Wigan Away Match Thread

Goalie66

Good line up.

Hopefully he'll play Tadic left-ish, Boufal right-ish, Lemina just behind them, Hojbjerg holding DM (although I'd be ok if Lemina & Hoj swapped).

Balanced bench, too. Runners ready to come on later & hurt tired opposition.

Cedric needs to have a good game, learn to cross & shoot, and not fall over!

Positives!

Great to see Hughes having the balls to change things straight away by dropping Romeu and starting two strikers. Also shows you can start with two strikers and still have another on the bench (Long). MP must be stupefied.

Positive line-up let’s hope for an equally positive performance!

COYS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that Hughes can do anything about it, given the squad, but its still the same dodgy defence lets hope Hoj isn't going to have one of his "free ball to the opposition with every pass" special offers today he needs to right on it to protect the hapless duo at the back.

You seem a little obsessed with continually running him down when he’s been one of only a couple of players to come out of this season with any credit whatsoever. Plenty of other more deserving players for you to target.

I like that.

We do have a slight lack of pace in the side...however Gabbi is quick off the mark and clever with his movement, and Boufal has a bit of pace with the ball at his feet, so should be okay.

And 2 strikers! Hell yeah (no wonder Gabbi is smiling in that picture!!!)

If we can get the midfield closer to the front two, with Gabbis movement playing off Carrillo, and assuming the rest of the team have been reminded how to pass forwards, we might see an actual goal or two.