Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

4 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Mate of mine is involved with Chelsea, sent me a message today saying they’ve put an offer in for Bednarek.

So he is in a role where he is important enough to be kept in the loop of transfer bids, yet he is not professional enough to not tell his mates. You've got to wonder how he got such a role if that is what he does with important information. 🤔

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Mate of mine is involved with Chelsea, sent me a message today saying they’ve put an offer in for Bednarek.

Their defence is poor, but that's more to do with their manager being clueless about how to set them up.

Individually, all Chelsea's CBs are better than Bednarek - and they've got Ampadu to return from on loan too.

Pretty dubious about that link.

Eminently believable that Bednarek or Vestergaard will move on this summer. Both of them (and Stephens) have two years left on contacts.

Given the prices of CBs recently Bednarek, with 65 premier League games played should be 30-40 million.

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

So he is in a role where he is important enough to be kept in the loop of transfer bids, yet he is not professional enough to not tell his mates. You've got to wonder how he got such a role if that is what he does with important information. 🤔

You'd be amazed how loose lipped some people are, however important their role is. One recently ish departed senior person at our club was, and I've since heard things that flow from within. 

5 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Eminently believable that Bednarek or Vestergaard will move on this summer. Both of them (and Stephens) have two years left on contacts.

Given the prices of CBs recently Bednarek, with 65 premier League games played should be 30-40 million.

Selling Bednarek and keeping Vestergaard would be football suicide. 

That's why that won't happen, if anyone else leaves from the back 4 it's Vestergaard.

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That's why that won't happen, if anyone else leaves from the back 4 it's Vestergaard.

That's got to be right. Vestergaard is a shocker and any sensible bid for him should see him go you'd think. 

12 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Unless salisu is expected to take his starting spot and bednarek has asked his agent to find him a move...

Or the Austrian chap (or another CB) is joining

18 minutes ago, Nolan said:

The whole point is we get players we sell them for more. At the moment, that's most likely Bednarek.

Defence is the weakest part of our team and all of our centre backs are mediocre at best, JB included. He won’t be going to Chelsea.

Bednarek must be on peanuts relative to others as is still on his initial contract when he was young and unproven.

I am very suprised he hasn't signed a new contract before now, so the possibility that he doesn't want to cannot be ruled out.

Hope he does but if he won't then this summer or next Jan would probably be his highest point in terms of value.

On 02/08/2020 at 18:12, Turkish said:

Just got a text from my contact, seems like things are happening. I can’t say much but I can share the following....

Salisu is done, work permit due this week. We’re also close to signing talented Spanish full back from Spain.

Hojbjerg move to spurs getting closer but spurs yet to meet our valuation,  once it’s done expect us to move for a VERY highly rated American playing in the bundesliga , he wouldn’t give me his name but I understand he’s a top player. Club still keen on KWP but may look elsewhere, he thinks Ralph is a fan of Cash at Forest.

other news hoedt may be off to a Belgian club, no further news on Vestergaard leaving but club think he will go and when he does we will replace. 

also expect two key players to sign new contracts soon. 

I’ll share any other snippets soon as I am allowed to tell 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/as-monaco-are-in-talks-to-sign-weston-mckennie-from-schalke/

Looks like McKennie will move sooner rather than later, so we will see if Blackmore's info that we aren't in for him is correct - it usually is.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-monaco-piste-weston-mckennie-milieu-de-schalke-04/1159438

If we do like him then its not a suprise Mitchell does as well - we have been in for lots of the same players since he left, most recently Disasi.

Edited by Dusic

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

Contracts can be structured so they improve each year and/or if criteria is met. So he probably isn't on his original wage atm.

Yes, they can also increase during the year - eg £30k pw but if 10 appearances it becomes £40k, and for 20+ it becomes £50k. He came in as a relative unknown and something incremental would have been sensible.

That said, I have no idea what contract Bednarek is on, and as he only has 2 years left if we want to keep him, he'll likely need a new one. 

9 hours ago, Dusic said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/as-monaco-are-in-talks-to-sign-weston-mckennie-from-schalke/

Looks like McKennie will move sooner rather than later, so we will see if Blackmore's info that we aren't in for him is correct - it usually is.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Transferts-monaco-piste-weston-mckennie-milieu-de-schalke-04/1159438

If we do like him then its not a suprise Mitchell does as well - we have been in for lots of the same players since he left, most recently Disasi.

