Liverpool EFL Cup Semi First Leg Buildup

St Chalet

Where as your posting is just embarrassing, in a "point and laugh" type...

It's good to know I can make you smile a bit. In your posts you come across as someone who is permanently miserable. So cheer up: we might even win the League Cup! But, I expect even if we did, you'd still be spreading misery on here the next day. You can't help it.

Klopp has said he's going to name " The best team we can play " on Wednesday, presumably that means a fairly strong line up. Wish they had won yesterday then he might have gone for a younger line up again.

Klopp has said he's going to name " The best team we can play " on Wednesday, presumably that means a fairly strong line up. Wish they had won yesterday then he might have gone for a younger line up again.

Apparently he said:

"We have 18/19/20 players ready for the game. Some played yesterday, some didn't".

On the basis that two of those are goalkeepers and some are players coming back from injury I reckon they'll make about five or so changes from the weekend.

Either way, nothing to be scared of if we play well.

It's good to know I can make you smile a bit. In your posts you come across as someone who is permanently miserable. So cheer up: we might even win the League Cup! But, I expect even if we did, you'd still be spreading misery on here the next day. You can't help it.

You don`t have a clue :lol:

It is you that post the doom and gloom, everything is crap lines and you call me miserable... you are a special kind of idiot

Still about 1000 tickets left for this as of earlier today - think this is the final statement in any argument over whether we need to expand the ground. Hopefully we shift them otherwise the club will wonder why they didn't just give Liverpool a larger allocation.

Fonte missing is a shame - but for the best as his head clearly isn't right and if he doesn't want to be here he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the dressing room. If there is any truth in him going to Liverpool missing this game would make sense. Missing our captain in Fonte, top scorer Austin and record signing Boufal makes it look like we are under strength regardless of rotation. Plus ongoing question marks over Forster's fitness.

when i watched the Plymouth press conference Klopp was asked more questions about next weekends "massive" game against Man United than anything else, really hope they have one eye on that fixture and we can benefit from that.

Still about 1000 tickets left for this as of earlier today - think this is the final statement in any argument over whether we need to expand the ground. Hopefully we shift them otherwise the club will wonder why they didn't just give Liverpool a larger allocation.

No, not an exact conclusion. My son and I want to go, but although he regularly comes with me, the ticket office say I haven't tagged his tickets to his customer number. Even though they can see I have booked 2 tickets regularly, and they agree it is reasonable to assume it was my son with me, even so they won't sell me 2 tickets. I can get one as I used my customer number to buy 2 each time, but not him. So there's 2 seats vacant. TO say they won't go to general sale even on the day, and accepts that will likely mean unsold seats.

Instead we will be watching on Sky. My revenue will be going to Sky rather than Saints FC. Shame, but they aren't being reasonable.

Can't imagine I am alone in this predicament.

1000 tickets left because the TO are being finicky maybe. We do need to expand the ground. If you build it, we will come! If they let us come, that is.

'It is important to keep stability'. I never knew Puel was a comedian too.

He's really not helping himself.

I can't bring myself to watch or listen to any of his interviews anymore. Not only does he lack personality, his English is pretty poor (relatively hard to understand) and he just talks absolute sh!t 95% of the time.

Why not just be honest? We all know Fonte wants to leave, everyone would understand if he just said he's distracted / we don't want him cup tied (i.e like why, I believe, he didn't play in EL)

We really need to go all out in the home leg, IMO we're gonna need a 2 or 3 goal lead to even stand a chance. Fortunately, they have a massive game on Sunday and will also have the additional FA cup game.

I don't hold much hope, but you never know. I just hope we give ourselves a chance going into second leg.

Liverpool forum expects a win, although it looks like they might be a light in midfield.

Milner and Henderson are out, and Coutinho probably won't be risked.

There a mix of views about whether they should start their strongest XI, given they have Man Utd in the match afterwards. Perhaps one or two youngsters will start, but it'll probably be a strong team.

Coutinho will be in the squad, apparently.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

'It is important to keep stability'. I never knew Puel was a comedian too.

You think he's been changing around the team on purpose?

He'd love to name the same side but the amount of games means that squad rotation has been (and will continue to be, at least until the end of January) a necessity.

I can't believe some people STILL cannot grasp this. It's not that difficult to understand.

