Wigan Away Match Thread

Goalie66

Listening to the Wigan press conference, for some reason I can’t but like the guy even though he is a skate and Liverpool fan. Saying that I’m still going to give him some stick Sunday :D
He's actually quite a likeable chap, now that he's rid himself of the stigma of managing Entitled FC

Can you still buy tickets for this game or is that it now
I thought it was a bit odd earlier when I noticed they've stopped selling them on the OS. Appreciate its too late to post them out, but one would have thought they would keep the remaining tickets on sale for collection from the ticket office only. I guess they might still sell them to anyone who enquires in person Edited by trousers

Tried to get 3 tickets at about 5pm but they’ve already sent them back to Wigan so they suggested I ring the Wigan ticket office and I was told that they can’t sell me a ticket but I can pay on the turnstile.....don’t know if I want to chance that so I’m going to source tickets through other means.

I have two tickets available as I can no longer make the game, if anyone's interested at face value £20 each and can collect from Totton today please get in touch.

Give me a text on 07540525812

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance the game might be affected by the weather. I am leaving today and staying Brum overnight then catching a train to Wigan tomorrow. Really dont want to drive to the midlands and find it is cancelled tomorrow
There isn't much snow forecast for the Wigan area over the next 48 hours, so zero chance of the game being called off I would venture. Possible significant snow forecast down here though, so you've probably made the right move by staying over half way up. Indeed, you might be the only one who makes it. Be sure to cheer on the lads for us :)

I'm relying on trains changing at Baskingstoke, Reading and Birmingham :lol:

In the snow, probably more chance walking.

Might see you on the train from Birmingham. Think our train leaves NEW ST about 12:30 . I am a short fat bloke with a beard travelling with a rather attractive blond lady( my niece}

Might see you on the train from Birmingham. Think our train leaves NEW ST about 12:30 . I am a short fat bloke with a beard travelling with a rather attractive blond lady( my niece}

Do you mean that the blonde "niece" is your beard? There's no shame in it mate, it's legal nowadays :D

Hope it''s before 12.30 as kick off is at 1.30. I'm getting 11.09 from Crewe.

I can confirm that it's as cold as feck up north today. Even the locals have put a jumper on.

Heating has gone back on here in Manchester. Snow showers and a bitterly cold wind currently.

Game should be ok, snow not settling at all here.

Modern football, it's all about the ££££££££££££££££££££££££££s.

I know but all the same. The fa cup has a rule (or did) about the semi final being played at a neutral ground to ensure that there is no home advantage. It shouldn’t be changed just because Wembley cost what it did - still outraged[emoji6]

For those of you in the north of the county over in to Surrey Camberley etc, who might go via the M4 and up to the M40 via Maidenhead the A404 is closed at Marlow up to the M40 junction at High Wycombe, also the M5 has painful roadworks from junction 3 up to the M6.
Cheers for the heads up John Boy. That's my usual route.

So, M4 -> A34 -> M40 it is then

I'm about to go to Huddersfield vs Palace.

There's loads of good pubs in Huddersfield. If we go down I hope they do too.

have you made trip across the Pennines yet? The trip up wasn't too bad, but a lot of snow in Sheffield this afternoon so wondered what journey across was and will be like.

have you made trip across the Pennines yet? The trip up wasn't too bad, but a lot of snow in Sheffield this afternoon so wondered what journey across was and will be like.

We're staying in Huddersfield tonight. Main roads look ok but anything else is a bit of a lottery. Our hotel is on a hill which isn't giving me an awful lot of confidence for getting out of the car park tomorrow...

We're staying in Huddersfield tonight. Main roads look ok but anything else is a bit of a lottery. Our hotel is on a hill which isn't giving me an awful lot of confidence for getting out of the car park tomorrow...

You’re not staying in the Penine Manor Hotel by any chance?

Cheers for the heads up John Boy. That's my usual route.

So, M4 -> A34 -> M40 it is then

Bite the bullet with the M6 toll AND keep your eye on AA Roadwatch for the pain in the bottom roadworks on the M6 from Sandbach to Holmes Chapel for a possible detour onto the A34 from junction 16 at Stoke.

People being advised to avoid the m62 pal, it'll probably be shut anyway. I've just driven back from Leeds to harrogate, no idea how i got back unscathed. Couldn't get up a hill, so turned round, nearly slid into two parked cars at different times, I'm really not sure how i didn't crash.