Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Ralph isn’t going anywhere.

We haven’t got a good squad. This is SR’s business model, buy children and hope it works out. It isn’t working out.

But SR will not be forking out another £50m this January.

If any money is spent it needs to be on a backbone like Newcastle did last January, but it won’t happen, because now one will be forking out £10m on the crap in our squad like Diallo, Walcott‘s wages etc.

Too many on here think real life is like FIFA where it all happens over night at the click of a finger.

RALPH ISN’T GOING ANYWHERE.

(FYI, I’m sick of the way we’re playing, setting up etc. The players need to grow a pair, they aren’t good enough. Simple as).

• Haha 3
  • Confused 9

28 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

We haven’t got a good squad. This is SR’s business model, buy children and hope it works out. It isn’t working out.

If any money is spent it needs to be on a backbone like Newcastle did last January, but it won’t happen, because now one will be forking out £10m on the crap in our squad like Diallo, Walcott‘s wages etc.

Too many on here think real life is like FIFA where it all happens over night at the click of a finger.

(FYI, I’m sick of the way we’re playing, setting up etc. The players need to grow a pair, they aren’t good enough. Simple as).

We dont need a backbone. We've brought in Lavia, ABK and Bazunu who've largely improved our spine. DCC is also an improvement on Stephens. Its fairly obvious we need goalscorers and players who can create goals too

• Like 6

He sat there, head in his hands, for the whole world to see that he didn’t have a clue. For that image alone, he should be sacked. I wanted him gone before the start of last season, let alone this one, the bloke is out of his depth, and hasn’t got a clue. Ralph out.

• Like 16

You can go on about the lack of quality on the bench all you want but not making an attacking change until 78 mins one goal down is criminal, Aribo and moi were shit and should’ve come off at half time with diallio, or god forbid move diallo forward where he should be playing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

You know fuck all like the rest of us, so don’t say it like you do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

How do you know he isn't going to get the sack this week? There has to be a breaking point when the club will act

• Like 1

So, I have been a fool, I was completely seduced by 5 points from 9, way better than anyone could have expected. Then, we lose to Palace, who are not very good themselves, and it’s 5 points from 12, not so impressive. Then I recall that we had four straight defeats prior to the West Ham draw, so, 5 points from 24, oh dear! Then,  I look at the table and realise we will probably be bottom by the World Cup break, oh dear oh dear!  I know Che should have scored yesterday but that would only have masked another show of Ralph’s absolute and total incompetence.

So Dragan, you need to act very quickly now, if it’s not already too late, Ralph, and probably Semmens need to go.

Edited by Toussaint
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

So, I have been a fool, I was completely seduced by 4 points from 9, way better than anyone could have expected. Then, we lose to Palace, who are not very good themselves, and it’s four points from 12, not so impressive. Then I recall that we had four straight defeats prior to the West Ham draw, so, 4 points from 24, oh dear! Then,  I look at the table and realise we will probably be bottom by the World Cup break, oh dear oh dear!  I know Che should have scored yesterday but that would only have masked another show of Ralph’s absolute and total incompetence.

So Dragan, you need to act very quickly now, if it’s not already too late, Ralph, and probably Semmens need to go.

Actually it’s 5 points from 12 and it’s probably going to be 5 from 15 vs Newcastle. We won’t attack vs Liverpool so probably 5 from 18 before the World Cup.

Yes time to go Ralph and Semmens as your stealing a living conning the fans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Actually it’s 5 points from 12 and it’s probably going to be 5 from 15 vs Newcastle. We won’t attack vs Liverpool so probably 5 from 18 before the World Cup.

Yes time to go Ralph and Semmens as your stealing a living conning the fans.

Corrected, cheers. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skintsaint said:

4 wins in 27 now?

4 in 25 17 points from 25. Over a season 25 points. On course to finish bottom

Pellegrino also 4 in his last 25, but 23 points from 25. Over a season 34 points. 

Edited by Turkish

Ralph was certain we were buying a striker (after mara) during the summer in his interviews.

If its true that Semmens fucked it up by penny pinching even though SR had given him the green light then he is the biggest problem.

With a clinical striker we would of scored yesterday, maybe won.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Ralph was certain we were buying a striker (after mara) during the summer in his interviews.

If its true that Semmens fucked it up by penny pinching even though SR had given him the green light then he is the biggest problem.