I can't bring myself to watch or listen to any of his interviews anymore. Not only does he lack personality, his English is pretty poor (relatively hard to understand) and he just talks absolute sh!t 95% of the time.

Why not just be honest? We all know Fonte wants to leave, everyone would understand if he just said he's distracted / we don't want him cup tied (i.e like why, I believe, he didn't play in EL)

We really need to go all out in the home leg, IMO we're gonna need a 2 or 3 goal lead to even stand a chance. Fortunately, they have a massive game on Sunday and will also have the additional FA cup game.

I don't hold much hope, but you never know. I just hope we give ourselves a chance going into second leg.

At least he's trying his best in English, even though he obviously isn't fluent (yet). If he wasn't speaking in English and using a translator, there'd still be people criticising him.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world can speak English very well.

You try a press conference in a foreign language and maybe you'll have a bit more sympathy for him.

How can you say that you don't listen to / watch the interviews and then comment on it? "I haven't seen what we're talking about but..."

I'd say if you listen, his English is getting better all the time and much better than Pochettino's when he (very rarely) made the effort. How is your French? It's got to be difficult giving a press conference in a language you only started speaking last year, and a lot different to having a conversation as you need to be careful with your answers and have less time to think about them.

He said that the situation with Fonte was difficult and that he wants to keep stability in the defense, which, is pretty obviously saying he doesn't want distracted players in the team. We've got to the semi final without Fonte, I for one am happy he'll be missing out again.

How can you say that you don't listen to / watch the interviews and then comment on it? "I haven't seen what we're talking about but..."

I'd say if you listen, his English is getting better all the time and much better than Pochettino's when he (very rarely) made the effort. How is your French? It's got to be difficult giving a press conference in a language you only started speaking last year, and a lot different to having a conversation as you need to be careful with your answers and have less time to think about them.

He said that the situation with Fonte was difficult and that he wants to keep stability in the defense, which, is pretty obviously saying he doesn't want distracted players in the team. We've got to the semi final without Fonte, I for one am happy he'll be missing out again.

then why has he grotesquely been changing it from game to game this season?

Orders from higher up I reckon. Fonte has wanted out since the summer, now he cant be involved due to 'stability' reasons?!

Wonder if McQueen might get the nod over Bertrand for this. Just because Puel seems to rotate the full backs more than any other area and has rarely played one in both matches in a short space of time apart from where unavoidable.

McQueen for the cup game and Bertrand back in the league on Saturday.

then why has he grotesquely been changing it from game to game this season?

Orders from higher up I reckon. Fonte has wanted out since the summer, now he cant be involved due to 'stability' reasons?!

I think in the context here, stability meant not playing a player who doesn't want to be with the club.

He'd love to name the same side but the amount of games means that squad rotation has been (and will continue to be, at least until the end of January) a necessity.

I can't believe some people STILL cannot grasp this. It's not that difficult to understand.

At least he's trying his best in English, even though he obviously isn't fluent (yet). If he wasn't speaking in English and using a translator, there'd still be people criticising him.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone in the world can speak English very well.

You try a press conference in a foreign language and maybe you'll have a bit more sympathy for him.

They do understand but refuse to accept it as it takes away an opportunity to have a dig

No, not an exact conclusion. My son and I want to go, but although he regularly comes with me, the ticket office say I haven't tagged his tickets to his customer number. Even though they can see I have booked 2 tickets regularly, and they agree it is reasonable to assume it was my son with me, even so they won't sell me 2 tickets. I can get one as I used my customer number to buy 2 each time, but not him. So there's 2 seats vacant. TO say they won't go to general sale even on the day, and accepts that will likely mean unsold seats.

Instead we will be watching on Sky. My revenue will be going to Sky rather than Saints FC. Shame, but they aren't being reasonable.

Can't imagine I am alone in this predicament.

1000 tickets left because the TO are being finicky maybe. We do need to expand the ground. If you build it, we will come! If they let us come, that is.

so you just need a junior customer number to buy a ticket? put a request on here, i am pretty sure someone will let you use their customer number, tickets are print at home so you wouldn't need to go down the ticket office and your lad would get to go.

