Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

Just now, MarkSFC said:

Why the fuck is he still here. Ridiculous. Lose to Bournemouth and that must surely be it. Win versus Bournemouth and it should still be it. Its Bournemouth ffs. 

Because, as Semmens said at the pre-season fan's forum, where we finish is not important. I think there was more to that statement than most of us appreciated at the time. People saw it as a throw-away remark but maybe it was a warning to the supporters. SR may have no desire or intention to get rid of Ralph whatever the results and our league position. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, saintant said:

Because, as Semmens said at the pre-season fan's forum, where we finish is not important. I think there was more to that statement than most of us appreciated at the time. People saw it as a throw-away remark but maybe it was a warning to the supporters. SR may have no desire or intention to get rid of Ralph whatever the results and our league position. 

Why bother going then. Why bother "supporting" people who have no interest in creating sporting success. Cvnts the lot of them. This is almost as bad as Branfoot time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, saintant said:

I think you can take it for granted that he wasn't including getting relegated in that analysis. SR didn't spend nearly 200m on the club and invest another 70m on players for us to get relegated, lose most of our income, most of our equity as a PL club and have our best players cherry picked for less than they're worth because they refuse to play in the Championship.

They want the club to be a showcase to power a business model based on player sales. That means staying up and playing football that allows our young players to show their ability reasonably frequently, even if the exact league position isn't as important to them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

I think you can take it for granted that he wasn't including getting relegated in that analysis. SR didn't spend nearly 200m on the club and invest another 70m on players for us to get relegated, lose most of our income, most of our equity as a PL club and have our best players cherry picked for less than they're worth because they refuse to play in the Championship.

They want the club to be a showcase to power a business model based on player sales. That means staying up and playing football that allows our young players to show their ability reasonably frequently, even if the exact league position isn't as important to them.

They need to fucking grow a pair quickly if they don’t want to go down.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Which I would think is true, but SR has not accounted for the impact of Semmens and Ralph’s negativity and lack of drive through the club and onto the first team culture. If you start saying league position and results aren’t important, that’s a very, very dangerous game to play. Only way for SR to recover this is either a big name who shakes the place up and lifts standards like Hoddle or WGS did, or a lesser name who is hyper driven and can find some tactical points of difference. I’m struggling to see sufficient goal threat for anything other than relegation this season even so.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

How can anyone think that after 13/66 home points? Or just 3 wins from 22 home games? It’s utterly indefensible and worse than anything Hughes and Pellegrino produced. People who want him to stay must be utterly delusional or dangerous cultists. 

There is a select few who will not blame Ralph regardless of what happens. They could find Ralph in bed with their wife and they’d tuck him in. 

He’s had every excuse under the sun given to him. Not his squad, injuries, bad eggs in the camp and now ‘but we didn’t sign a striker’. Some of them justified (injuries), others just absolute cop outs to void Ralph of any responsibility. 

Yes we didn’t sign a striker this season, but we’re not even playing well, we could stick Haaland up there and our pedestrian build up would just isolate him. 

In fact, over the past 4 years, brilliance in the form of 2 exceptional runs of from 2 strikers (ings then Broja) and JWP turning Free kicks into penalties, papered over a lot of cracks. 

If Ralph hadn’t managed RB, was English, looked like Steve cooper and spoke like Puel, he’d have been out the door a long, long time ago.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dman said:

If Ralph hadn’t managed RB, was English, looked like Steve cooper and spoke like Puel, he’d have been out the door a long, long time ago.

It would be very confusing if he was English but spoke with a French accent.

I'd be very surprised if he was still here if we lose to Bournemouth. Let's face it, we'll lose to Arsenal anyway so it wouldn't matter who is in charge for that game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Think you must have a fantastic memory to be that precise and remember something so far back, OR your making it up.

I certainly don’t remember that.

I do. I'm autistic and so I remember everything about everything. It happened, I was in Ibiza listening on the website and heard the boo's.

• Haha 4

Decisive action needs taking, soon. Picking up points at the moment is down to luck and chance, rather than any managerial intervention, tactics or inspiration.

If we somehow fluke points against Bournemouth, it doesn't justify Ralph staying at the helm.

He's already left us rudderless and without any sense of direction or purpose. There's just no sense of belief at the club anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dman said:

There is a select few who will not blame Ralph regardless of what happens. They could find Ralph in bed with their wife and they’d tuck him in. 

He’s had every excuse under the sun given to him. Not his squad, injuries, bad eggs in the camp and now ‘but we didn’t sign a striker’. Some of them justified (injuries), others just absolute cop outs to void Ralph of any responsibility. 

Yes we didn’t sign a striker this season, but we’re not even playing well, we could stick Haaland up there and our pedestrian build up would just isolate him. 

