The small things in life that annoy you

whelk

45 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

People who consistently say "hundred percent" instead of just saying "yes".

Guilty. Also caught myself saying ‘I was super busy’ so now am wearing sackcloth for a month as my own penance 

• Haha 1

The Apprentice. But in particular how the phones goes at 5am and they are apparently all in bed and have 20 minutes to get ready before the cars arrive. Yet they are always ready, always immaculate, womens hair and make up perfectly done. No chance 8 women all get ready in that time

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Turkish said:

The Apprentice. But in particular how the phones goes at 5am and they are apparently all in bed and have 20 minutes to get ready before the cars arrive. Yet they are always ready, always immaculate, womens hair and make up perfectly done. No chance 8 women all get ready in that time

And you never see anyone masturbating so clearly staged.

On 16/02/2024 at 05:41, whelk said:

And you never see anyone masturbating so clearly staged.

On 16/02/2024 at 08:51, badgerx16 said:

Nor snorting coke.

On 16/02/2024 at 18:53, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Surely part of the car journey?

#timemanagement

For really effective time management you need to delegate the masturbation another team member. Id probably retain project manager on the coke though.    

Fucking potholes.

The road has about 30 pot holes on it in the space of half a mile and when they actually bother to fill some in they only fill some of them its not the deep ones....clueless

Edited by tdmickey3

1 hour ago, tdmickey3 said:

Fucking potholes.

The road has about 30 pot holes on it in the space of half a mile and when they actually bother to fill some in they only fill some of them its not the deep ones....clueless

1 hour ago, egg said:

Lumpy gravy. No excuses. Sieve it if you must, but don't serve it with lumps. 

Surely there has to be a way of using gravy lumps to fill the potholes effectively? What is science for, if not for this!? 🙂

• Haha 4

Why on the animated credits for the BBC coverage of the World Indoor Athletics Championships do they have images of the javelin, hammer, and discus - 3 events that are not taking place ?

14 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

The fact multipack tins of soup all come in the same flavour, why can't they mix them so each day you can have a different taste. 4 days in a row I've had cream of Chicken 😶

Buy four different multipacks?

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2024 at 20:02, Weston Super Saint said:

Octopus energy ads on the radio.

No one in history has ever been that enthusiastic about their energy supplier.

I will be when Starmer launches GB Energy, just waiting to sign up 🚩

15 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I will be when Starmer launches GB Energy, just waiting to sign up 🚩

It certainly sounds terrific. UK will be energy independent in 6 years including energy from waves (although I'm not sure that's going to happen in such a short space of time, they've been talking about a Severn barrage for over 20 years now and still haven't even come up with a design!).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Quite enjoying the bandana there.

Never worn one myself. Maybe aged 47 it's time to mix up my headwear and embrace some change.

That's not your channel?!

Oh great, I'm now a premium member of Only Cats
(which I'd have thought would be you as well.)

8 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

That's not your channel?!

Oh great, I'm now a premium member of Only Cats
(which I'd have thought would be you as well.)

Only Cats is a secret sideline. Premium members get exclusive content. Check your private messages for more details. Payment accepted in bitcoin or rubles.

David Sullivan saying that if a Football Regulator is brought in "Anything to water down our income will make us less competitive. We may cease to be the top league so they may ruin an asset that we have."

The PL is far and away the richest league in the World, estimated to have twice the turnover of the next richest.

Marketing bollocks from Nike over the England shirt.

'Nike described the redesigned flag as "a playful update to the cross of St George" which "appears on the collar to unite and inspire".

A Nike spokesperson told media outlets: "The England 2024 Home kit disrupts history with a modern take on a classic.'

Looking forward to all their shirts having a playful update on their own logo. A silhouette of a child in a sweatshop perhaps.

7 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Marketing bollocks from Nike over the England shirt.

'Nike described the redesigned flag as "a playful update to the cross of St George" which "appears on the collar to unite and inspire".

A Nike spokesperson told media outlets: "The England 2024 Home kit disrupts history with a modern take on a classic.'

Looking forward to all their shirts having a playful update on their own logo. A silhouette of a child in a sweatshop perhaps.

Nike says its embracing the colours of the WC66 training kit. So random. Although saw on TV people being asked about it they say its promoting multiculturalism....eh?

12 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Nike says its embracing the colours of the WC66 training kit. So random. Although saw on TV people being asked about it they say its promoting multiculturalism....eh?

Wasn't the 1966 kit black and white - certainly looks like it on all the old clips I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Personalised number plates. Nothing quite says I’m a bellend than paying a fortune for a few random letters and numbers thrown together which vaguely resemble your name which will be seen by thousands of people who don’t know who you are 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Personalised number plates. Nothing quite says I’m a bellend than paying a fortune for a few random letters and numbers thrown together which vaguely resemble your name which will be seen by thousands of people who don’t know who you are 

No coincidence that a lot of the biggest dickhead drivers have personalised plates.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2024 at 12:16, Weston Super Saint said:

It certainly sounds terrific. UK will be energy independent in 6 years including energy from waves (although I'm not sure that's going to happen in such a short space of time, they've been talking about a Severn barrage for over 20 years now and still haven't even come up with a design!).

Good - but cant see wave energy ever becoming viable, the maintenance costs are too high. Moving parts, submerged, salt water, sand /grit and electricity are all things that dont go well together       

8 hours ago, buctootim said:

Good - but cant see wave energy ever becoming viable, the maintenance costs are too high. Moving parts, submerged, salt water, sand /grit and electricity are all things that dont go well together       

Perhaps not wave power, but tidal generation is used in several countries.