Saints 0 Watford 2 - Match & Meltdown

Secret Site Agent

IT WAS NEVER THE MANAGER IMO..THE PLAYERS ARE TO BLAME....PUEL WASN'T THE PROBLEM

This, you win and lose games in CM, letting both Schneiderlin and Wanyama go is the issue. We haven't been the same since despite Romeu's best efforts I dont think he is on either of their levels.

I don't know why we think we can ply with only one striker. This means our midfielders need to be able to attack, and they can't. Its not a situation where you change a player, you need to change the strategy. I'd go something like a 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-3, etc. If we don't score we lose, easy as that.

This, you win and lose games in CM, letting both Schneiderlin and Wanyama go is the issue. We haven't been the same since despite Romeu's best efforts I dont think he is on either of their levels.

And I hate to say it but the lack of team cohesion and spirit started to decline when Lambert and Lallana went.

Forster needs a rest, hopefully that'll be the kick up the arse he needs.

Tadic needs to shoot.

Sadly Gabbi is too good for our side. His movement is quality, the supply is awful.

That said, the back four looks ok, bearing in mind we were beaten by two unlikely goals.

Perhaps a change of approach next week? Two strikers? I dunno, but this performance is worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dread to think how we'll get on against the decent teams, that was awful. On paper we started the season with winnable fixtures. :mcinnes:

Watford were pretty decent to be fair. Silva looks a good manager. But I see your point, when we play the top teams it's going to be a blood bath. There won't be a single side this season who fear us home or away.

Failed to pick up the 2nd ball for bith goals, which most keepers would have got to.

If Lemina is not fit then PH must start, not the dwarf chuckle brothers. Ward-Prowse was invisible, Davis is too slow and not strong enough. Our front players got zero service today.

Stephens was our best player by a mile.

I think we need to play Long and Gabbi at Palace, with either Tadic or Boufal behind them. If VVD does ok for the reserves then try a back 3 again. And NEVER, EVER play Davis and JWP in the same team again!

You really think VVD wants to play with this shower?

Even if he was back we would have lost that, the battle (if you can call it that) was lost in the midfield, once again against a pacy STRONG physical side we are second best.

These aren't the games for powder puff Steven Davis and JWP, if you want to beat Watford you have to match them first.

Not only that but Cedric/Bertrand were pegged back and our passing was abject - when we were put under pressure the players folded.

Gabbiadini had no service whatsoever, even Romeu had a shocker.

The one thing under Puel is that we were good defensivily but our football was tripe, now we're even worse at the back and the football we're serving up is a step backwards.

My thoughts are that we should test out a 4-4-2 with Rom/Lem in the centre, and Tadic on the left and Redmond on the right with Yoshida/Hoelt at the back and the obvious wing backs being Bertrand and Cedric.

Upfront I'd like to see Long and Gab together, forget Austin he won't do any pressuring or work.

At least then we could potentially stretch defences. From what I've heard the players are unhappy at the club and its translating onto the pitch, I don't know what is up, just murmurs that there's discontent from the players/staff and I feel its translating into uninspired performances.

Most of the decent players, Bertrand/Cedric/VVD/Tadic/Redmond are angling for a move away - and the new recruits from what I hear haven't settled easily. What is missing is a togetherness, it's not just the leadership on the pitch but a direction, at the moment you're looking at a bunch of lads who don't appear to fully trust each other or get on well, and it shows.

My thinking is there was a HUGE split in the dressing room and the wounds are still there for all to see.

Failed to pick up the 2nd ball for bith goals, which most keepers would have got to.

If Lemina is not fit then PH must start, not the dwarf chuckle brothers. Ward-Prowse was invisible, Davis is too slow and not strong enough. Our front players got zero service today.

Stephens was our best player by a mile.

I think we need to play Long and Gabbi at Palace, with either Tadic or Boufal behind them. If VVD does ok for the reserves then try a back 3 again. And NEVER, EVER play Davis and JWP in the same team again!

The only thing that made me laugh today