Euro 2016

Batman

Funny how no one has mentioned the 10 Russians attacking one loan England fan, or how the French bar owner interviewed on the telly where the trouble was the first night said England fans we're blameless and came under attack from local Marseille fans. No let's all jump on the bandwagon and blame the England fans because they're all thick and embarass our country, its absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.

Ahh, the two wrongs making a right defence. Nice.

Not the point though. Of course they are not all angels and some are absolute scum but there are ways of managing it. If you treat people like sh it they will react more.

Don't talk such childish rubbish friend, the French security forces are understandably on a very high state of alert after the winter terrorist massacres; the last thing they needed was for a bunch of brain dead alcoholics from England distracting them from their duty to protect football fans from all over the world visiting their country during the tournament. There is nothing clever in being a hooligan and nothing to be admired. Excusing the inexcusable does not become you. These morons have shamed themselves and their country.

Its everyone really. But as Shurlock said, lots of the English fans don't exactly help themselves do they?

Funny how everyone makes excuses for it. Its a load of men behaving like animals, regardless of where they are from.

My Mum & Dad had a tour of the Iberian Penisula when the Euro's were on there way back when, they stayed on what was a nice campsite near Albufiera, then the tournament started and the place filled up with fans from all over Europe. The mood of the place tangibly changed, the ones who stood out like a sore thumb as constantly drunk, loud, aggressive, and intimidating were all "England" fans: and as my Dad said they all had the next generation of foul mouthed little oiks doing their apprenticeships.

Needless to say my parents moved on, but it was the only place they came across England fans en-masse, they stayed in other places With other big groups of fans from other nations but didn't find the atmosphere half as intimidating.

There's always a few retired hooligans (usually retired because they've been caught and sent to prison at some point) or wannabe hooligans or people who wish to impress these types on this site who justify the actions of idiots abroad. Always happens and always pathetic. One of them has even admitted that some of his hooligan friends have gone out there intent on causing trouble. They will get what they deserve and everyone else should keep it of their way unless they want to be caught up in the trouble. It's a shame for others to have their tournament ruined, but what can you do when these ****s insist on acting like animals.

There's always a few retired hooligans (usually retired because they've been caught and sent to prison at some point) or wannabe hooligans or people who wish to impress these types on this site who justify the actions of idiots abroad. Always happens and always pathetic. One of them has even admitted that some of his hooligan friends have gone out there intent on causing trouble. They will get what they deserve and everyone else should keep it of their way unless they want to be caught up in the trouble. It's a shame for others to have their tournament ruined, but what can you do when these ****s insist on acting like animals.

As you're referring to me and what I wrote on Sotonions I'll post it here so others can read it.

It didn't take a genius to workout what would happen down there after last time. It's why I've not taken my lad and why my mates are all staying elsewhere and only travelling into the city today.

Plenty of Stokies I know, both old school N40 and youngsters, who drink in my mates pub, were licking their lips in anticipation of getting "revenge" and traveled out just for that. At least 4 of them have done time for huge ruck at OT when England played Wales.

It'll be just as bad for the Wales game and then they'll all come home.

You'll notice I say that I've not gone as I didn't want to expose my son to it, and he really wants to go to an international tournament, and that my mates are staying out of the city to avoid the obvious risk of trouble. Those Stokies I know who are out there aren't mates but people who drink in my mates pub. Sort your facts out first before gobbing off as I'm not condoning their actions, which were entirely predictable.

So rumour has it, the line up is Hart, Walker, Smalling, Cahill, Rose, Dier, Alli, Sterling, Rooney, Lallana, Kane.

If that's true then Hodgson wasn't lying when he said we were playing to our attacking strengths. That team leaves us very open at the back, which we might get away with against the poorer teams, but we'll be ripped a new pooper against better teams. I hope Hodgson learns from whatever mistakes may come his way in this competition but I'm not holding my breath.

I am surprised he's not found a space for his favourites Milner, Henderson and Wilshere though.

I went to Russia vs England in Moscow with a few mates. We got started on a few times despite being relatively intelligent and not looking for trouble.

Unless you have been away with England you shouldn't condemn quite so easily. Our history makes us ripe for others looking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Russia vs England in Moscow with a few mates. We got started on a few times despite being relatively intelligent and not looking for trouble.

Unless you have been away with England you shouldn't condemn quite so easily. Our history makes us ripe for others looking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No no you won't even vote either. The guys that stay at home passing judgement know their stuff.

As you're referring to me and what I wrote on Sotonions I'll post it here so others can read it.

You'll notice I say that I've not gone as I didn't want to expose my son to it, and he really wants to go to an international tournament, and that my mates are staying out of the city to avoid the obvious risk of trouble. Those Stokies I know who are out there aren't mates but people who drink in my mates pub. Sort your facts out first before gobbing off as I'm not condoning their actions, which were entirely predictable.

I haven't mentioned you at all. There are plenty of people on this thread who have defended the hooligans. There are others on this thread who match the descriptions I gave. You're being a little paranoid and reading this as a dig at you. It's a comment to everyone it applies to.

as soon as I saw england were going to be in Marsaille it was obvious that there was going to be major problems. As I suspect other older fans would have mentioned wen we went there in 77.

yes England fans have idiots, the locals and Russians are not choirboys.

Marseille should noy have been a footballing venue

Funny how no one has mentioned the 10 Russians attacking one loan England fan, or how the French bar owner interviewed on the telly where the trouble was the first night said England fans we're blameless and came under attack from local Marseille fans. No let's all jump on the bandwagon and blame the England fans because they're all thick and embarass our country, its absolutely nothing to do with anyone else.

are the Russians so short of fans we have to loan them one?

This is complete rubbish it is always England why do we feel we have to chuck chairs bottles etc at the police and wreck the cafes of the local population we are supposed to be drinking in

The coverage shows lots of fans clearly English taking on the police and anyone else around

It is shameful and their really are no excuses

Maybe Rooney is up front?

Are we playing a diamond formation with Alli in the hole, Rooney and Kane up top? Lallana at RM, Sterling LM, and Drinkwater holding.

This is how I've seen it but I don't know.

Des Walker must be disappointed he can't get in that back four, Rio would be a shoo-in, with his street shoes on.

We really are blessed to watch VVD and Fonte every week.

Because they're cocks?

Why is Kane still taking corners? I mean how good would they have to be to justify taking your main target man out the box?! It really beggars belief.

Pleased so far. Why isn't Kane on the end of his own kicks? Slacker.

Because they're cocks?

Why is Kane still taking corners? I mean how good would they have to be to justify taking your main target man out the box?! It really beggars belief.

remember Ricky taking corners before Fox joined?

it's better than letting Lallana take them.