I obviously understand the striker argument but we don't have an identity anymore, can barely string 3 passes together and the team totally lacks confidence. That is down to manager. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Just even a competent striker. Adams had two big chances and put them both straight at the keeper. He’s got to be scoring one of those. It’s a shame because he’s all round play is good, he gets himself into the positions but usually misses. He should really have had at least another 3 or 4 this season already. Which would have given us all they 3-6 points. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just even a competent striker. Adams had two big chances and put them both straight at the keeper. He’s got to be scoring one of those. It’s a shame because he’s all round play is good, he gets himself into the positions but usually misses. He should really have had at least another 3 or 4 this season already. Which would have given us all they 3-6 points. 

Including that absolute shocker against wolves. One of the worst misses I have ever seen in my entire life in any football anywhere

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Including that absolute shocker against wolves. One of the worst misses I have ever seen in my entire life in any football anywhere

It’s interesting - watching him yesterday from the Arthur Wait stand among the palace fans (long story!) it’s incredible how many times he jumps early - way too early - and ends up coming back to earth at the same time as the ball. He doesn’t meet it - he sort of joins it. That’s precisely what happened at Wolves and many times since. Not sure that’s a coaching thing - his sense of time and space are off. Might explain other failings too…..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

It’s interesting - watching him yesterday from the Arthur Wait stand among the palace fans (long story!) it’s incredible how many times he jumps early - way too early - and ends up coming back to earth at the same time as the ball. He doesn’t meet it - he sort of joins it. That’s precisely what happened at Wolves and many times since. Not sure that’s a coaching thing - his sense of time and space are off. Might explain other failings too…..

Could be an anxiety thing?

Edited by Toussaint

11 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Sadly, I think he's gone by the WC. In around 20 points I think he'd be safe, but to finish on 15-12 points is not good enough by any stretch given the investment. 

True, we have somehow managed to invest and make the attack worse, which hasn't helped things, but it gets to the point where everyone just needs a reset and a fresh pair of eyes to appraise what is here.

• Like 2

I’ve said for ages he won’t be gone until at least the World Cup period. And I’ve said that for some time.

I reckon his results against West Ham, Bournemouth and Arsenal gave him a stay of execution. There’s now less than a handful of games until the World Cup break, I personally think the board will wait until then.

We need to be beating the teams around us, defeats to Wolves, Palace, Villa and a crap draw against Leeds; he is on borrowed time of his borrowed time.

The board aren’t going to shell out a fuck ton of money on new players, they’ll change the manager but I don’t see them doing it until the World Cup starts.

Then I would imagine the board will assess and make their next steps.

I’m not Ralph In, his time is up, he’s done as much as he can with these players I think. But I haven’t hounded for him to be sacked like some did five minutes into the Spurs game. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Palace also missed chances and probably should have had the game won in the first half. Adams is not the only striker in the league who misses chances - our problem is that we don't create enough opportunities so it highlights the few misses. Adams nor anyone else will score many goals for this team the way Ralph sets us up.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

That was utterly dreadful today and he disappeared straight off down the tunnel at the end of the game. 

He does every single time we’re shit (which is most weeks). Next time we win away and he comes over to do that noddy jazz hands shite, he should be told to fuck off. However, our nods will lap it up. 

If you’re going to skulk away without acknowledging the fans when we’re shit, then don’t give it the Klopp impression when we actually win. He’s a fucking fraud. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’ve said for ages he won’t be gone until at least the World Cup period. And I’ve said that for some time.

I reckon his results against West Ham, Bournemouth and Arsenal gave him a stay of execution. There’s now less than a handful of games until the World Cup break, I personally think the board will wait until then.

We need to be beating the teams around us, defeats to Wolves, Palace, Villa and a crap draw against Leeds; he is on borrowed time of his borrowed time.

The board aren’t going to shell out a fuck ton of money on new players, they’ll change the manager but I don’t see them doing it until the World Cup starts.

I’m not Ralph In, his time is up, he’s done as much as he can with these players I think. But I haven’t hounded for him to be sacked like some did five minutes into the Spurs game. 

Why wait though.  Surely it would be better for the new manager to spend as much time with the group before the break.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Spot on, put the 29 year old Danny Ings that left us in this side and things would likely be very different. including Adam's tally. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gingeletiss said:

He sat there, head in his hands, for the whole world to see that he didn’t have a clue. For that image alone, he should be sacked. I wanted him gone before the start of last season, let alone this one, the bloke is out of his depth, and hasn’t got a clue. Ralph out.

What certainly didn't help anyone was the 2 golden opportunities that Adams was given,in hindsight buying a decent priced striker was the way to go.

