Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

Seems strange to buy a midfielder who has done ok from the German second tier for £10m and sell one who has done great in the English second tier for £8m, championship is a significantly higher quality league so why not just give Reed guarantee he is first choice and keep him. Unless the idea is to buy this guy as well as McKennie.

Maybe they are different types of players? Or maybe Ralph doesn’t feel like Reed is good enough it fits the system well?

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Seems strange to buy a midfielder who has done ok from the German second tier for £10m and sell one who has done great in the English second tier for £8m, championship is a significantly higher quality league so why not just give Reed guarantee he is first choice and keep him. Unless the idea is to buy this guy as well as McKennie.

Significantly different profile of player though. Reed is a smaller player, slower and not as strong.

Mangala is a 6ft powerhouse really.

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

Reed is older than Hojberg and still not done it outside the Championship.

Pretty clear Ralph doesn't think he's good enough.

I think people need to let it go.

1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Which is what we need in Midfield 

Interesting and commendable that we have identified lack of muscle in our spine in this pursuit of Mangala and Salisu. We missed some bit and protection of the back line when Wanyama went and for all of Hoj's downsides he did break up play well on occasion.

44 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Significantly different profile of player though. Reed is a smaller player, slower and not as strong.

Reed and JWP in the centre of our midfield would get bullied week in week out. 

49 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Genuine question - is Mangala that kind of player?  Precious little info on him that I can find except that he has dainty little ballerina feet and can dance through tight spaces.  Not a bad attribute to have but doesn't normally come with the "powerhouse" package.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Reed's value will be impacted by only have 1 year left of his contract.

20 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Genuine question - is Mangala that kind of player?  Precious little info on him that I can find except that he has dainty little ballerina feet and can dance through tight spaces.  Not a bad attribute to have but doesn't normally come with the "powerhouse" package.

Awesome have been waiting for a highlights package.

Very old highlights video of him through the age groups but you can get a sense of what he is about.

5 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Maybe RH thinks he's found another Keita, who was part twinkle-toes, part destroyer for Leipzig.

7 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So we have been told that deals relating to Salisu and Hojbjerg are done and the KWP is just about done. Yet, there is nothing on the Saints website. Why is that?

Because "just about done" does not equal "done".

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/southampton-make-move-to-beat-leeds-united-to-attacker-signing/

Link to Harry Wilson.

Assuming we try to offload Boufal, I think we will peobably try to sign one "no10" so interesting to see if there is anything in this.

Why do people post this clap trap? The football insider is on a level with the transfer tavern, utter nonsense.

you have three reliable ITKs on here who will share with you all the real latest news as and when it breaks so no need to rely on these I’ll informed chancers, as you will have noticed we do not comment on wild speculation or rumour. Keep checking on here for all the latest news.

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dusic said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/southampton-make-move-to-beat-leeds-united-to-attacker-signing/

Link to Harry Wilson.

Assuming we try to offload Boufal, I think we will peobably try to sign one "no10" so interesting to see if there is anything in this.

Silence from Boufal's camp this summer.  They normally aren't shy about talking to the media about his intentions.

On 15/02/2020 at 17:01, Crab Lungs said:

Forster and Gunn let in a goal every 1.2 shots, so we should be at least be grateful to have a keeper with at least the basic skills to keep goal, even if his kicking is a bit iffy.

If McCarthy had a decent defence in front of him he’d be regarded and lauded on here.

True that

7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I can’t imagine why either camp would want to engage in that.

Boufal probably earns more at Saints then he'd be offered from most club's who'd want him in Europe. So a new deal at Saints would be great for him financially. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 minutes ago, LeG said:

Wonder if no Weston (sad times) means the Mangala link is true. Doubt we would let AB know about our targets, esp if loads of clubs are in for him and all in negotiations.

Mangala link needs to come from a better source, IMO.

Seems to have gone quiet on the Ntcham front.

1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

Boufal would be great in Ligue 1 or MLS or Eredivisie or Scotland

Not cut out for the Premier League. Get rid, get what we can for him, move on.

I like Boufal but I wonder if he & reps might think it’s best to sit tight & explore free agency.

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I see he's now getting his information from looking at my posts on this forum. 

😊

Do you honestly believe that people believe you're itk? Your BS can be smelt through cyberspace.