Southampton vs. Watford build up

Pass the Dutchie

You do come across like a right arse, I have to say.

Whilst he phrased it pretty poorly, the abundance of these kinds of tributes in football now completely devalue them, especially with the Remembrance Sunday/Armistice day tributes which are sometimes done as much as 2 weeks before/after the event...just because every team "needs" to show they are doing it at one home game at least.

If Stephens could find himself anywhere close to the man he's supposed to be marking in the box he'd be a reasonable defender.

But he can't, so he's not.

This. Stephens is good on the ball but not great at actually defending.

We aren't suddenly at the same level as Watford. They've had a reasonable start but they're far from great. I fully expect us to beat them. 3-0.

Expecting us to score three goals at home to anyone is a bit of a stretch, we never looked like scoring even one against Wolves reserves.

I'm going to take a guess at a frustrating 1-1. Lots of missed chances and our goal comes from a set piece or defensive/goalie howler.

Without wanting to sound too harsh, and it always will, but I'm a bit sick of this trend. Yes, tragic when fans die, especially young ones, but between those attending games and those who used to or just support from afar it's going to be fairly regular. Personal tributes fine, taking time to think about them, great. But this minute/applause thing is just a gimmick for clubs to show how great they are and ultimately just distracts from the game.

If/when I die, please just have a thread calling me a **** and get on with the next match

You know something we don't? ;-)

Without wanting to sound too harsh, and it always will, but I'm a bit sick of this trend. Yes, tragic when fans die, especially young ones, but between those attending games and those who used to or just support from afar it's going to be fairly regular. Personal tributes fine, taking time to think about them, great. But this minute/applause thing is just a gimmick for clubs to show how great they are and ultimately just distracts from the game.

If/when I die, please just have a thread calling me a **** and get on with the next match

I'd agree with this. I don't want to sound insensitive, especially as this poor lad's friends and family may well read the message board, but I've never actually met or even heard of him. Doing the whole minutes applause thing is 99% people just going along with it because they've been told to.

If people actually, genuinely care then do what normal people do and leave some flowers at his graveside.

I honestly don't see why people are so bothered about it. At the end of the day, he was an avid Saints fan and we are all a community of fans. It will be nice for his family to see and shows a sign of togetherness. If it's not your cup of tea then fair enough but at the end of the day, all you're doing is clapping for 1 minute at a certain time and in doing so, capping off an experience for a grieving family. You never know, it may even raise a smile for a fellow human being that's having a hard time. Stop being such miserable ****s :)

I honestly don't see why people are so bothered about it. At the end of the day, he was an avid Saints fan and we are all a community of fans. It will be nice for his family to see and shows a sign of togetherness. If it's not your cup of tea then fair enough but at the end of the day, all you're doing is clapping for 1 minute at a certain time and in doing so, capping off an experience for a grieving family. You never know, it may even raise a smile for a fellow human being that's having a hard time. Stop being such miserable ****s :)

:thumbup: This. Its hardly a hardship and if one minute of me clapping helps someone through something like this where is the harm?

Stephens should partner Hoedt.

1. Because Yoshi is left footed, as is Hoedt, so I don't think they'd work together.

2. Stephens is better than Yoshida.

Never bought into this whole left and right footed CB crap. When we signed Jos the Boss and Adkins said he wanted him because he's left footed, that was the first I'd ever heard of it.

I was a long way out with my personal line-up prediction. Pellegrino must have an advantage over me in assessing how particular players are doing......

It's a great boost for Jack Stephens to be in the side ahead of Yoshida, although it's possible that travel in the international break might have played a part in that decision. Also a confidence boost for JWP to be starting given the midfield competition. I still enjoy pointing out to some of my "glory supporter" pals who claim they support the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool for no reason other than having seen them on TV, that Southampton fans have a sense of pride about having Saints' Academy graduates in the team. There are goals in those forward players in that selection, so really hoping this is the day they come good.

DJSKU6pXUAECLy8.jpg

Looks good to me (except Hoedt's shirt is too red)

Really heartening to see this lineup. Gives insight in to Mope's thinking. Assuming Lemina is tired for his travels and otherwise a natural replacement for Davo, and VvD when match fit slotting in for Stephens, we've got a decent side on our hands!