Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I do. I'm autistic and so I remember everything about everything. It happened, I was in Ibiza listening on the website and heard the boo's.

I have total recall as well, I was laying in bed listening to the match Solent, then Liz Hurley crept into the room and starting touching me beneath the duvet, suddenly I realised my wife was asleep next to me, so i said Liz, stop, not now, the wife's here, come back tomorrow. She never did come back. But the day wasn't lost as I was later recruited by the SAS to carry out a series of black ops, I had to turn them down as I had a busy week at work and a bit of a sniffle, but I appreciated the gesture. 

I definitely don't remember any booing. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Could it be that Hasenhuttl was being 'carried' by Watson, Fleming & Davis and the club have sacked the wrong people. You can never be sure that our down turn has coincided with their departure. I know we dissed those blokes as being useless but..............

Dead on Kelvin 👍🏻

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I have total recall as well, I was laying in bed listening to the match Solent, then Liz Hurley crept into the room and starting touching me beneath the duvet, suddenly I realised my wife was asleep next to me, so i said Liz, stop, not now, the wife's here, come back tomorrow. She never did come back. But the day wasn't lost as I was later recruited by the SAS to carry out a series of black ops, I had to turn them down as I had a busy week at work and a bit of a sniffle, but I appreciated the gesture. 

I definitely don't remember any booing. 

So you're saying that you also remember days where nothing out of the ordinary happens?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Toussaint said:

No there won't be a clause, but there would be an implied term that you can actually carry the duties for which you are employed, to the required level. He is clearly too proud to resign and probably thinks he can turn it around still, so yes, in that sense the decision should be made for him.

Is there a similar implied term where if you're obviously way too good for us you get to walk away to a better job without us getting any compensation?

23 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Is there a similar implied term where if you're obviously way too good for us you get to walk away to a better job without us getting any compensation?

Should be an express term really, straightforward breach of contract.  But my knowledge is basic and I’m not privy to the contract.

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

He’d do alright there because they have better players. 

They may have better players, but it's Ralph's tactics that got found out. They would fare no better, with RalphBall v1. They might score more with this season's RalphBall. But I'd not fancy their defence to keep any clean sheets. They could well ship in more than us, from what I've seen of them.

Edit: Along the way, Ralph would be teaching them his automatisms, and it's the door for anyone who doesn't buy into it, or questions it. A fair few of that squad would be off like a shot.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson

33 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

More and more convinced that our reported interest in a championship manager is JD Tommason. Seems to be doing a great job with Blackburn and there is of course the Danish link

Blackburn play high pressing and either win or lose, no draws this season, 9 wins and 7 losses in 16 matches. Sounds quite similar! Although, they're top of the Championship, so it's working for now.

I think we need someone more solid, someone who knows how to grind out results, not it's either good, or bad.

1 minute ago, HarvSFC said:

Blackburn play high pressing and either win or lose, no draws this season, 9 wins and 7 losses in 16 matches. Sounds quite similar! Although, they're top of the Championship, so it's working for now.

I think we need someone more solid, someone who knows how to grind out results, not it's either good, or bad.

Even before Blackburn, he took Malmo through 4 qualifying rounds to the Champions League group stages last season. Beat Rangers home and away. The game at Ibrox certainly required them to grind out the result

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

He’d do alright there because they have better players. 

I don’t disagree with this. Still, doesn’t mean he’s right for us. We need a manager to get the best out of what we have… Ralph isn’t. 

11 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Lighthouse is in full ‘Must. Defend. Ralph’ mode of late.

Ralph just looks done with managing. The geezer is shot and looks like he wants to retire. He seems to have lost every sort of buzz about him that made him a great fit with us.

I was like lighthouse for a long time tbh but watching my team get worse and worse is not great - time to go Ralph.

29 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

Just heard that key players asked the board for a new manager in the summer, so why did they stick with him and give him so much money? 

