Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

If this is the case, why wouldn't they just tell us? Most fans want Ralph gone now but ultimately, he's a good bloke who genuinely loves the club. If they told us he's going after the Liverpool game, it might create a more harmonious atmosphere at the game tomorrow and both Ralph can have a chance to say a proper goodbye to the fans.

It went a bit sour for Nuno Espirito Santo in his final season at Wolves. They scored just 36 goals over the 38 game season, lost 17 matches and only 3 wins in their last 12. He did finish 13th with them though, so he was their Puel. They just got bored of the football on offer after 4 years. That then wasn't received well at Tottenham, three 1-0 victories over City, Watford and Wolves and 3-0 losses to Palace, Chelsea and Man United. Sacked with them in 9th. Now, in Saudi Arabia, which I think says a lot about where his career is right now.

It would have to be an acceptance of the football/entertainment is going to be crap if he was the next guy.

On 04/11/2022 at 07:44, Roboze said:

The problem is though, when those players do make the step and reach their potential, they will be sold and we will back to square one again, how can you build a successful side with no cohesion?

You can't of course is the answer and as Ralph constantly reminds us this league is getting stronger and stronger each year. It is inevitable in my view that our current model will see us relegated possibly this year but if not this then very soon afterwards.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

Definitely gives the impression that he’s off.

We can only hope.

Especially as in part 2 of his PC he deflected all the questions about the Club's programs for the WC break. Most unlike him to be so evasive, usually he is very forthcoming and up-front about everything. Arguably he is no longer in the loop and is just seeing his time out.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Especially as in part 2 of his PC he deflected all the questions about the Club's programs for the WC break. Most unlike him to be so evasive, usually he is very forthcoming and up-front about everything. Arguably he is no longer in the loop and is just seeing his time out.

I didn't see it, in what way did he deflect?

1 hour ago, HarvSFC said:

It went a bit sour for Nuno Espirito Santo in his final season at Wolves. They scored just 36 goals over the 38 game season, lost 17 matches and only 3 wins in their last 12. He did finish 13th with them though, so he was their Puel. They just got bored of the football on offer after 4 years. That then wasn't received well at Tottenham, three 1-0 victories over City, Watford and Wolves and 3-0 losses to Palace, Chelsea and Man United. Sacked with them in 9th. Now, in Saudi Arabia, which I think says a lot about where his career is right now.

It would have to be an acceptance of the football/entertainment is going to be crap if he was the next guy.

I wonder what people would prefer for Saints in the next 3-4 years.....

...Puel style, safety first, 1-0 wins, a few tight losses. Finish 9th.

...High press, attacking football, 3-2 wins, 4-0 losses (some worse). Finish 13th.

It's the second one for me.

Has anyone seen Ralph's comments in the media today?

''We should expect 10-15 defeats a season'' - come on FFS. No club, no matter how big, how small, should go into a season openly preparing to lose a quarter of their games. How is that galvanizing the fanbase and the players? Sure, we will lose games but don't pre-announce it ffs.

The whole narrative fed from all levels about this league being ''so so hard'' and ''we're lucky to be here'' is pissing me off now.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Are these dogs reliable, with decent sources and a track record of inside knowledge ? 

Not sure how I feel about Nuno. Always thought his success at Wolves was built on a relationship with a single agent (and Fosun’s willingness to spend). From what a Wolves fan said to me about the end of his time there he sounded like a Portuguese Dyche.

Well he gave me the heads up re Mark Hughes coming in quite a while before it happened, but who knows how genuine this is. He's not a bullshitter but of course someone could be spinning him a line. I've got mixed feelings about Nuno. Good job at Wolves (agree with what you say re agent) but a big flop at Spurs. He's in Saudi at present so wouldn't cost much to buy him out. Ralph is making some strange statements recently almost as if he can see the end coming, but knowing us we will probably win our next 3 matches and the whole cycle is up and running again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

It went a bit sour for Nuno Espirito Santo in his final season at Wolves. 

The two most recent names on here in last few days have been Dyche and Nuno.

If these are the candidates we’re looking at then got to question the football decision making at the club.

The pitchforks are likely to be out again in 12 months for either if appointed with the type of football they have served up at their last club(s).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

''We should expect 10-15 defeats a season'' - come on FFS. No club, no matter how big, how small, should go into a season openly preparing to lose a quarter of their games. How is that galvanizing the fanbase and the players? Sure, we will lose games but don't pre-announce it ffs.

The whole narrative fed from all levels about this league being ''so so hard'' and ''we're lucky to be here'' is pissing me off now.

Think one of Ralph’s qualities is a refreshing honesty from time to time. Not sure I would want him doing a Cortese with a we’re coming for the Champions League every season.

Yes, I’d like a bit of ambition but that should come from the top and filter through the club. No point a manager giving endless bullshit just for the fans ears.

Ralph’s comments are a bit different to those from Semmens. We could lose 10-15 and still have a decent finish. The board’s view of just being thankful for being in the division is just an insult to the supporters.

Lose 10-15 so be it. It’s the other 28-23 games that concern me, we shouldn’t be flying white flags in those.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Badger said:

Dyche and Nuno

Both have taken clubs from the championship into europe, so its not that bad. I'd happily have either of them tbh. 

Personally I like the idea of keeping a manager for a long time which is why im neutral on Ralphs staying or going. Dyche could stay here for a long time and build a good structure for the young players to follow. He did it on a small budget at Burnley and is a good character in the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Suhari said:

...High press, attacking football, 3-2 wins, 4-0 losses (some worse). Finish 13th.

2nd option 100%

2 hours ago, Suhari said:

Be nice to have a manager who can adapt for the opposition. Attack the weaker teams and play safer against the bigger lot to avoid the big losses. Not sure why we have to stick to one playing style.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Think one of Ralph’s qualities is a refreshing honesty from time to time. Not sure I would want him doing a Cortese with a we’re coming for the Champions League every season.

Yes, I’d like a bit of ambition but that should come from the top and filter through the club. No point a manager giving endless bullshit just for the fans ears.

Ralph’s comments are a bit different to those from Semmens. We could lose 10-15 and still have a decent finish. The board’s view of just being thankful for being in the division is just an insult to the supporters.

Lose 10-15 so be it. It’s the other 28-23 games that concern me, we shouldn’t be flying white flags in those.

I agree that we'll lose games, but I don't think the club/manager should be shouting from the rooftops about the fact. There's being honest and then there's being a bit self defeatist, which is how the club feels to me at the mo.

It definitely does filter from the top, maybe not as far as Sports Republic, but the comments from Semmens at that level seem to follow a worrying theme of us being lucky to even exist.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Be nice to have a manager who can adapt for the opposition. Attack the weaker teams and play safer against the bigger lot to avoid the big losses. Not sure why we have to stick to one playing style.

The problem is that we are one of the weaker teams in the PL along with Bournemouth and Nottm Forest that is why we are    near the bottom of the league  we need better players 

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Agree. Everyone knows we will lose games but this sort of shit does my head in. No wonder he’s got two 9 nils on his CV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

Was it waistcoat FC on Twitter? Seems ITK

Predicting a manager at the lower end of the table will get sacked during the international break when many of us have been calling it for weeks is hardly groundbreaking.

I’m not in the know but even I said weeks ago he probably won’t be relieved of his duties until the World Cup period. It’s just logical thinking.

I suppose time will tell.

I do love how ITK’s get so defensive during a transfer window though. Tweet absolute shit and then proceed to delete the evidence, but when someone presents them with a screenshot they claim it’s faked. 😂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Saints said:

Agree. Everyone knows we will lose games but this sort of shit does my head in. No wonder he’s got two 9 nils on his CV.

It is not shit it is reality in the last 20 season which we have been in the PL we have have lost season 16 19 16 17 16 16 11 14 12 15 18 15 12 17 14 18 19 18 17 18 games in some cases with better players

So it would be pretty remarkable with a young experienced squad that we would not expect to lose at least 15 games

No doubt that is what the club expects and if we had scored another couple of goals from a limited attack we would be where we expected to be

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I agree that we'll lose games, but I don't think the club/manager should be shouting from the rooftops about the fact. There's being honest and then there's being a bit self defeatist, which is how the club feels to me at the mo.

It definitely does filter from the top, maybe not as far as Sports Republic, but the comments from Semmens at that level seem to follow a worrying theme of us being lucky to even exist.

To me it smacks of washing their hands of the problems - in other words they are saying it's tough so don't expect much and just be grateful if we stay up. It's almost as if they think this will deflect criticism.

• Like 1

Personally, I’m more concerned with our results and performances than the manner of Ralph’s departure.  The club have made an ordinary manager a very wealthy man.

This is professional football for fucks sake, not the local darts team.

Get him gone now, he is a liability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Absolutely bloody disgraceful. I don’t think I’ve ever read about a manager saying something like this! 

On the flip side given we’ve lost 7 of the first 13 we will only lose 8 of the last 25, worst case scenario! Hang on to your hats, we are in for a hell of a ride after the World Cup ! 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John B said:

It is not shit it is reality in the last 20 season which we have been in the PL we have have lost season 16 19 16 17 16 16 11 14 12 15 18 15 12 17 14 18 19 18 17 18 games in some cases with better players

So it would be pretty remarkable with a young experienced squad that we would not expect to lose at least 15 games

No doubt that is what the club expects and if we had scored another couple of goals from a limited attack we would be where we expected to be

It also serves to keep the players' confidence up if there is a realistic expectation that they won't win every game

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, trousers said:

If theres any chance that this is an indirect leak by the club to test the water of fan reaction.... Here's one for them....

Homer Simpson GIF

It may not be a matter of choice. With a squad load of Championship level dross and a bunch of unproven kids to work with the attraction for any new manager is hard to fathom

Edited by Charlie Wayman

3 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

It may not be a matter of choice. With a squad load of Championship level dross and a bunch of unproven kids to work with the attraction for any new manager is hard to fathom

championship dross my arse.  When we get relegated, most of the first 14 or so will be in demand

The manager is the problem

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

championship dross my arse.  When we get relegated, most of the first 14 or so will be in demand

100% this, cant believe how may people make up excuse upon excuse for the useless ego driven idiot 

Edited by danjosaint
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Who?

JWP, KWP, Tino, Lavia, - Who else is going to attract attention? Adams at a push?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Who?

JWP, KWP, Tino, Lavia, - Who else is going to attract attention? Adams at a push?

Bazunu, KwP, Tino, Salisu, ABK, DCC, JwP, AMN (although not ours), S.Armstrong, Lavia, Adams (given he was linked with a few clubs this summer)

• Like 2

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

Bazunu, KwP, Tino, Salisu, ABK, DCC, JwP, AMN (although not ours), S.Armstrong, Lavia, Adams (given he was linked with a few clubs this summer)

Sorry, but no club is going to go all out to sign any of them. ABK maybe but he'll need another season before a top club considers him.

I hope Ralph stays. I take no notice of unattributed rumours, and as for his honest assessment that a club of Saints size will lose 10 - 15 games a season, in a league as strong as the present Premier League, well, yes, so what?

I believe the present squad will improve remarkably after the World Cup break, with the experience they are gaining all the time, returning injured players, and I expect the club to reinforce the forward line in January, and hopefully, the midfield too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

But in the last 10 years since returning to the Premiership we have never managed less than 10 defeats in a season. In quite a few seasons it has been more than 15 too ...... 

I know that it isn't the most positive statement to make, but you can't deny the accuracy based on historical data.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Ok, Edozie is supposed to be a very hot prospect, so he could be in demand, Aribo probably and maybe even Perraud.

there you go

When we signed Edozie it was reported that he was better than Sancho was at the same age. 

Leeds fans seem to really rate Adams, in fact only last night I was talking to one whilst waiting for a takeaway and he said that I’d they’d signed him when they tried they’d be much further up the table. 

you’re right if/when we go down most of our first eleven will get other clubs, Plus Edozie. We’ll be stuck with McCarthy, Elyanoussi, Djenepo, Walcott, Lyanco and Armstrong 

im amazed Brighton at 6th without a prolific striker it seems impossible to win games without. 

Edited by Turkish

8 minutes ago, manji said:

I’m confident SR have our next manager lined up and have for a while. Same as we have two front players for January. 

Any idea who? For both the manager (whether it’s Nuno or not) and the strikers?

on a scale of 1 (no confidence whatsoever) to 10 (im shitting myself with excitement). How confident are you with the front players? 

39 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Have a day off. Adams, Salisu and Stu wont attract anyone better than relegation strugglers. Tino, Baz and DCC are far from proven players. AMN has looked like a fish up a tree for the most part and marginally less crap in his last game.

Lavia and ABK will be in demand. JWP and KWP will probably end up somewhere like Everton or West Ham, superstars they are not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl