Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

53 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good move for him.

A slightly strange loan move from us, that one.

His step dad is David Horseman so not that strange. 

We were obviously trying to avoid relegation from PL2 div1 and he is an experienced player at that level who needed game time to be in the shop window.

Edited by Dusic

Not a HCDAJFU or particularly Saints related, but I've seen Mesut Ozil is happy to sit on his £350,000 contract until the end of the season so he can leave as a free agent. That's nearly £18 million quid! 😲 Nice money if you can get it. More annoying is he'll get to the other end and someone will offer him a big fat signing on fee and another huge wage. 

It makes the Fraser Forster contract look like peanuts. 🥜🐘

20 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What makes you think that?

Several reasons:

- First it seems obvious to me that Saints rather have to work to stabilize their defense, Hinteregger is probably in form of his life as a CB, an extreme valuable player for Frankfurt... a few years ago he was known for "black outs" in his game, but he worked on that one and barely makes any crucial errors in his game now

- his game build up is made for the premier league, his passing is very accurate even on longer distances. he has a great overview

- his positiong play has been fantastic lately and could be key to stabilize Saints def

- he is also very dangerous in standard situations/header shots, with 8 goals he finished even as Frankfurt second best striker which is insane

-  Ralph knows Hinteregger well and surely would assign him well into the squad

though i do not think Frankfurt would let him go for <23-25 mill eur

-

Edited by Østerrike
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Østerrike said:

Several reasons:

- First it seems obvious to me that Saints rather have to work to stabilize defense, Hinteregger is probably in form of his life as a CB, an extreme valuable player for Frankfurt... a few years ago he was known for "black outs" in his game, but he work on that one and barely makes any crucial errors in his game

- his game build up is made for the premier league, his passing is very accurate even on longer distances. he has a great overview

- his positiong play has been fantastic lately and could be key to stabilize Saints def

- he is also very dangerous in standard situations/header shots, with 8 goals he finished even as Frankfurt second best striker which is insane

-

Thanks for this he sounds great but I think we will need to shift a CB (Vesters) before we look for another. Also I think we will be looking to get a defensive Mid first.

2 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Thanks for this he sounds great but I think we will need to shift a CB (Vesters) before we look for another. Also I think we will be looking to get a defensive Mid first.

you're welcome, but due to Austrian news it seems pretty likely that Hinteregger already started chatting with Ralph ;)

9 minutes ago, Østerrike said:

Several reasons:

- First it seems obvious to me that Saints rather have to work to stabilize their defense, Hinteregger is probably in form of his life as a CB, an extreme valuable player for Frankfurt... a few years ago he was known for "black outs" in his game, but he worked on that one and barely makes any crucial errors in his game now

-

Cheers Ralph... although you're probably better off putting your justfication case to the SFC board rather than posting it on here.... ;) 

11 minutes ago, Østerrike said:

Several reasons:

-

Very interesting and a good insight as you've obviously have studied the player.  Not sure we'll be in the market for an 'experienced leader' in the back 4 (although we've cetainly needed one over the last few years) but if we were I'd have thought Orban at RB Leipzig would have been in Ralph's focus. Both though are outside of the under 25 category Ralph has talked of.

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Interesting. I take it there are reports then in the Austrian press

Just to add to Toadhall's question, are thee any rumblings of Frankfurt being cash strapped and needing to sell ?*

I may have read so somewhere, but recall this was the case with Shalke so may have confused the two.

*I'm sure they'd love Vestergaard in part exchange, proven in the Bundesliga.

4 minutes ago, Badger said:

Very interesting and a good insight as you've obviously have studied the player.  Not sure we'll be in the market for an 'experienced leader' in the back 4 (although we've cetainly needed one over the last few years) but if we were I'd have thought Orban at RB Leipzig would have been in Ralph's focus. Both though are outside of the under 25 category Ralph has talked of.

Puh if i would have to pick Hinteregger or Orban - definitely Hinti! ok, now it seems obvious that i am Austrian, but objectively i d really go for Hinteregger

Well I did notice that Hinteregger played some games as defensive midfielder in his youth team and early RB Salzburg career but that seems a long time ago and I'm not sure he's mobile enough for 4-2-2-2 formation.  Several reasons why it won't happen - wrong age and too expensive being the obvious ones but at face value certainly looks a good player.  Anyone who can chip in with goals from set pieces is going to love JWP corners.

Interesting we were mentioning hinteregger a few weeks back but I just found a reference in the austrian and in germans news as you mentioned.

Unless we have already sold Jan and are looking for a replacement i cant see us spending 20mil + on a defender

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/international/deutschland/bundesliga/news/transfer--aus-fuer-martin-hinteregger-bei-eintracht-frankfurt-/

https://www.fr.de/eintracht-frankfurt/die-millionen-spieler-von-eintracht-frankfurt-90021418.html

3 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Interesting we were mentioning hinteregger a few weeks back but I just found a reference in the austrian and in germans news as you mentioned.

Unless we have already sold Jan and are looking for a replacement i cant see us spending 20mil + on a defender

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/international/deutschland/bundesliga/news/transfer--aus-fuer-martin-hinteregger-bei-eintracht-frankfurt-/

https://www.fr.de/eintracht-frankfurt/die-millionen-spieler-von-eintracht-frankfurt-90021418.html

He’s also 27, which doesn’t really fit our current plan, amigo.

Edited by SuperSAINT

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

True but their forum love him and think 22mil isnt enough it should be 40mil. https://community.eintracht.de/forum/diskussionen/135594

We have spent enough on rubbish footballers younger, i can handle an a grade top player in the bundesliga who scored 8 goals last year for 22mil if it is even on the table (pure speculation).

In the unlikely event we get another CB and a midfielder then this could be a fantastic window, but as always i'm too optimistic so expect no one.

Edited by Convict Colony
link

49 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Well I did notice that Hinteregger played some games as defensive midfielder in his youth team and early RB Salzburg career but that seems a long time ago and I'm not sure he's mobile enough for 4-2-2-2 formation.  Several reasons why it won't happen - wrong age and too expensive being the obvious ones but at face value certainly looks a good player.  Anyone who can chip in with goals from set pieces is going to love JWP corners.

Hinti should NOT play as a defensive midfielder, trust me...  and yes, he is definitely expensive since he was a top 3 performer in Eintrachts squad and probably the most consistent player during 2019/20

anyways, good players are usually expensive, thats just the way it is

Edited by Østerrike

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

We signed Fonte at 26 or 27 IIRC. At that age for a CB with good reading of the game you can still get up to 5 years out of them. Even just 4 years...£5million a season for a top centreback doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Jack Butland available for £8-£10m, if we could get shot of 2 of our current 3 glovesmen then he'd be a very good first choice option at a good price. Still only 27 as well.

He has been appalling for the last 2+ years. Stoke struggling in the Championship even dropped him because of numerous gaffes. He is declining like Joe Hart did.

21 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

True but their forum love him and think 22mil isnt enough it should be 40mil. https://community.eintracht.de/forum/diskussionen/135594

Some good Google translations in there, and some reasonable comments although a couple suggest 40-50m which is as deluded as some on here with valuations of players (often thiose we can't even give away).

A few of the comments:

Doesn't sound concrete, but at least it is conceivable that the rabbit might be interested in Hinti.

What is he supposed to do in Southampton besides making more money? The good years of Southampton are over since they cashed in their golden talent year and there the chance of qualifying for Europe is even lower than with us.

Fair point...

I hope Hinti will not be influenced by the big money from Southampton and will stay here!

Not sure Saints and "big money" go together..

....  if he switched to a gray mouse club in the PL for a few more euros? Above all, I can't and don't want to imagine that there is really anything to it.

Wtf ??

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He has been appalling for the last 2+ years. Stoke struggling in the Championship even dropped him because of numerous gaffes. He is declining like Joe Hart did.

Incorrect. 2 years ago he was part of Englands world cup squad and Stoke wanted £30m for him. He was Stokes player of the season 2018-19 season. He didn't have good start to last season and got dropped but was getting back to form before the season stopped in March. 

OIP.jpg.8c73e3dd2c537056a897a6fca3823ef6.jpg

Edited by Turkish

McKennie's move from Schalke to Hertha BSC failed - overall package too expensive

If it was said less than a week ago that Hertha BSC had a good chance of signing Weston McKennie , the deal has now apparently broken. According to the " Bild ", Berlin and FC Schalke 04 had  gotten closer - but not enough. Now the negotiations came to a standstill.

Accordingly, Hertha was ready to transfer a little less than 20 million euros including bonuses for the 21-year-old midfielder to Gelsenkirchen. The financially badly shaken Schalke would have insisted on 25 million euros for their home-grown McKennie. Together with the American's salary expectations, the entire package was too expensive for Hertha, with a four to five year contract over 40 million euros, according to the newspaper.

In addition, for McKennie the "old lady" was not the ideal option. The national player, however, continues to dream of a transfer to the Premier League . The Southampton FC , Leicester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers were traded as prospects for McKennie in recent weeks in the TM rumor mill.

According to "Bild", it is above all the "Saints" of trainer Ralph Hasenhüttl who are in need after the sale of ex-Schalke Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg (25; Tottenham) and are therefore showing interest. Schalke would like to continue selling McKennie in order to be able to use the fresh money that is currently not available for other important positions.