Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

I don't understand why he seems like a bullshitter, he has got basically everything regarding spurs right. He hasn't said that the signing was done 3 weeks ago? He has stated that the price was agreed upon for Pierre at 18 million a week gone Friday. The only thing that was holding up the deal st the time was KWP.

2 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

So Hojbjerg isn't getting a pay rise? Don't think so. 

As said, club isn't happy with the way Hojbjerg is holding them hostage, but then we have a large sell on percentage (on profit) so in actual fact not losing that much compared to other potential bids. 

Also looks like Cash is the Championship defender I said we were interested in last week - not sure whether we'll pony up the money for him. 

So Pierre signed for us 4 years ago at the age of 20 on 60K a week? That's bullshit. Of course he would be getting a pay rise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I don't understand why he seems like a bullshitter, he has got basically everything regarding spurs right. He hasn't said that the signing was done 3 weeks ago? He has stated that the price was agreed upon for Pierre at 18 million a week gone Friday. The only thing that was holding up the deal st the time was KWP.

I haven’t gone through the old posts, but 2k followers & none of the sportswriters I follow follow the account which is pretty telling.

Edited by SuperSAINT

17 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

So Pierre signed for us 4 years ago at the age of 20 on 60K a week? That's bullshit. Of course he would be getting a pay rise.

If he's only getting 60k a week from Spurs then he's a proper mug. Should have joined Everton for twice the money. Will win the same either way.

43 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

We'll see but hes also stated the City interest was definite 

Edited by beatlesaint

20 hours ago, TWar said:

Would people prefer we sign Cash or KWP? Personally ideally I'd see us sell Hojbjerg ASAP for max money and buy Cash, then use the money to sign McKennie. Stop messing about with spurs.

Agree.

Remember the Gospel according to Rupert "we don't deal with North London Yobbos".

16 hours ago, danjosaint said:

Might be me but id rather Cash over kwp

My initial preference was Zeefuik, but if he's not interested then I don't see KWP as the solution to our problems. He has played reasonably well and is an improvement on Valery this season no doubt but I'm amazed so many see him as such a prospect, he had c 20 games for spurs and about 8 games for us during an end of season run in.

For me, he doesn't seems particularly powerful and another shortarse. We know the problems a shortarsed Cedric caused us. 

The last 3 Dutchmen we have purchased (Hoedt, Martina, Clasie) were nowhere near Prem class, and this Zeefuik guy has not done anything to tell me that he is a work in progress at the best.

KWP is the one we should aim for - Already approved by Ralph and fits our system

33 minutes ago, Foxstone said:

The last 3 Dutchmen we have purchased (Hoedt, Martina, Clasie) were nowhere near Prem class, and this Zeefuik guy has not done anything to tell me that he is a work in progress at the best.

KWP is the one we should aim for - Already approved by Ralph and fits our system

You don't think it might be our recruitment that was at fault, rather than all of Dutch football?

3 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

He's on at least £50k...I wouldn't move to Spurs when a more established player for a 20% or less payrise.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

52 minutes ago, Foxstone said:

Would be nice to get the Dutch posters views on him if they ever drop by.

1 hour ago, Foxstone said:

This, as far as I can see. Approved and improved by Ralph. I have no idea what Matt Cash is like, but KWP is improving all the time. MoM a couple times. Why would we want to take another trialist, and one likely to cost over £12M?

1 hour ago, Foxstone said:

The last 3 Dutchmen we purchased were actually Hoedt, Martina and van Dijk. I think VvD was definitely Prem class, even if he was a cock.

1 hour ago, Viking Saint said:

Sky reporting that we've accepted £15m for Højbjerg and paying £12m for KWP, with add-ons to be negotiated. 

I can't help feeling we're being absolutely fucked over yet again

Adam Blackmore disputing this. Claims no price for Hojbjerg has been agreed and that 15 million is well below our valuation

3 hours ago, adriansfc said:

1 year on contract. Decent RB. Alright CM.

Great deal.

That's my feeling too.  I think it was Verlaine who thought 20 million for PEH and 15 million for KWP might be the wash up....a 5 million net gain for a player in the last year of his contract and a FB who looks every bit a 15 million pond player - especially when compared to the money received for Matt Targett.    So if it was 15m for PEH and 12m for KWP (add ons and back ended payments aside) would it be such a bad deal for Saints?    I think not.

I don't understand that some Saints fans are prepared for the club to accept poorer terms in our transfer business than the club are seeking. Do they not realise that we have other transfer targets as well and that some of those may well be dependant upon getting the transfer money from selling Hojbjerg at somewhere near our valuation of him?

Let's not compromise with Spurs and let's be clear with Hojbjerg:

"We have talked and talked but Spurs don't value you highly enough to buy you, so what would you like to do? You can move to Everton or one of the other clubs who value you highly enough to meet our valuation of you or you can stay at Saints and sign a new contract? The choice is yours."

OK - I get it that Hojbjerg could dig in his heels and insist we keep talking the hind legs of a donkey in the hope that Levy might have a personality change, but at some stage even Spuds are going to have to change tack - they either pay what we want or they buy someone else. Let's force them to make the difficult decision. Mourinho is not going to be best pleased if he doesn't get what he wants!

Edited by SaintJackoInHurworth
typo and change of text style for imaginary conversation

9 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

Adam Blackmore disputing this. Claims no price for Hojbjerg has been agreed and that 15 million is well below our valuation

54 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Sky reporting nonsense again. They need to check their sources. 

#ITK 

2 hours ago, rooney said:

Cannot believe we would accept such a deal. Only £3m difference between an experience International Premier League player and a hitherto bit part player seems nonsense.

Hojbjerg is in the last year of his contract and kwp is English which will have significant impacts.