I actually thought we were in for him, but Blackmore’s info but the brakes on that, which is a shame. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Saints possibly in negotiation tactics/games for Weston McKennie...

"#Schalke - #Southampton will (initially) withdraw from advertising for Weston #McKennie. The English are not ready to pay more than 15 million euros for #McKennie, and there is a gap in terms of “salary expectations” (Southampton offers less due to lack of PL experience)"

Seems like it. I know we all want to go out and spend loads of money but maybe the salary demands are insane. Enter West Ham I suppose.

Edited by TWar

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

"#Schalke - #Southampton will (initially) withdraw from advertising for Weston #McKennie. The English are not ready to pay more than 15 million euros for #McKennie, and there is a gap in terms of “salary expectations” (Southampton offers less due to lack of PL experience)"

Seems like it. I know we all want to go out and spend loads of money but maybe the salary demands are insane. Enter West Ham I suppose.

West Ham or Everton 

I'm pretty relaxed about the PEH replacement.  Club have known for ages that he would be off so they've had plenty of time and probably have more than one target they're working on.  Weston McKenzie did sound pretty good but won't be long before there's another link to someone unknown that sounds even better.  Normally AB is pretty spot on with these things so I don't think WM is gonna happen though.

55 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Apparently he’s on surprisingly high wages at Schalke... 

€50k a week my sources tell me. Shalke are in trouble financially and are introducing a salary cap, he is right on it, plus they need to sell to raise funds. I’d imagine he’ll be wanting a big pay rise to come to the premier league hence why there is a gap between that and what we’ll pay.

3 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Well if he wants money than he’ll be ok at Monaco.

we need to sell him the shop window approach, PEH being the example. Give us a couple of years and you’ll get the big big bucks on the move then

To be fair, Monaco can play the same game too. It's not a massively unique position, as there are plenty of clubs around the world which players can use as shop windows. Dortmund, Monaco, Ajax, RB Leipzig - far better options if one of those comes in for you, as you'll be in the shop window in major European competition.

If Monaco are in for him then there is nothing we can offer really.

6 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Well if he wants money than he’ll be ok at Monaco.

we need to sell him the shop window approach, PEH being the example. Give us a couple of years and you’ll get the big big bucks on the move then

Supposedly he wants to come to the premier league so you’d have thought Monaco wouldn’t be in with much of a chance. He also supposedly doesn’t want to go to a top club just yet as he wants to be sure to play. So lots of things appear to be in our favour, as he seems to want the shop window type approach we can offer him, I guess It’ll come down to if there are any other offers on the table better then ours.

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Supposedly he wants to come to the premier league so you’d have thought Monaco wouldn’t be in with much of a chance. He also supposedly doesn’t want to go to a top club just yet as he wants to be sure to play. So lots of things appear to be in our favour, as he seems to want the shop window type approach we can offer him, I guess It’ll come down to if there are any other offers on the table better then ours.

For sure, Premier League could be our only chance really, if he's really keen on that.

I just can't see it happening, not sure we have the money for it to be honest. We'd need to shift a few first and I'm not sure he's hanging around for that.

55 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

To be fair, Monaco can play the same game too. It's not a massively unique position, as there are plenty of clubs around the world which players can use as shop windows. Dortmund, Monaco, Ajax, RB Leipzig - far better options if one of those comes in for you, as you'll be in the shop window in major European competition.

Can something be “massively unique”? Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Monaco finished 9th in 2019/20

They are not in a major European competition in 2020/21

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Not sure why anyone would want to live in Monaco rather than Southampton. It's not like they have West Quay and easy access to the New Forest. 

Don't forget Bedford place and a slap up meal at Zorbas. Who could resist.

3 hours ago, The Cat said:

Not sure why anyone would want to live in Monaco rather than Southampton. It's not like they have West Quay and easy access to the New Forest. 

They don't actually live in Monaco. They live in France and pretend that they lo e in Monaco.  They go to all sorts of lengths to make it look as though they do, automatic light switches and suchlike 

From reading the reports from Germany and also Blackmore's snippet (and we know where that came from) I am inclined to believe we are/were interested but are also realistic that we aren't going to be spending €25m on anyone this summer and have a wage structure that we won't break for anyone apart from Big Fraser.

With other interest and the timing of Blackmore's info it must be highly unlikely that we sign him.

• Like 1