Did they give him a load of money, or did the owners buy players they thought were right for us, irrelevant of manager? and not necessarily for he "team" but for the "business"?  I think the board believed Ralph was the right person in the summer and had done enough historically to deserve a chance with a few fresh faces. 

Unfortunately we're still a striker and attacking midfielder short of having a decent team and this looks like it will eventually cost Ralph his job. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Did they give him a load of money, or did the owners buy players they thought were right for us, irrelevant of manager? and not necessarily for he "team" but for the "business"?  I think the board believed Ralph was the right person in the summer and had done enough historically to deserve a chance with a few fresh faces. 

Unfortunately we're still a striker and attacking midfielder short of having a decent team and this looks like it will eventually cost Ralph his job. 

Exactly this - we'd have bought these players regardless of Ralph, as they fit the club model and ethos, and our playing philosophy to a lesser or greater extent

6 hours ago, Dman said:

I don’t disagree with this. Still, doesn’t mean he’s right for us. We need a manager to get the best out of what we have… Ralph isn’t. 

What we currently have is diallo and JWP as central midfielders... Ely, Stu, edozi, Adam Armstrong as attacking mids, and Che Adam and mara as strikers. 

I will kindly suggest that anyone thinking that is a premier league level squad is living in cloud cuckoo land. 

It really does show how important lavia is to us; not only is he a quality player, but he is also the only competent anchor man for the midfield - and his defensive abilities and mobility are key to us being competitive in that area. Losing him (and now ABK and to a lesser extend ANM and Livramento) is a real blow to a squad like ours - we didn't have that much depth to start with. The fact that I can sit here and say that losing someone as average as ANM to injury is a blow says it all. And seriously, if we lose one more of JWP / KWP / Salisu / Che long term then I think we can all collectively kiss  the Premier league goodbye. Slatterly would be getting game time right now if he was still around, and i think the central midfield titan that is Will Smallbone certainly would... And whilst i'm at it, I am surprised we haven't seen more of ballard this season, we don't have anything to lose and at least he can finish.

The saving grace might actually be the world Cup at this rate - in that we can regroup without too much international footy and get a full strength squad. But fundamentally, I don't care who the manager is. Fans need to be realistic about this squad and our current injuries. We are in serious trouble atm, and I don't think there is any manager that is going to be able to come in and magically cover over the basic holes in the team's quality. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I think it is time for Ralph to move on, as there is enough evidence that the same old problemS aren’t being addressed and most of these are confidence and man management issues. However… the club has a lot to answer for. The lack of a striker is completely criminal when every man and his dog who watched Saints know Brojas goals kept us up last season as did Ings before him. The failure to get a striker is complete negligence and many involved should lose their jobs over it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

I’d say our mostly terrible form for the past two years, including when Ings was there will cost him. 

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

So, are we back to the 'it's not his team' defence?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

So, are we back to the 'it's not his team' defence?

If it wasn't him who is in charge of signing players then it is just a fact.

If it was Ralph that made the decision to replace Broja and Long with a 18 year old kid who managed to score just 6 goals in the French league then he obviously should be fired.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mallagroth said:

I think it is time for Ralph to move on, as there is enough evidence that the same old problemS aren’t being addressed and most of these are confidence and man management issues. However… the club has a lot to answer for. The lack of a striker is completely criminal when every man and his dog who watched Saints know Brojas goals kept us up last season as did Ings before him. The failure to get a striker is complete negligence and many involved should lose their jobs over it. 

I think the only possible explanation is that those 4 goals che got in a couple of games including 2 vs Cambridge made them complacent into thinking he was the answer .. if so very stupid!

heads should be rolling over this decision.. was it Ralph’s decision ? Semmens? Shields? Whoever has made this decision has a lot to answer for.. we now have a complete lack of firepower until at least January and I wouldn’t even be confident of us sorting it out then as January will be more expensive as no body gonna want to let their striker go .

it’s inexcusable really and even if you wanna point to Mara as the striker signing what’s the good in that if Ralph doesn’t even see him in the side over the complete pile of shit we have up front ?

