a couple of over rated journeymen and take the 1-0 win.

The man will NEVER learn.

Wilshire - 24 and has played for one club - is a journeyman? Okay then.

He was fine when he came on.

We should have finished far better and Kane was poor.

That was the best England performance since '96.

So gutting, but so promising - Vardy needs to be the striker, Kane on the bench.

What????? Which game were you watching? When i watched England in '96 we were awesome, tonight we were utter ****e

Best I've seen us play for years. Spurs players were great, with the exception of Kane and his awful corners. Lost an outlet in Sterling and got trapped. So frustrating. Should have been 3 up at half time though in truth. Nivea boy went missing 2nd half I thought.

What????? Which game were you watching? When i watched England in '96 we were awesome, tonight we were utter ****e

We weren't awesome in our first match against the Swiss - we were pretty poor actually.

And saying we were "utter ****e" tonight is ridiculous.