Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

On 13/08/2020 at 18:47, Saint_clark said:

We signed Fonte at 26 or 27 IIRC. At that age for a CB with good reading of the game you can still get up to 5 years out of them. Even just 4 years...£5million a season for a top centreback doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. 

my words

ok, seriously.. i know Hintis (Hinteregger) game pretty well and i am sure that he would  be the "perfect" CB for the Saints.. yes, he is expensive (atleast not cheap), but he is also in the form of his life and will probably play on the same level til atleast 2023/24...

6 minutes ago, Østerrike said:

ok, seriously.. i know Hintis (Hinteregger) game pretty well and i am sure that he would  be the "perfect" CB for the Saints.. yes, he is expensive (atleast not cheap), but he is also in the form of his life and will probably play on the same level til atleast 2023/24...

Hello Hinteregger's agent, we do not have much of a say in signing players on here.

• Confused 3

36 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Inevitable. They'll lose everyone half decent. 

The significance of this for me is that Henderson is possibly either getting the gloves for Man Utd and De Gea is off, or he's on the move somewhere. Chelsea would be a great club for him.

Edited by egg

Other influences is an interesting phrase to use.  Does he mean something outside of the usual agent / player / post relegation cost cutting influences that impact every relegated club's transfers?  Or am I seeing a conspiracy theory where one doesn't exist

Been reading up on Ntcham - don't think he's started any game for Celtic this season (not that there's been many games).  Celtic have quite a few midfielders and are looking to trim the squad so it probably wouldn't be a hard deal to make if that's what we're looking for.  Ntcham appears to be a much more forward thinking player than Hojbjerg so wouldn't be a like for like replacement.  To be honest bits I've seen haven't been that convincing - tends to jog a fair bit rather than break a sweat but maybe I've seen the wrong clips and games.

2 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Been reading up on Ntcham - don't think he's started any game for Celtic this season (not that there's been many games).  Celtic have quite a few midfielders and are looking to trim the squad so it probably wouldn't be a hard deal to make if that's what we're looking for.  Ntcham appears to be a much more forward thinking player than Hojbjerg so wouldn't be a like for like replacement.  To be honest bits I've seen haven't been that convincing - tends to jog a fair bit rather than break a sweat but maybe I've seen the wrong clips and games.

I read something similar with Celtic fans critiscising a casual performance in a European game. You could have replaced the name with Lemina as it was similar to his SF v Chelsea effort. 

Strange that this one seemed to go cold for a while, which might have been due to this hinging on the Forster situation. 

48 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

He came on for Elyounoussi on 70 mins in their first game of the season.

40 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

I know, I watched the game which is why I said he hadn’t started a game yet. If you want to play pedant at least have a read of before replying. Ta

You miss the point. Why do we want someone who is behind the pecking order of Elyounoussi?

Ntcham only managed to average 63 minutes per game over 23 (starting 17) games last season and Celtic played a 3-5-2. And that's when Elyounoussi missed half the season for to injury.

Edit: just noticed the 90 minutes article placed him at 20 million... That's not going to happen.

What's more likely is that the agency that has both Ntcham and Reed on their books are assisting for a double pay day.

Edited by Nolan

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

A story in a newspaper won't get someone more games. Why would Hasenhuttl let it influence his selection 

Did I say it actually would? Go back to learning how to count to 2 and stop the bore fest please.

16 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Mirror say we are interested in Chris Woods 13m Newcastle too.

He is 27 not our sort of signing but would fit well with Ings - probably agent talk as we are stocked with forwards unless Obafemi off

Do you mean Chris Woods from Burnley? 

Agree, not our sort of signing in playing style.

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

A story in a newspaper won't get someone more games. Why would Hasenhuttl let it influence his selection choices?

Still keeping up this weird defence of arguing that the press doesn’t influence a football club in anyway then 🤡

2 hours ago, LeG said:

I also believe we could be forced back into the market for another CB. Classic saints im afraid. 

Personally, I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. Stephens, vestergaard and Bednerak all pretty average. 

For anyone who missed it in the Obafemi thread, LeG (one of our only bonafide ITKs) said "I also believe we could be forced back into the market for another CB. Classic saints im afraid. "

Which I would take to mean Bednarek most likely is going, I think he was linked to Chelsea a few weeks ago..?