Saints Arsenal FA Cup Build Up Thread

vince

Isgrove starts according to the mirror

"Isgrove to start for Saints against Arsenal despite Bristol City bid

Wales winger Lloyd Isgrove is starting for Southampton tonight - even though he is subject of a bid from Bristol City.

Saints boss Claude Puel is clearly making changes for the Arsenal tie and there is a first team chance for Isgrove.

Isgrove, 24, has also played in their EFL Cup run to Wembley but has seen his chances limited in the Premier League and his contract expires in the summer.

Barnsley tried to sign him in the summer after a successful loan spell and there is strong interest in him again in this window.

Wigan, Ipswich and Brentford are all watching developments as Isgrove wants more regular football."

Arsenal have a pretty big list of injuries and suspensions to. I read they only have two fit senior central midfielders, given the games they have coming up, they may rest them and play the kids in the middle which might give us a good chance.

I hope so, but according to physioroom they only have one injury (Cazola).

Obviously would love to win this and go on another cup run, having won 3 games in a row without conceding would help keep up our momentum. However if we do lose take consolation in the fact the next round is the week before the league cup final.

It's quite possible we'll have a week off whereas United will play a 5th round game followed by a Europa league game on the Thursday before our final.

Thanks, that'll be the silver lining if we lose.

Reckon Chelsea will win the cup this year. Best team in the league, coasting at the top, and no European matches to contend with so will take it seriously.

Great opportunity for these young lads to get further match experience against a very good team.

The game at Swansea is infinitely more important and therefore resting key players is the correct thing to do.

Why is it more important? We aren't going to qualify for Europe or go down.

Great opportunity for these young lads to get further match experience against a very good team.

The game at Swansea is infinitely more important and therefore resting key players is the correct thing to do.

Dont completely agree, i think this match is more important, though it is true that players like Isgrove Reed and Lewis should have the chance to show themselves. Lets see, Arsenal is not going with the best either, but thats why I would have played with our best.