Saints vs Sunderland EFL Cup match thread

Shroppie

It is so good that you can now get the solent commentary on the saints website. Much prefer listening to that than fussing around with awful streams.

Hopefully we can continue our winning run. Maybe this will be the year we can get somewhere in a cup, can only hope. I feel more confident with Puel than with Koeman tbf!

It is so good that you can now get the solent commentary on the saints website. Much prefer listening to that than fussing around with awful streams.

Hopefully we can continue our winning run. Maybe this will be the year we can get somewhere in a cup, can only hope. I feel more confident with Puel than with Koeman tbf!

That'll do nicely. Thanks.

Pretty much all the senior under 23s on the pitch then. Saints started well looks like Puel is getting his message across on the training ground no matter who plays we are playing a very consistent style.

Gone a bit to pot since Jrods sub though. Need to get our composure back.

Who's up front now?

Olomola & Isgrove?

Don't know what to make of this performance, the biggest issue is neither Reed or JWP want to pass the ball forward, meaning it's often left to Yoshida to do! or Fonte, both want to act as sitting CM's and Holjberg isn't attacking enough either meaning we lack movement. Someone needs to swap one of those two, as this clearly isn't working. As for Boufal, he's clearly not fit, but shows some nice touches and has a turn of pace on him. But he's barely receiving the ball.

Just listening to the Solent feed I have learned from Big Adam that Khazri has a large rear-end and may have been loading up on the pies up north in the off-season, and Anechebe lacks the mentality to succeed at the top level after a promising start to his career at Everton. In other news the game is at best average.