Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

14 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Take out a loan large enough to purchase the club, purchase the club with loan, transfer ownership of loan from yourself to the club.  Club now pays for your purchase.  Simples.

Is that approach ultimately risk free for the purchaser? If yes, then is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't buy a football club myself via this method?

13 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Take out a loan large enough to purchase the club, purchase the club with loan, transfer ownership of loan from yourself to the club.  Club now pays for your purchase.  Simples.

Thanks but what's confusing me is that recently we have been loaned funds by an American company but I understood it to be just a loan and nothing to do with a purchase. 

6 minutes ago, trousers said:

Is that approach ultimately risk free for the purchaser? If yes, then is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't buy a football club myself via this method?

It's like when you see those stories on the news about Debenhams PLC or whoever has been bought for £1. I always think "well, I've got a pound, too. Why can't I have it?".

Edited by CB Fry

18 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's like when you see those stories on the news about Debenhams PLC or whoever has been bought for £1. I always think "well, I've got a pound, too. Why can't I have it?".

When they buy a company for a pound, they also take on all that company's debts.

With the news that China banned PL football in their country being broadcasted there was talk of clubs with Chinese owners being affected. Assume this got covered elsewhere on here though. Imagine it's just a contract renewal. Nothing big or major with ownership breaks that quickly.

7 minutes ago, iansums said:

Nothing unexpected there, why the great excitement?

He’s trying to appear ITK by posting a load of stuff we all know already. It’s no different to Jack Schidt, AR10, James McCann, Ekon  Okereke and a bunch of others who’ve done the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, iansums said:

I agree with you too.

Think about it, we are in semi lock down no stewards, fans or even agents can get close to what’s really going on at our club.

You might get some leaks from one agent on a certain player but to know everything that’s going on would be a wild guess or you are putting all the pieces together from Twitter etc.

7 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I agree with you too.

Think about it, we are in semi lock down no stewards, fans or even agents can get close to what’s really going on at our club.

You might get some leaks from one agent on a certain player but to know everything that’s going on would be a wild guess or you are putting all the pieces together from Twitter etc.

Saints marketing team still have some idea of what is going on. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iansums said:

No one really knows for sure that KWP will definitely be our player or if Bertrand would sign a new contact.

I'm excited because if that all happens it totally sorts out our defence and gives us a good base for pushing up the table next season. 

Edited by The Cat

4 minutes ago, The Cat said:

No one really knows for sure that KWP will definitely be our player or if Bertrand would sign a new contact.

I'm excited because if that all happens it totally sorts out our defence and gives us a good base for pushing up the table next season. 

Little clue or tease here maybe?

19 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Saints marketing team still have some idea of what is going on. 

Totally agree they would know and that’s why I mentioned getting it off Twitter.

I think it’s pretty obvious those two are tied up with the club.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LeG said:

What league do you think the 2nd CB plays in? 

Age? 

Nationality?

One of those will do. Id be interested to know if you are actually ITK as this particular signing cant really be guessed and isnt in the media. DM me if you want. 

Out of interest, is the undisclosed CB a rough diamond, Danso type or is Salisu that and he (undisclosed) will be a vestergaard, first team, type?

on a side note, saw today that the sun are linking Tottenham are in for Callum Wilson, for £10m. At that price, if true (apparently they’re keen to get his wages off the books should they go down), we should be all over it. 

I really hope if there's a second centre back incoming it's a loan/free/small fee. I was really hoping ther'd be someone like Jones who'd be able to step up and take that spot without us having to go out and spend our meagre resources on a 4th choice centre who'll most likely be league cup fodder in the short term at least.

4 minutes ago, SKD said:

Out of interest, is the undisclosed CB a rough diamond, Danso type or is Salisu that and he (undisclosed) will be a vestergaard, first team, type?

on a side note, saw today that the sun are linking Tottenham are in for Callum Wilson, for £10m. At that price, if true (apparently they’re keen to get his wages off the books should they go down), we should be all over it. 

If they go down it will be open season for clubs looking for a bargain. Wilson, King, Ake, Brooks, Cook, Lerma, Billings will all be in demand or looking to leave plus Harry Wilson will be leaving Liverpool-On-Sea (Boscombe) to head back to the mother city.

11 minutes ago, SKD said:

£110k pw. He’s been very poor this season. No thanks.

5 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Hojbjerg 💵

3 hours ago, LeG said:

What league do you think the 2nd CB plays in? 

Age? 

Nationality?

One of those will do. Id be interested to know if you are actually ITK as this particular signing cant really be guessed and isnt in the media. DM me if you want. 

Checkmate @LeG?

P.s. I'm surprised @Matthew Le God hasn't pulled up @Earthworm Jim yet for posting a set of predictions that is merely a summary of strong rumours and other ITK snippets that have already posted... ;)

Edited by trousers

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

P.s. I'm surprised @Matthew Le God hasn't pulled up @Earthworm Jim yet for posting a set of predictions that is merely a summary of strong rumours and other ITK snippets that have already posted... ;)

I was giving you the opportunity to pull him up on that! 

speak dean gaffney GIF by Virgin Trains

@LeG got there first though!

Edited by Matthew Le God

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

20 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

If you look back you will see that I pulled him before both of you, no apologies needed

22 minutes ago, MarkSFC said:

Didn't someone say that there was going to be an announcement pre todays match? Not much time left...

Well Lawrie McMenemy has been announced as a Saints Foundation Ambassador so I suppose there’s some pre-match news !

5 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Totally agree they would know and that’s why I mentioned getting it off Twitter.

I think it’s pretty obvious those two are tied up with the club.

No my point was if your source is in the marketing department then you'd still have a pretty good idea of what is going on. 

Why is everyone mentioning a pre-match signing? When is that ever done really? I can only remember it once, Rudi Skacel - cringy pre-match physically signing on the pitch as well.

I imagine the Salisu one will be announced early next week tbh.

4 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Yeah.  I like signings like this though. 

Remember one of those fan forum things where they talked about always wanting to siphon a few hundred thousand to the youth recruitment whenever possible and used Targett as an example, surplus to requirements and not good enough for us but brought in a big chunk of money for very little outlay. 

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Why is everyone mentioning a pre-match signing? When is that ever done really? I can only remember it once, Rudi Skacel - cringy pre-match physically signing on the pitch as well.

I imagine the Salisu one will be announced early next week tbh.

No point in it today, not as if he can play up to the crowd.