Southampton vs. Bournemouth build up

Pass the Dutchie

Saw a crazy stat earlier that since the start of 2012/13 we have had 16 penalties, in that time Bournemouth have been awarded 51.

Some Watford fans I know pointed how many penalties they've had and weren't happy at some given against Watford when the teams met. So a little bit of rivalry and was clear they wanted a Saints win and was said to me that isn't an isolated view. Mind you, going by the WHU game there's no guarantee they'll score them! Then again, Fraser isn't having the best of seasons.

I don't think our season is over yet - we do need to get to 40 points with some difficult games in the run in and our 2 best players out injured. Matches to target points are Bournemouth, Palace, Hull, Middlesbrough, and on current form Arsenal :)

The race to 40pts is hardly the stirring stuff of excitement though is it

My money would be on Seager making the bench (if we're going to include a striker from the U23s). IIRC, Seager was next in the promotion pecking order, ahead of Olomola, before his long term injury last season.

As an attacking option from the bench, I think Sims is more likely tomorrow than Seager.

Long starting upfront, Ward-Prowse, Redmond & Tadic as the three behind in the 4-2-3-1 and Rodriguez, Boufal & Sims as attacking options on the bench.

“It’s a long injury. We will see if he comes back before the end of the season.”

He's not even back at Staplewood yet let alone doing even any light training or weights. At least Austin is although not running around. No chance we'll see either again this year, Puel makes these things up in the belief that it keeps the Oppo's guessing but surely that game is played out for his year, 10th on 33 pts is hardly going to scare the oppo's as the season runs down.

Puel's pressers were quite revealing for once, whether intentional or not who knows but what he did and tried his best not to say spoke volumes. Clearly there are some personal issues with some players like Tadic, Boufal & Clasie all of whom were mentioned in that context. Not such a happy ship as we once thought

Why do we need to get 40 points?

It would be mighty embarrassing for us as a Club after all the years of 'records' this and 'records' that for saints to end up with less than a point per match and the sponsors wouldn't be that chuffed either ...and how would that look to agents and players whom we might want to attract here in the summer.

It wouldn't do Puel's reputation much good either would it and chances are it could be irreparably damaging for him?

He's not even back at Staplewood yet let alone doing even any light training or weights.

:mcinnes:

Nonsense, yes he is.

C8Bf9zMXwAAelcu.jpg

Plus this...

At least Austin is although not running around. No chance we'll see either again this year

What evidence do you have to suggest that when Puel says Austin will be back playing in 3 weeks, for you to consider him to be lying?

He's not even back at Staplewood yet let alone doing even any light training or weights. At least Austin is although not running around. No chance we'll see either again this year, Puel makes these things up in the belief that it keeps the Oppo's guessing but surely that game is played out for his year, 10th on 33 pts is hardly going to scare the oppo's as the season runs down.

Puel's pressers were quite revealing for once, whether intentional or not who knows but what he did and tried his best not to say spoke volumes. Clearly there are some personal issues with some players like Tadic, Boufal & Clasie all of whom were mentioned in that context. Not such a happy ship as we once thought

It would be mighty embarrassing for us as a Club after all the years of 'records' this and 'records' that for saints to end up with less than a point per match and the sponsors wouldn't be that chuffed either ...and how would that look to agents and players whom we might want to attract here in the summer.

It wouldn't do Puel's reputation much good either would it and chances are it could be irreparably damaging for him?

:lol::lol:

2 out of 10. Was a 5 until you mentioned that the sponsors wouldn't be happy if we don't achieve a point per game average at the end of the season.

I think you need to ask Heisenberg for tips on how to troll properly

Can anyone remember how to get to St Marys.......... its been so long the I fear I might get lost along the way.

That said the pitch must look absolutely superb.

Lol - was thinking the same! Christ I need a good few beers and a shout. The team should get a good reception as it's the first home one since Wembley

It's been so long since I have been to a game (26th Feb) that I couldn't be arsed about the game tomorrow. Going with my lad, but really, feel a bit mehhh about it all TBH.

Spoken like a true fan. Lost interest in 2 months and been distracted.

I can't wait and done 2 aways since last home game but still feels bit like it's the August start again.

Looking forward to this home game after such a long break. We should win but it won't be easy, Bournemouth are a decent side on their day. I'd play Rodriguez in Gabbi's absence but expect Puel to go with Long.

I'd play Clasie today and push Davis forward.

Where would Tadic go? Wouldnt mess with his position just when he has found form.

I would play the same team as Spurs with Jay for Gabbi. Caceres an option if Yoshida is tired.

Back to non scoring strikers no Gabbi or Austin means no goal threat.

Long to try and break the record for most of offsides in one game ( having set a new record against spurs) to win the much sort after Papa Wagio trophy.

Bradley Wright-Phillips is still annoyed that his record was broken.

Didn't expect to see Yoshida play. He's going to be knackered. Martin must either be very very unfit or just gash. I reckon we might see him at some point though.

Last chance saloon for poor J-Rod.

Repeat of last time please lads.

COYR!!!!!!!

(It's definitely a derby)

Cheeky opportunity for us today.

With Everton losing we are just 17 behind BUT with 3 games in hand!!!

We can reduce that to 14 today and looking at the next 5-6 games for both sides we could still catch them.

Be great to LOL at Koeman if we did pip them to that Europe spot.

Edited by Heisenberg

We can reduce that to 14 today and looking at the next 5-6 games for both sides we could still catch them.

Please, just stop your nonsense. You know aswell as anyone that we aren't catching Everton so stop trying to take the ****. Reverse trolling at it's best

Watching the Everton meltdown when they get knocked out by an Eastern European outfit will be far funnier