Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

28 minutes ago, trousers said:

So, in conclusion, Mckinnie was in America talking to our new owners about his transfer to Saints....? ;)

.....and he's just nipped back to Germany to collect his spare underpants. Signing tomorrow?

4 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

So KWP and TA for PEH???

If they really ARE going no higher than £15M cash for PEH alone, and want £10M for KWP, then £5M for TA - I would accept that valuation. That's Spurs' valuation, however.

I would value PEH at £25M, KWP at £5M and Toby at £10M, so I'd like another £10M in readies. However ...

Let's get whatever deal done, get clarity and move on.

15 minutes ago, CityRanger said:

Phil Jones?

1 minute ago, the saint in winchester said:

In all seriousness, what about his previous partner in crime, Chris Smalling.

CB who can play RB, tick. LeG excited. Tick. Out on loan from Man Utd, leesee can't afford to buy him. 

Ooh, I can do this ITK stuff too.

19 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

According to SSN we have been "alerted to the availability" of right back Ryan Fredericks from West Ham.

Weren't we linked with him on a free before he went to West Ham? I believe West Ham's top target is Matty Cash from Forest, who we were linked with earlier in the year. (And who would be a decent right back signing.) I'd be surprised if we went for anyone other than KWP though, unless Ralph feels Valery isn't the answer at RB and we end up going for 2 new ones! I see we're still being linked with Zeefuik too but he really doesn't want to come here!

16 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Crikey, that last bit:  And, like many clubs, Bournemouth also have outstanding transfer fees to pay for a number of players, with the club believed to still owe £81m to other clubs with only £5m owed to them on deals.

They really have been run very very badly. They could easily add to the list of Hull, Barnsley, Bradford, Swindon and Wimbledon 

I don't get some of the CB names being mentioned here. Sure, there are some really good players but do they fit Ralph's style? Because we press high and push our 'full backs' forward so often, we're better off with 20% less talent and 20% more speed and mobility in our CBs. Vestergaard is sooooo unsuited to how we play because it exposes his lack of pace. Stephens and Bednarek certainly have their limitations, and need to learn when it's time to stop the me-to-you/you-to-me stuff, but they both have decent mobility.

Yes, we need another one or even two but I don't think they'll be in the 28+ age group.

14 hours ago, CanadaSaint said:

I don't get some of the CB names being mentioned here. Sure, there are some really good players but do they fit Ralph's style? Because we press high and push our 'full backs' forward so often, we're better off with 20% less talent and 20% more speed and mobility in our CBs. Vestergaard is sooooo unsuited to how we play because it exposes his lack of pace. Stephens and Bednarek certainly have their limitations, and need to learn when it's time to stop the me-to-you/you-to-me stuff, but they both have decent mobility.

Yes, we need another one or even two but I don't think they'll be in the 28+ age group.

Isn't that what Salisu is supposed to be, a quick, big and mobile centre back who is maybe a little raw. 

3 minutes ago, le_tiss said:
Southampton have agreed terms with Las Palmas on the fee of left-back Jeremi Rodriguez (£400,000).
The 17-year-old flew to Southampton yesterday, so his arrival at the club should soon be announced officially.

Was mentioned by Alan Nixon on Twitter at the weekend, he's normally pretty spot on when it comes to Saints.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/29/report-southampton-agree-5-5-deal-to-sign-target-but-agent-could-scupper-deal/

Zeefuik is obviously the player Saints briefed the Echo about when they ran the article about us expecting to sign a RB in June from a league that had stopped playing. Obviously it hasnt turned out like that.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18492337.soutampton-want-bolster-ralph-hasenhuttls-defensive-options-month/

Assuming we sign KWP it will be for up to about £10m more than Zeefuik would have cost so I wonder if that will change the plans we had in other positions possibly, as I doubt we just suddenly find that cash lying around?

Edited by Dusic

18 minutes ago, Dusic said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/07/29/report-southampton-agree-5-5-deal-to-sign-target-but-agent-could-scupper-deal/

Zeefuik is obviously the player Saints briefed the Echo about when they ran the article about us expecting to sign a RB in June from a league that had stopped playing. Obviously it hasnt turned out like that.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18492337.soutampton-want-bolster-ralph-hasenhuttls-defensive-options-month/

Assuming we sign KWP it will be for up to about £10m more than Zeefuik would have cost so I wonder if that will change the plans we had in other positions possibly, as I doubt we just suddenly find that cash lying around?

Going slightly MLG on you here, but, we were in 14th place when that Echo article was published so by finishing 11th we've effectively got an additional c.£6m to play with, which goes a fair way to offset the difference between the valuations of Zeefuik and KWP. That said, the club could have been basing their summer spending budget on finishing higher than 14th anyway, so who knows...

Edited by trousers

On 28/07/2020 at 10:10, LeG said:

The CB I heard about is more experienced, can play RB as well and would certainly not be coming in as 4th choice. I'm quite excited by this one - hope we can get it done.

Martin caceres .......again lol

On 28/07/2020 at 10:10, LeG said:

The CB I heard about is more experienced, can play RB as well and would certainly not be coming in as 4th choice. I'm quite excited by this one - hope we can get it done.

Hope it wasn’t this man...

A7CFE8CE-C1F5-4A3B-884D-0DC85484AE96.jpeg

1 minute ago, saint1977 said:

Brighton got him for a release fee of £1m apparently. Last Netherlands cap in Nov 2019. Not sure why he was available for that price.

Release clause in his contract apparently. Must be a reason why more clubs weren’t all over that.

FOUR PL SIDES CHASING BROOKS

Newcastle are one of four Premier League clubs keen on signing Bournemouth winger David Brooks.

Crystal Palace, Leicester and West Ham are also interested in the Welsh international, who looks likely to leave Eddie Howe’s team following their relegation to the Championship.

2 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

FOUR PL SIDES CHASING BROOKS

Newcastle are one of four Premier League clubs keen on signing Bournemouth winger David Brooks.

Crystal Palace, Leicester and West Ham are also interested in the Welsh international, who looks likely to leave Eddie Howe’s team following their relegation to the Championship.

Newcastle and West Ham also linked to Callum Wilson. Get the feeling these two will be linked to just about everyone. Not unusual for West Ham of course.