In fact, over the past 4 years, brilliance in the form of 2 exceptional runs of from 2 strikers (ings then Broja) and JWP turning Free kicks into penalties, papered over a lot of cracks. 

This is very true. People talk about the finance problems he's had, having to sell to buy, but it's been that was since 2014, Koeman and Puel both got far, far better results with the same constraints. Our form now over an extended period is worse than anything under Pellegrino and Hughes too.

11 hours ago, verlaine1979 said:

I don't doubt that but so far they've shown a strange way of going about it. Since they took over we have possibly regressed as a football club.

29 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Presumably Ralph himself does, otherwise he'd have done the decent thing and walked by now.

Yes, he should do the honourable thing and dishonour the contract we gave him. I agree that it's time for him to go but can we stop this "do the decent thing" please? We whinge about players and managers not honouring contracts and then we demand they scrap their contracts to suit our own agenda. SR are clearly prepared to spend money so that's not an issue so I can only imagine they genuinely do back him.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Could it be that Hasenhuttl was being 'carried' by Watson, Fleming & Davis and the club have sacked the wrong people. You can never be sure that our down turn has coincided with their departure. I know we dissed those blokes as being useless but..............

Seems unlikely but I have no actual evidence to refute it.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Could it be that Hasenhuttl was being 'carried' by Watson, Fleming & Davis and the club have sacked the wrong people. You can never be sure that our down turn has coincided with their departure. I know we dissed those blokes as being useless but..............

I think that's very, very unlikely, not least because we were terrible in the last half of last season and slightly better initially this season

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Pointing out spelling or grammar errors is right up there with "that was Hitler's logic" as a cop out.

A bit like saying, “I’m autistic, I remember everything, it happened” as evidence of your claim. 

If there were boos at the end of the Huddersfield game, it could have been aimed at anything, the ref, the players, sammy the saint. 

“I heard boos on the radio, therefore fans wanted him out after 10 games” is a ridiculously weak argument. 

2 minutes ago, Dman said:

A bit like saying, “I’m autistic, I remember everything, it happened” as evidence of your claim. 

If there were boos at the end of the Huddersfield game, it could have been aimed at anything, the ref, the players, sammy the saint. 

“I heard boos on the radio, therefore fans wanted him out after 10 games” is a ridiculously weak argument. 

Hes talking bollocks. Ralph has had backing like no other manager. Even Koeman had fans questioning him during our second season when we went out of Europe with the awful performance in Denmark then went on a bad run around Christmas time. Ralph has been cut slack for 3 years, its only really been towards the end of last season onwards fans have started to turn and it really isn't surprising. We are shite.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Dman said:

Fair point, well made. Though anyone who boos Sammy the Saint can do one.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Yes, he should do the honourable thing and dishonour the contract we gave him. I agree that it's time for him to go but can we stop this "do the decent thing" please? We whinge about players and managers not honouring contracts and then we demand they scrap their contracts to suit our own agenda. SR are clearly prepared to spend money so that's not an issue so I can only imagine they genuinely do back him.

He sort of has dishonoured it as he falls way short  of the standard he is being paid handsomely for.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

He sort of has dishonoured it as he falls way short  of the standard he is being paid handsomely for.

But I can't imagine that's a clause in his contract. Sorry but no football manager regardless of how bad they are should resign unless they want to.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

But I can't imagine that's a clause in his contract. Sorry but no football manager regardless of how bad they are should resign unless they want to.

No there won't be a clause, but there would be an implied term that you can actually carry the duties for which you are employed, to the required level. He is clearly too proud to resign and probably thinks he can turn it around still, so yes, in that sense the decision should be made for him.

18 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

No there won't be a clause, but there would be an implied term that you can actually carry the duties for which you are employed, to the required level. He is clearly too proud to resign and probably thinks he can turn it around still, so yes, in that sense the decision should be made for him.

Yes, it should be made for him.

Don't forget he offered to resign after the first 9-0 so he's clearly not averse to the idea however the resignation was rejected. But he's had a new contract since then presumably with a bigger pay out.

1 minute ago, Christophenburg said:

Would be a bit like that time we graciously allowed George Burley to take the Scotland job.

Edit: I would pay money to see Begnerak's face when they tell him Ralph's his boss again.

Edited by Bad Wolf
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

pretty sure Ralph will retire after this job comes to an end. No way he quits, he will wait to be sacked and walk away with his millions and i don't blame him.

I think he’ll take another job in the future, but I think he’d be foolish to rush into another job, especially in the PL. 

He needs some time away to find himself and his style again. His intense nature must take it out of him. He certainly looks broken. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl