Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Lallana would never be for enough to play Ralph’s way.

A massive No no from me.

Agreed, when he was playing under Pochetino 6 years ago when in his physical prime he was knackered and often subbed after 70 minutes or so. Hes 32 now had a few injuries and well past his best, i dont see him as being who would fit into our current team, along with the fact his a snivelling little runt who should never come back anyway. Plus he's been bizzarely suggested as a replacement for Hojbjerg, when they are totally different players. Seems like it's more media speculation than anything of any substance. 

Edited by Turkish

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Surely the only (slim) chance of Lallana coming back is if its on a pay-as-you-play basis?

As other have posted, don’t see it myself. Still a good player but not suited to the press way of playing. Will go to Leicester IMO. We need to be signing 22-23 year olds with serious pace ala Mane when we bought him from Salzburg under Ronald. 

10 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

I agree with you there Saint_clark, I would like Sims to get another opportunity under Ralph :)

Plus if we get him and Reed back we could line up with 

Mccarthy 

KWP Salisu Stephens Bertrand 

Sims/armstrong Jwp Reed redmond 

Ings Adams 

Which incredibly would be 10 English or British players and that's not a half bad team. 

Do players who go back to their old clubs ever really work out? 

I feel the link is just a bit too easy, available on a free, we're his old club, losing a midfielder, looks very much 2+2 = 5.

Objectively he is a 32 year old with a poor injury record, who would probably demand high wages (part because he is on a free and part because he was on high wages at pool) and there are serious doubts about him being able to play in a high intensity, high pressing system given his poor fitness, especially as part of a midfield two. 

It just doesn't look like a fit at any angle. 

18 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

That feels like a lazy let's link his old club(despite the fact he's deeply unpopular there). If he doesn't get a move to Leicester it's surely a bit of a come down to be slumming it at Burnley/Brighton.

Back to Bournemouth (his "Spiritual Home?) to spearhead their campaign to return to the Prem?

2 minutes ago, daldridge7 said:

Hopefully this isn't the Belgian club that were meant to be buying Hoedt. Club Brugge not interested.

https://www.voetbal24.be/news/62805/club-brugge-hakt-knoop-door-over-transfer-van-wesley-hoedt

I’d be very surprised (but very happy) if anyone put down £6m for him.  Wouldn’t have thought they would get near his wages. 

17 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Unlikely - firstly because it does not fit with our types of signing but mainly why would he come here after the dog's abuse he received after going to Liverpool.?

48 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Good enough for what? We've had no options from the bench at all. Boufal will go, Djenepo is always injured. We could use someone who can run at defences in reserve. Beats signing a reserve. 

People going on about Eze, who'd be a great signing, but Championship players are so expensive now. I doubt we could afford him.

The other way of looking at it is that Championship clubs with no gate or hospitality income for three months of this season, and a month of next season, might just start being a bit more keen to sell players to survive.

On 16/07/2020 at 23:11, LeG said:

We need:

A Striker who can be a class act and partner Ings

A box to box CM who can beat a man and pass forwards to replace the woeful clap slapper

KWP

CB x 2

GK with decent distribution.

Lets hope the scouts earn their corn this window.

I’d be surprised if Boufal was still here next season too so ideally another AM too unless someone like Tella is ready. We have Armstrong, Redmond and Djenepo but I still feel that would leave us light by one in the squad in a 4222 system. I look forward to seeing more from Djenepo and Redmond and Armstrong are first choice currently but I think we lack match winners that can turn a game. However I understand it isn’t a priority position to strengthen. Bar a sale, I think our current crop of strikers will remain our choices next season.

But Lallana? Good grief no. I’d rather we signed Ryan Fraser on a free, even with his inflated wage demands. 

8 hours ago, trousers said:

Surely the only (slim) chance of Lallana coming back is if its on a pay-as-you-play basis?

I would just about accept him back on a pay-as-you-play basis but only if he was willing to pay a reasonable amount ! 😇

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Bale? :)

I've heard he was found googling Stoneham golf course during a recent match whilst on the subs bench, which is partly why Zidane left him unused.

Make of that what you will... 😉

1 hour ago, LeG said:

Wow...its not just Salisu!!

@LeG... Does the "wow" simply relate to the fact that it's two players we're on the cusp of signing or is the "wow" a reflection of how good the as yet unnamed other signing is? #giveusaclue

Edited by trousers

6 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Definitely more 'dominant' than what we currently have in CM

Not really, as Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse are among the top PL ball winning central midfielders stats wise. Romeu also isn't one to hide from a tackle.

Edited by Matthew Le God

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really, as Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse are among the top PL ball winning central midfielders stats wise. Romeu also isn't one to hide from a tackle.

If we had the chance to sign Loftus Cheek i would take him no doubt. Hes very strong in possession, good in the air and decent going forward.  Interception or ball winning numbers doesnt equate to being dominant, it could just mean that you're spending more time behind the ball - hence why Bournemouth have 3 players in the top 16. Same as Brighton. 

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I don't understand why you keep on about Hojbjerg not being a good tackler and ball winner.  The stats you refer to are pretty clear that he is.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

When I think of 'dominant' midfielders Loftus Cheek doesn't spring to mind.

If i were to throw a name out there who would fit Saints check boxes, I wonder if we'd try to get in Ronaldo Vieira as a replacement for PEH.

Played in the England unders set-up so Crocker would know him. 22, Has potential to further increase in value. Has had regular game time for Sampdoria, and Leeds before that.  

Edited by Nolan

3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

If i were to throw a name out there who would fit Saints check boxes, I wonder if we'd try to get in Ronaldo Vieira as a replacement for PEH.

Played in the England unders set-up so Crocker would know him. 22, Has potential to further increase in value. Has had regular game time for Sampdoria, and Leeds before that.  

Koopmeiners for me.

https://footballbh.net/2020/03/21/teun-koopmeiners-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/

https://footballbh.net/2020/05/07/eredivisie-2019-20-teun-koopmeiners-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/