1 hour ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I think the only possible explanation is that those 4 goals che got in a couple of games including 2 vs Cambridge made them complacent into thinking he was the answer .. if so very stupid!

heads should be rolling over this decision.. was it Ralph’s decision ? Semmens? Shields? Whoever has made this decision has a lot to answer for.. we now have a complete lack of firepower until at least January and I wouldn’t even be confident of us sorting it out then as January will be more expensive as no body gonna want to let their striker go .

it’s inexcusable really and even if you wanna point to Mara as the striker signing what’s the good in that if Ralph doesn’t even see him in the side over the complete pile of shit we have up front ?

Ralph was adamant we were bringing in a striker, so there is no way it was his decision to not sign one. Failure for that lies squarely with the recruitment team 🤷‍♂️. At the moment it seems like Shields' formal involvement in our transfer dealings amounts to shipping out Romeu for Edozi and Lopez... And how much do we all want Romeu right now? Who knows, maybe we'll get tp see Gakpo in the blue of chelsea next year as well... 😆

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

If it wasn't him who is in charge of signing players then it is just a fact.

In that case no manager would ever be sacked, as pretty much none of them control transfers. In terms of influence around the football side of the club & longevity, I’d imagine Ralph is right up there with any manager in the league. Strange how other managers get sacked, but we have people still trotting out excuses. If you want to manage “your team”, players hand picked by yourself, the premier league isn’t the place. The buck stops with him, just as any success is his. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

In that case no manager would ever be sacked, as pretty much none of them control transfers. In terms of influence around the football side of the club & longevity, I’d imagine Ralph is right up there with any manager in the league. Strange how other managers get sacked, but we have people still trotting out excuses. If you want to manage “your team”, players hand picked by yourself, the premier league isn’t the place. The buck stops with him, just as any success is his. 

This. I think it's time for him to go as well but he cannot be blamed for transfers and nor can any manager above League Two I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

I think the far more obvious explanation is that we tried really hard behind the scenes to sign a striker and were confident of at least one of our attempted deals coming off, but ultimately none of our targets wanted to come and by the last day of the window we were left high and dry without a suitable backup option.

There is no chance - zero - that anyone at the club with the power to make that decision looked at our options in the last week of August and said "nah they're fine, we don't need to sign anyone else".

18 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

He really wouldn't

17 hours ago, Wade Garrett said:

He wouldn’t.  He is clueless.

17 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Lighthouse is in full ‘Must. Defend. Ralph’ mode of late.

Ralph just looks done with managing. The geezer is shot and looks like he wants to retire. He seems to have lost every sort of buzz about him that made him a great fit with us.

TBH, that post wasn’t even about defending Ralph. Villa have a team full of attackers they’ve spent £30m plus on; Ings, Watkins, Buendia, Bailey and Coutinho. Ralph is trying to get goals out of Mara, Adams, Moi, Aribo and Armstrong. There’s a difference, no matter how low you rate a manager. I don’t rate Puel, he’d have done better with Mané, Portvleit would have done better with Lambert, Burley would have done better with Hooiveld.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like me and think the mood on here and in the media has changed significantly in the last few days over whether Ralph is on his way ?

I'm not a prolific poster but I did write a couple of pieces in the last few weeks about my opinion about Ralphs tenure here.

I still am of the opinion that he is a good and honourable man and we have had some mildly decent times under his leadership. Went on to bemoan his tactics, strategy and selctions like most here. However, the thing all of us cannot get away from now is his record. I'm no statitician but his win ratio is apalling and on that basis alone, I made my mind up 2 weeks ago that it was time for a new face at the club. Every Manager has his time and I think Ralphs time is now up and we can say goodbye and thanks with no acrimony at all.

I attended the Everton match which was utterly dismal. The mood gathered and I honestly thought he was on his way. Then we had  Man C which we can forgive !

And then we had last Sundays match v West Ham. And once again the prevailing mood was if we cannot win against a depleted W Ham team at home it was time. Once again we had a reasonably first half and a throroughly predictable apalling second half where we were overun.

