Saints 0 Watford 2 - Match & Meltdown

Secret Site Agent

What gets me is this bull**** that the blackbox has managers lined up well in advance, we took an age to sack Puel after the season ended, and lo and behold our next appointment just happens to be unemployed. Surely we are an attractive proposition to some managers who are employed and are currently performing well. I'll be honest I didn't like Claude, but it seems we have regressed even further. The whole point when sacking Claude was to get a more attacking coach in, thats why I am miffed with the Pellegrino appointment who to all intents and purposes seems to be a Puel clone.

Our midfield is being absolutely ripped to shreds. I'm not usually negative because we usually have most of the play but this is pathetic today. JWP/Davis are useless, Lemina and Romeu are having shockers, the only player looking slightly positive is Boufal. Redmond is awful today as well.

This is ten times worse than the dross served up against Wolves.

Lemina having a shocker from the bench is he? Lol.

Awful, awful first half. Watford look a really handy side, we look the opposite. No intensity, no plan, nowt. I would get Lemina on for Davis or JWP, both of them have been crap.

I know many on here like the 1 striker formation, and are all about the best pace possible, however if we don't score we don't win. I think having only 1 striker makes it too easy on the defenders (at least with our midfield), and actually helps in defeating our midfield. They are pushing their defenders higher into the pitch because they can. I think we need to go with a formation that has at least 2 up top. If we bring on Austin and go something like a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2, this gets our two best scorers on the pitch (our only two really) and keep the Watford defenders honest (which should hopefully open up the mid for us a little more). Yes we may not have the pace as a squad, but then again what exactly is that pace doing for us.

Reminds me of a game we played live on TV in the MP (the other one) era where we beat Watford 2-0. Lambert got one and I think Lallana or J-Rod got the other and we totally and utterly battered them with our high pressing and they offered nothing.

This is just like that game except we're Fulham and Watford are us. Far FAR worse than anything we saw under Puel. Me and the other "Puel Lovers" will be proved right in the not too distant future.

Does seem time to drop Davis and Redmond. Both have been awful in every match.

And we do have other options. Yet manager can't see it yet.. hopefully he can learn fast!

Redmond has been one of our better players (not saying much to be fair) Boufal is far worse if this is him taking his chance don't expect to see much of him in the future.

Lemina having a shocker from the bench is he? Lol.

Awful, awful first half. Watford look a really handy side, we look the opposite. No intensity, no plan, nowt. I would get Lemina on for Davis or JWP, both of them have been crap.

At the very least get Ward-Prowse out of that central role where the game has passed him by - either Davis or Boufal into the 10 role and Lemina on to partner Romeu and add spark. Awful half of Football.

That was absolutely pathetic. Outplayed in every conceivable way.

Somehow we've contrived to have no midfield AND no attack - where are the players hiding?

Gabbiadini, Ward-Prowse and Boufal must've touched the ball five times between them all game.

Chalobah and Doucoure are walking all over us. Quicker, stronger, more purposeful - frankly, better.

What happened to the high press? What happened to the industrious hard work? What happened to attacking football? Wasn't that what we were promised when Pellegrino was brought in?

Just PR fluff to try and deflect from our failure to get Marco Silva?

Who knows, but this is garbage. ZERO shots. At home. Against fricking Watford.

We're in big trouble this season, make no mistake.

Absolute garbage

Have to go 4-4-2, get Lemina +Austin on - Boufal and JWP (who have both been non existent) off

Watford could be 3 up and would deserve it

Seriously becoming concerned that MP doesnt know what he is doing if he cant see this needs changing - the front 4 are so weak and easy to defend

What gets me is this bull**** that the blackbox has managers lined up well in advance, we took an age to sack Puel after the season ended, and lo and behold our next appointment just happens to be unemployed. Surely we are an attractive proposition to some managers who are employed and are currently performing well. I'll be honest I didn't like Claude, but it seems we have regressed even further. The whole point when sacking Claude was to get a more attacking coach in, thats why I am miffed with the Pellegrino appointment who to all intents and purposes seems to be a Puel clone.

We won't get a top manager who will work under stipulations Leslie applies, Les needs to be fu**** off in the nr future

It's so obvious that we lack an attacking midfield player. And now we have to wait until January to rectify this error when we should've got someone in months ago.

An attacking midfielder would have been little use as we can't get hold of the ball to actually attack. We are being over run by an opposition midfield with Tom ****ing Cleverley in it......

It's so obvious that we lack an attacking midfield player. And now we have to wait until January to rectify this error when we should've got someone in months ago.

But the clappers will tell you that we've had a first class window. I've said it before, we are always a window behind in terms of rectifying obvious deficiencies in the squad. We can't score and we did nothing to try and improve that over the summer.

But the clappers will tell you that we've had a first class window. I've said it before, we are always a window behind in terms of rectifying obvious deficiencies in the squad. We can't score and we did nothing to try and improve that over the summer.

I don't think the squad is necessarily that bad. We just always seem to get the wrong mix.

Pamplemousse has been head clapper for at least the last nine months. It's got that bad...

What else can we expect with this lineup. No-one to hold the ball up front and no one to stretch the defense. We've been useless in attack ever since we sold pelle and mane

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But sir les has told us we have a strong midfield what do our fans know,personally going to palace and not looking forward to it, hope the beer is good