Actually Fonte played in every round except for the last one, I believe.

he hasnt wanted to be at saints all season.

only now it has been pushed to the headlines

Yeah, but putting in a formal request and it being in the headlines is clearly taking it a step further. If he's gone that far it seems like he's had enough of waiting around.

Yeah, but putting in a formal request and it being in the headlines is clearly taking it a step further. If he's gone that far it seems like he's had enough of waiting around.

I'm not 100% sure of the timeline but is it not the case that Fonte handed in a request in the summer?

I bet he doesnt want to be at saints even less. Just that the club have made it official.

Im sure he was quite clear in the summer/when he turned down a new deal that he wanted out.

now all of a sudden, Puel talks about defensive stability.

Unless, 'defensive stability' is fall out from the meetings with reed and co

I bet he doesnt want to be at saints even less. Just that the club have made it official.

Im sure he was quite clear in the summer/when he turned down a new deal that he wanted out.

Except your conclusion is based off of what you want to believe rather than the evidence at hand.

If the club have a policy of not giving in to transfer requests unless they're formal, I'm very much happy with that. It's the reason Lallana was so sh*t on by the club when he left, he never put in a formal transfer request and instead threatened to refuse to play.

Except your conclusion is based off of what you want to believe rather than the evidence at hand.

If the club have a policy of not giving in to transfer requests unless they're formal, I'm very much happy with that. It's the reason Lallana was so sh*t on by the club when he left, he never put in a formal transfer request and instead threatened to refuse to play.

but reed stated that Fonte has been very professional and would even remain captain should no acceptable bid is received.

but now, he can't play.

For me it was a question of prioritising- which is basically what Puel does with rotation. It's not rocket science. But it seems it is to you?

You said (And yes I've trawled through your posts) that we should spew the game because we have no chance of winning the competition and save ourselves for the Europa league game. I don't believe Puel has ever thought "lets spew this game". Spewing the game doesn't mean prioritising. I know I'd rather have someone rotating the team rather than spewing games. Stop trying to be clever and get yourself out of the hole your overreacting has got yourself in.

Are you saying he's not doing it on purpose? It's almost like you think he's pulling squad numbers out of a hat each week.

What I find difficult to understand is that managers of the calibre of Klopp, Wenger, Mourhino, Conte and Guardiola haven't latched onto Claude's innovative strategy of changing between 5 and 8 players week in week out. They're really missing out and being short-sighted.

Or he considers Fonte's state and position at the club to be the unstable thing.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bless. Fits with your giggling about the holocaust I guess. Strange cnt

you'll have to point me in the direction of 'giggling at the holocaust', what a cretin you are to make up this, but then when you call everyone the c word, it sort of sums up what sort of chav you are.

You said (And yes I've trawled through your posts) that we should spew the game because we have no chance of winning the competition and save ourselves for the Europa league game. I don't believe Puel has ever thought "lets spew this game". Spewing the game doesn't mean prioritising. I know I'd rather have someone rotating the team rather than spewing games. Stop trying to be clever and get yourself out of the hole your overreacting has got yourself in.

Jesus do you hang on my every word? Just play the ball mate not the man it's much more fun. I stand by what I said. Getting in Europe was a pinnacle achievement and at the time I couldn't care less about the League Cup - that comes around every year. Then it was Europe or bust for me. Get over your petty point scoring, we all have different ways of supporting our club and different ways of working out how might be best to actually win things. Mine are different from yours. I probably am not right but to continually nit pick over a word here or a word there with the benefit of hindsight is tiresome. Award yourself a brownie point for your trawling and well done for pointing out I am in a hole.

Who's the chap on the ball in this shot from today's training video? Don't recognise him.

8b4306affd87a5b6206923d4ab341ef2.jpg

O'Connor I think, good cm from the u23s, tho still 17/18 I think his style ( from what little I've seen) looks to be perfect for our shuttler roles, athletic, good passer, okay dribbler, has quite a shot from distance on his left.

you'll have to point me in the direction of 'giggling at the holocaust', what a cretin you are to make up this, but then when you call everyone the c word, it sort of sums up what sort of chav you are.

You truly are one mate. You have always stuck out on here as some sad soul trying to compete but neither the wit or intellect so come embarrassingly crashing down every time. Is the chip you have just down to jealousy of those of us that are educated? Chav is quite funny.