And so I and I suspect along with many others, looked towards some news coming out of the Club on the Monday. However we have had nothing....zilch ! Everything has gone quiet and complacent and the mood in my opinion has become almost resigned that he aint going anywhere. 

Ralph is still here, churning out his anfathomable pre match Press Conferences and I for one am starting to despair ! I feel we have got him for the season and if we have, then we are bloody doomed in my opinion. And I'm sorry if I sound like Private Frazier but that is how I feel. ( By the way, I'm almost as old ) 

What happens if we lose tonight ? Anyone ? It's another of those "must win " games....that will dictate Ralphs future !.....but it never ever applies does it.

In my honest opinion, we are in deep doo doo. I know it's after just a few matches but that is how I feel. If we get detatched from the clubs above us in the next couple of weeks it's a hells own job to get those points back in the Premiership.

So, for me, if we dont win tonight against a Club who who we should be so much better than.....is that Arrogance Mr.Blackmore !.....he has to go....in my opinion.

But this does sound like a never ending record doesnt it.

S  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Francis1947 said:

Anyone else feel like me and think the mood on here and in the media has changed significantly in the last few days over whether Ralph is on his way ?

So, for me, if we dont win tonight against a Club who who we should be so much better than.....is that Arrogance Mr.Blackmore !.....he has to go....in my opinion.

In Adam's defence his tone has changed a lot recently too - I get the feeling he's sensed Ralph is probably on his last throw of the dice

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I'm not saying he shouldn't be sacked, just that calling it 'his team' if he is not in control of who is signed or sold is not accurate.

If someone else is in charge of signings then they must take part of the blame for the state of our forward line.

The team is not necessarily his because he chose the players or signed them, they become his when he has had them long enough to impose his ways and methods on them. 

Has he had them long enough? Most of them, yes. The new players, maybe not. However, his current record, this year, just isn’t good enough. The club have got rid of players that he’d worked with for a while (so knew his methods). 

Ultimately, either the players aren’t good enough, or he isn’t. We can change the manager, we can’t change the whole playing staff. 

6 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I would say there are quite a few other things aside from having a striker and an attacking midfielder which will eventually cost Ralph his job. Not suggesting we wouldn't be doing better with those in the side but Ralph has a stack of negatives that go against him.

2 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I think the far more obvious explanation is that we tried really hard behind the scenes to sign a striker and were confident of at least one of our attempted deals coming off, but ultimately none of our targets wanted to come and by the last day of the window we were left high and dry without a suitable backup option.

There is no chance - zero - that anyone at the club with the power to make that decision looked at our options in the last week of August and said "nah they're fine, we don't need to sign anyone else".

I don’t think there is any excuse for it,, we had all summer ffs

Newly promoted forest are there signing 50 players and we can’t get a striker ?

we shouldn’t even be getting close to last day of the window and being left high and dry as we had all freaking summer to sort this out ..

reeks of either complacency or trying to be too clever for me 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Saint86 said:

And seriously, if we lose one more of JWP / KWP / Salisu / Che long term then I think we can all collectively kiss  the Premier league goodbye. 

KWP off injured... Joy. 

Edited by Saint86

Terrible result. Ralph always manages to pull a win out of the bag just as his time seems to be up. 

Just had a look at the results from the same 11 fixtures fixtures last season, substituting Burnley for Bournemouth. 

Saints took 12 points from the same fixtures last season compared to 11 this season. So we're nearly as shit as we were last season but we now look even more clueless. Top work, Ralph. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Terrible result. Ralph always manages to pull a win out of the bag just as his time seems to be up. 

Just had a look at the results from the same 11 fixtures fixtures last season, substituting Burnley for Bournemouth. 

Saints took 12 points from the same fixtures last season compared to 11 this season. So we're nearly as shit as we were last season but we now look even more clueless. Top work, Ralph. 

Melt.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

TWAT

• Like 4

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl