Fonte Transfer Rumours

Master Bates

I tend to believe that the board weren't bothered about him staying, and that if they'd wanted him to see out his contract he would have stayed. I'm not itk, but I remember one of the resident ones suggesting that, and given our record on replacing managers it seems plausible to me.

It isn't too healthy to have a record of changing managers too often. So far we have been very fortunate, because prospective candidates see us as a club moving in the right direction. Long may that continue, because we don't want to return to the days post Strachan again.

Yesterday in the press Lovren and wife were mentioned and it said that Lovren was earning 16k per week. Considering we have been told that the players leave for massive wages (in football terms) perhaps we are not paying high wages as I had assumed he would have been on 20-30k at Liverpool

Edited by OldNick

Yesterday in the press Lovren and wife were mentioned and it said that Lovren was earning 16k per week. Considering we have been told that the players leave for massive wages (in football terms) perhaps we are not paying high wages

Says £65k a week at Liverpool elsewhere

It isn't too healthy to have a record of changing managers too often. So far we have been very fortunate, because prospective candidates see us as a club moving in the right direction. Long may that continue, because we don't want to return to the days post Strachan again.

I agree, but it sounds possible to me after the last few managers. Nigel got sacked after back to back promotions, pards got sacked before him, and the poch thing always struck me as a muddle ; he did that initial interview when it was suggested cortese might get the boot, and pochs reaction was that if cortese went he'd go as well. I know he issued a revised statement, but that always seemed to me like an agreement to see out the season, like morgan and vic. But yes, it would be nice to have some continuity although that doesn't seem to happen much these days.

I love all this sh1t im getting. :lol:

If I'm wrong so be it... But I don't think I will be.

How can you possibly be wrong when you categorically stated a week ago that Fonte had already signed a 3 year deal? That is to say, there was no indecision in what you said.

Edited by Donatello

I love all this sh1t im getting. :lol:

If I'm wrong so be it... But I don't think I will be.

One thing being wrong, another thing knocking someone else for what looks like same thing and drawing attention to your knowledge.

How can you possibly be wrong when you categorically stated a week ago that Fonte had already signed a 3 year deal? That is to say, there was no indecision in what you said.

Out of interest, and in no way having a pop, but how can Fonte sign an improved deal if we do not yet know what the top earner is on? It may be x today, but if we sign 2 players before the end of August he might well not be top earner again.

Yesterday in the press Lovren and wife were mentioned and it said that Lovren was earning 16k per week. Considering we have been told that the players leave for massive wages (in football terms) perhaps we are not paying high wages as I had assumed he would have been on 20-30k at Liverpool

He's obviously not on £16k a week at Liverpool.

No indecision. I stand by what I said, which is clear. No muddles or riddles.

He'll be on way more than that, probably closer to £80k I would imagine.

Would have thought he would have been on £30k/40k at Saints.

I think Fonte would happily tweet a response like that about a link with Celtic too.

Would Davis be tweeting something like that if it was a link with United or City - I think not

I think Davis tweet is more in relation to the Rangers/Celtic stuff.

As I said, it's an affirmative 'yes' from me. I guess we'll find out soon enough

Well that's where it gets confusing as Fonte's quotes in the media look miles apart from someone who has committed their future here once more, added to the fact that there is no announcement from the club at a time where they know there is ongoing speculation.

Well that's where it gets confusing as Fonte's quotes in the media look miles apart from someone who has committed their future here once more, added to the fact that there is no announcement from the club at a time where they know there is ongoing speculation.

The silence from the club and Jose certainly isn't helping.....!

He'll be on way more than that, probably closer to £80k I would imagine.

Would have thought he would have been on £30k/40k at Saints.

Twenty years ago or so the average Premier League salary was £1.5m

(Might have been 15 years, around MLT'S time anyway)

Edited by Whitey Grandad
Qualification

When have we ever commented on speculation ?

It always is thats the way we have played it for ages.
Im thinking more about having a European championship winning captain! Great Pr for a club something is afoot as usually our media team would have been all over that!

the club aren't going to comment because about 30 people on a chat forum are having an orgasm about whether a player is leaving or not.

Sainsbury's have a policy that if six people write to the CEO on the same issue then he requires a full report from the relevant operations director.

You don't think you will be? So you don't know? Is it just a 50/50 stay or go and an attempt to look ITK on a football forum? :?

Figure of speech, not a 50/50 guess.

Having said that, I didn't realise he immeasurable kudos you could get from pretending to be ITK on an Internet forum. I might try it sometime.

Twenty years ago or so the average Premier League salary was £1.5m

(Might have been 15 years, around MLT'S time anyway)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456453/Mind-gap-Premier-League-wages-soar-average-salaries-2014-15-season-1-7million-rest-creep-along.html

This suggests it may not have been quite as high during Matts time?

I do think wages and what players are on.. are perceived as higher than they are due to stories about the real top earners? I thought I read Eriksen was negotiating a new contract as he was "only" on 30k a week?

When have we ever commented on speculation ?

The point is that if Fonte has signed a 3 year extension as per CL's claim, there really isn't any reason to sit on that whilst Fonte is out talking to press about leaving. It doesn't add up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456453/Mind-gap-Premier-League-wages-soar-average-salaries-2014-15-season-1-7million-rest-creep-along.html

This suggests it may not have been quite as high during Matts time?

I do think wages and what players are on.. are perceived as higher than they are due to stories about the real top earners? I thought I read Eriksen was negotiating a new contract as he was "only" on 30k a week?

It does, doesn't it?

The point is that if Fonte has signed a 3 year extension as per CL's claim, there really isn't any reason to sit on that whilst Fonte is out talking to press about leaving. It doesn't add up.

Correct. Not very good Pr strategy if so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does, doesn't it?

Yeah but I don't think the papers really know do they?

I know Man Utd pay massive wages but with Pogba, Ibra, Rooney etc I would have thought there would be a limit on any wage they'd pay Fonte...if he is or is close to our highest earner I would have thought even they might bulk at his wages? However they also have loads of money so maybe not!

I cant help but look at Arsenals CB situation and think it wont be long before they are linked, he is literally exactly the player they need. Don't believe he would leave for Neverton (although I thought that about Koeman too) and I don't actually think Man Utd will bring in another CB either.

I cant help but look at Arsenals CB situation and think it wont be long before they are linked, he is literally exactly the player they need. Don't believe he would leave for Neverton (although I thought that about Koeman too) and I don't actually think Man Utd will bring in another CB either.

Footballers will go where the ££££ are

Was in the Mirror this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal are either pursuing Shkodran Mustafi or won't be buying a new CB depending on who you believe. They already have decent players in this position, just a short term injury crisis. Buying Fonte as well and then having Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gabriel coming back is not really good business and would be most un-Wenger like.

Arsenal are either pursuing Shkodran Mustafi or won't be buying a new CB depending on who you believe. They already have decent players in this position, just a short term injury crisis. Buying Fonte as well and then having Mertesacker, Koscielny and Gabriel coming back is not really good business and would be most un-Wenger like.

They need to look for a younger first team starting CB (not a one for the future type), they should have been scouring the market well before now anyway. Mertersaker and Gabriel aren't really at the level they need as starters anyway. But Wenger is blind to that and will probably stick with what he has and throw a couple of kids in.