Someone somewhere dropped the biggest of bollocks.

"Discussing his striker options in an interview with Sky Sports, Hasenhuttl said: "He (Mara) is not the only offensive player we want to bring in. There is still somebody else to come.

“In the end, we need guys who make a difference up front.

“I think it’s definitely a fact that last season, we had the best time when Armando Broja was on his highest level.

“That makes a difference in those games for us. You can see that some goals, when there is no chance, can change completely a game and turn things around.

“This is what a lot of Premier League teams have, an exceptional striker up front who makes a difference in some moments, and that makes it easier for the whole team to do the rest of the job.

“That is what we need. We were strongest last season when we had it. This season, we need the same.”

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20598805.ralph-hasenhuttl-southampton-fc-need-add-another-striker/

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

How do you know he isn't going to get the sack this week? There has to be a breaking point when the club will act

he doesn't, but writes like an 'in the know'. Tedious.

• Confused 1

Sorry to be the one to point this out….but you somewhat contradict yourself in this post. At the top of this page you state - in capitals - ‘Ralph isn’t going anywhere’. So which is it? 

1 hour ago, alehouseboys said:

Tbf, on another day we'd have been buried out of sight by halftime.

This is the other side of the coin which many choose to ignore or brush under the carpet allowing Ralph to accept no responsibility while chucking Adams under the bus.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

What is that point though? as it obviously wasn't only wining three games in 28 which any other club would have found unacceptable, Think he's here to stay personally for better or worse 

Ralph won’t be going anywhere…this week. And probably at least up until the World Cup period.

The board will hold on as long as possible, and I reckon there would’ve been some form of checkpoint to reach and assess before deciding next steps. I think that checkpoint is the World Cup period.

So I don’t think he’ll be out this week, but come next month they’ll be questions marks by his name. SR won’t want to see their investment go down the shitter.

Either a standout out winger (such as Gakpo) or a striker were required in the summer window.
We bought neither.

We let a hard man in Romeu leave on deadline day and accepted that Diallo and Lavia would be the perfect partners for JWP.
JWP and Diallo are fundamentally weak. And it’s been exposed in Lavia’s absence.

The above isn’t on Ralph. Nor is the injuries we’ve had to Lavia and ABK.

That falls solely on the recruitment.

And Sport Republic are not going to spend another £50m in a month to fix the problem.

That’s why I think he has been given time. As well as that I think the players are playing for him. 
But the team as it is at the moment is simply not good enough.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Some right wet fannies on here. 

On another day we win that game, if we had someone else up front. 

This entirely! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

And that points back to the problem that we didn’t get that standout attacking player in the summer.

Defensively squad wise that’s the best we’ve been for some years, but we are very weak out wide and up top, and our inability to kill of games will be our biggest failing this season.

3 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Some right wet fannies on here. 

On another day we win that game, if we had someone else up front. 

We might have done, but then again, Palace might have scored more than once with better finishing too. All ifs, buts and maybes.

Even if Adams had buried just one of his chances, it still wouldn't have excused how utterly gash our first half performance was.

You cannot play that badly for an entire half and expect to rely on a clinical striker to get you out of trouble and take some points. Not in the PL anyway.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

This entirely! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

And that points back to the problem that we didn’t get that standout attacking player in the summer.

Defensively squad wise that’s the best we’ve been for some years, but we are very weak out wide and up top, and our inability to kill of games will be our biggest failing this season.

The biggest weakness is at CM. That's where we are consistently surrendering any control of matches and failing to turn defence into attack.

• Like 1

Our struggles are not all on Ralph, but his tactics and formations are a big contributory factor.

Our midfield is probably the poorest in the league:

A and S Armstrong, Moi, Diallo, JWP (who is really struggling this year) are all terrible and are so lacking in creativity.  Add in a pathetic strike force - if Adams is the answer the wrong question is being asked - and it is no wonder we are struggling.  Our form fell off a cliff when an 18 year old got injured.

Our defence is 'OK' - but the midfield, such as it is, is simply overrun most games and cannot make attacking moves to relieve the pressure.

Surely some of our young B team players and Edozie can make some difference over the tired, and failed, options?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

You said at the top of this thread that he’s going nowhere, now you’re saying he might be gone after the World Cup….make your mind up you fucking balloon 😂😂

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

This entirely! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We would be a bit stronger if we weren’t so slow and ponderous in possession.  That’s down to the manager.

• Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl