Saints announce big financial losses...

saint lard

Im not sure what relevance Matt Targett has to any of this? Or why he dictates that we need to spend 20m+ to improve of Valery.

Robertson cost Liverpool £8m and is now one of the best full backs in the world.

You wouldn't need to spend £20m+ to improve on Valery

or improve on Vokins

So a club with a massive wage bill making significant financial losses, not spending £20m+ on a fullback we don’t need (I.e. there is no promotion or relegation hanging on our results) is a shambles?

I thought I was clear. It’s not an issue of not spending money. It’s the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Ralph was working on bringing players in and talking this up whereas, in reality, this was never going to happen with the financial position of the club. Comprende?

I thought I was clear. It’s not an issue of not spending money. It’s the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Ralph was working on bringing players in and talking this up whereas, in reality, this was never going to happen with the financial position of the club. Comprende?

Do you really believe that RH and the board don't talk about these things? Of course they do. RH will know the state of our finances, and whether there is a need to sell to fund an incoming player.

None of us know what happened in the window. It's possible that a permanent sale may have been close with those monies / saved wages used to fund the signing RH wanted. I was given good info that the club wanted to sell Adams to Leeds and bring in a loan from Arsenal, I suspect Nketiah. That didn't happen and may be why the incoming player didn't happen. Who knows.

Regardless of what happened, Ralph will have known what was happening.

Davis, Gabbiadibi, Cedric, Yoshida, Clasie, Austin, targett plus others I have probably missed, are gone

Throw in loan players where costs will be covered to a degree...

In that time we have signed 2 permanent signings, and told it was only because no fullbacks were available in jan was the reason why we never brought anyone in.

The sales will clearly continue in the summer, let alone bringing in the players we already need.

Proportionate to turnover we are actually spending more on wages. 77 percent! Clearly not sustainable.

Or alternatively;

Ralph wanted to bring players in but because of financial constraints it was only ever going to be if the right player was available at the right price. Despite Glasgow’s fantasies, clearly there weren’t a dozen Andy Robertsons available for £8m and that’s very much the exception, rather than the norm with today’s prices.

Or alternatively;

Ralph wanted to bring players in but because of financial constraints it was only ever going to be if the right player was available at the right price. Despite Glasgow’s fantasies, clearly there weren’t a dozen Andy Robertsons available for £8m and that’s very much the exception, rather than the norm with today’s prices.

Pretty obvious we missed out on a few targets, Ralph said before the window opened we wanted deals done early and had a few things lined up. Despite what the oddballs on here say after we’d missed out on our targets Ralph played the line that all was fine. Some of you might be naive enough to believe that despite working with vokins for 18 months he now suddenly thought we were fine at left back after his game against an awful championship side but any one with any common sense would know he’s just putting a positive spin on another dreadful transfer window, on ehwere we went into saying we needed to improve the squad and came out of it weaker.

Pretty obvious we missed out on a few targets, Ralph said before the window opened we wanted deals done early and had a few things lined up. Despite what the oddballs on here say after we’d missed out on our targets Ralph played the line that all was fine. Some of you might be naive enough to believe that despite working with vokins for 18 months he now suddenly thought we were fine at left back after his game against an awful championship side but any one with any common sense would know he’s just putting a positive spin on another dreadful transfer window, on ehwere we went into saying we needed to improve the squad and came out of it weaker.

Nobody is naive enough to believe Ralph is happy with this squad. Obviously we wanted to bring players in but clearly the right ones weren’t available within our obviously limited budget.

Is Vokins a Premier League player? Not yet but he’s hardly a downgrade on Danny Fox or Jeremy Pied.

Nobody is naive enough to believe Ralph is happy with this squad. Obviously we wanted to bring players in but clearly the right ones weren’t available within our obviously limited budget.

Is Vokins a Premier League player? Not yet but he’s hardly a downgrade on Danny Fox or Jeremy Pied.

Jeremy Pied is a right back, you t i t

That’s not what you and the other cheerleaders said back end of jan/early feb. Then you lot were quoting how Ralph had said we didn’t need anybody after the Huddersfield game and we were perfectly fine for the rest of the season. You lot were all happy with the squad and we’re quite volatile

At anyone who dared to suggest Ralph was just playing the game to appease the fans. It’s a good job you were alright and our defensive frailties haven’t been exposed since then....

If you compare Jake Vokins to 2 players on whether he is a downgrade, you expect them to be left backs.

In your example one is and one isn t.

It IS relevant.

It's exactly the same position on the other side of the pitch. It's not relevant. If you disagree then fine, there's not much else I can say really.

That’s not what you and the other cheerleaders said back end of jan/early feb. Then you lot were quoting how Ralph had said we didn’t need anybody after the Huddersfield game and we were perfectly fine for the rest of the season. You lot were all happy with the squad and we’re quite volatile

At anyone who dared to suggest Ralph was just playing the game to appease the fans. It’s a good job you were alright and our defensive frailties haven’t been exposed since then....

If you're just going to make stuff up, I can't really discuss it. Ralph wanted players and if we were still in the relegation fight we might have spent a bit more to try and stay up.

We are 'fine' as far as the board are concerned; we aren't going down this season. If they don't have to spend money unnecessarily they wont.

It's exactly the same position on the other side of the pitch. It's not relevant. If you disagree then fine, there's not much else I can say really.

If you're just going to make stuff up, I can't really discuss it. Ralph wanted players and if we were still in the relegation fight we might have spent a bit more to try and stay up.

We are 'fine' as far as the board are concerned; we aren't going down this season. If they don't have to spend money unnecessarily they wont.

I’m not making stuff up, when we didn’t sign anyone quite a few posters, yourself included, started to claim that everything was fine and that Ralph had changed mind, despite saying for weeks before we need to improve, in fact it was vitals of course more recently has said once again that we have serious problems in defence, but let’s pretend he didn’t say that either.. Of course I get that it might be embarrassing that a “troll” with “no clue” and a “constantly negative attitude” might actually have been right and you as a mod won’t want to lose face but unfortunately our defensive frailties are coming home to roost as some if us “trolls” said they might. I full await always SFC to post a laughing emoji at how wrong I am, oh wait, he can’t.....

I’m not making stuff up, when we didn’t sign anyone quite a few posters, yourself included, started to claim that everything was fine and that Ralph had changed mind, despite saying for weeks before we need to improve, in fact it was vitals of course more recently has said once again that we have serious problems in defence, but let’s pretend he didn’t say that either.. Of course I get that it might be embarrassing that a “troll” with “no clue” and a “constantly negative attitude” might actually have been right and you as a mod won’t want to lose face but unfortunately our defensive frailties are coming home to roost as some if us “trolls” said they might. I full await always SFC to post a laughing emoji at how wrong I am, oh wait, he can’t.....

Everything was fine and still is. Maybe not to you but to Gao it is and that’s all that matters. Do you think a businessman 6,000 miles away in Shanghai really gives toss if some people in a football message board are entertained by his investment?

Gao didn’t need to invest in January to protect his investment. Ralph I’m sure would have liked some better players but that’s life and he will get on with his job without them.

Are you? Bless.... and here is the :lol: so i dont disappoint your little world

Everything was fine and still is. Maybe not to you but to Gao it is and that’s all that matters. Do you think a businessman 6,000 miles away in Shanghai really gives toss if some people in a football message board are entertained by his investment?

Gao didn’t need to invest in January to protect his investment. Ralph I’m sure would have liked some better players but that’s life and he will get on with his job without them.

Our manager doesn’t seem to agree with you

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18294703.southampton-boss-ralph-hasenhuttl-admits-side-struggling/

I guess we have different views on what is success on here. some of us want a good team whilst others just want one that survives as long We have a happy chairman we can make richer with a business model something we can all applaud.

Our manager doesn’t seem to agree with you

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18294703.southampton-boss-ralph-hasenhuttl-admits-side-struggling/

I guess we have different views on what is success on here. some of us want a good team whilst others just want one that survives as long We have a happy chairman we can make richer with a business model something we can all applaud.

I never mentioned what I want, I’m telling you what happened. I want to see us fighting for Europe but that’s not going to happen with this bloke in charge. When we beat Palace in the middle of January, we had 31 points. We weren’t going to go down from there, so Gao had no need to spend.

Whilst this is obviously worrying and not the best news for summer recruits, I think the club/owner are some way down the track to addressing the situation (30 to 40% is my guess). These results are almost a year old, and since then we have sold Targett (17M +40K pw), Gallagher (5M +30K pw), Austin (4M + 70K pw), Davis (50K pw), Clasie (50K pw), Cedric (50K pw), Yoshi (50K pw), plus all the loans who we will be getting some fee and wages for - even if only 25 to 30%.

Let's say Targett, Gallagher and Austin pay for Adams and Jenny as a package as doubt the new boys are not on the same wages, that still leaves a decent reduction overall - probably a few squad/youth players I have missed. Key is we need to shift a few of the loans (and Vest etc.) and bring in two/three quality players and we have a reasonable chance of staying up next season.

Also if we were in real dire straits, it's puzzling why we did not sell Vest and Adams - neither have contributed much, and seems there were offers for them. All IMHO and figures are my best guess of course.

:mcinnes:
No investment, poor form for the vast majority of the last two seasons, probably have to sell more players, no decent rb, hojbjerg most likely leaving, Bertrand most likely leaving. I'd be pretty surprised if we weren't one of the favourites for the drop next year and it really wouldn't be a surprise.

Whilst this is obviously worrying and not the best news for summer recruits, I think the club/owner are some way down the track to addressing the situation (30 to 40% is my guess). These results are almost a year old, and since then we have sold Targett (17M +40K pw), Gallagher (5M +30K pw), Austin (4M + 70K pw), Davis (50K pw), Clasie (50K pw), Cedric (50K pw), Yoshi (50K pw), plus all the loans who we will be getting some fee and wages for - even if only 25 to 30%.

Let's say Targett, Gallagher and Austin pay for Adams and Jenny as a package as doubt the new boys are not on the same wages, that still leaves a decent reduction overall - probably a few squad/youth players I have missed. Key is we need to shift a few of the loans (and Vest etc.) and bring in two/three quality players and we have a reasonable chance of staying up next season.

Also if we were in real dire straits, it's puzzling why we did not sell Vest and Adams - neither have contributed much, and seems there were offers for them. All IMHO and figures are my best guess of course.

fair points

don’t know what’s with face palm

we have had a nice little mid season run of good results but you knew that we were significantly overachieving.

next season, if we don5 have that kind of run then we are down.

No, we COULD go down, not we will go down. And that's not taking into account other teams having bad runs/ key injuries etc etc.

I'm pretty sure the clubs in question wanted Loans rather than buys, Leicester certainly did for Vest, and I seem to recall Leeds wanted to loan Adams and then pay us, less than we paid for him, at the end of the season.

• 2 weeks later...
Paragraph 31 is interesting?

For those that can't be bothered to download it:

Related party transactions

Group Group 2019 2018 Ê000 Ê000

176 170 111 213

287 383

St Mary's Football Group Limited

Notes to the Financial Statements For the Year Ended 30 June 2019

30. Gommitments under operating leases

At 30 June 2019 the Group had future minimum lease payments under non-cancellable operating leases as follows:

The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lander Sports (UK) lnternational lnvestment Co., Limited and has taken advantage of the exemption conferred by Section 33.1Aof FRS 102 "Related Party Disclosures" not to disclose transactions with Lander Sporls (UK) lnternational lnvestment Co., Limited or other wholly owned subsidiaries within the Group.

Management charges of Ê366,000 (2018: 1322,000) were issued during the year by Southampton Football Sports Development Co. Limited to St Mary's Football Group Limited. The two parties are related by viÉue of common control. All transactions were conducted on an arm's length basis on normal trading terms. At 30 June 2019, €397,000 (2018: Ê31,000) was owed by St Mary's Football Group Limited.

Key management personnel include all directors and a number of senior managers across the Group who together have authority and responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the activities of the Group. The total compensation paid to key management personnelfor seruices provided to the Group was Ê3,345,000 (2018: Ê2,986,000).

For those that can't be bothered to download it:

Related party transactions

Group Group 2019 2018 Ê000 Ê000

176 170 111 213

287 383

St Mary's Football Group Limited

Notes to the Financial Statements For the Year Ended 30 June 2019

30. Gommitments under operating leases

At 30 June 2019 the Group had future minimum lease payments under non-cancellable operating leases as follows:

The Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lander Sports (UK) lnternational lnvestment Co., Limited and has taken advantage of the exemption conferred by Section 33.1Aof FRS 102 "Related Party Disclosures" not to disclose transactions with Lander Sporls (UK) lnternational lnvestment Co., Limited or other wholly owned subsidiaries within the Group.

Management charges of Ê366,000 (2018: 1322,000) were issued during the year by Southampton Football Sports Development Co. Limited to St Mary's Football Group Limited. The two parties are related by viÉue of common control. All transactions were conducted on an arm's length basis on normal trading terms. At 30 June 2019, €397,000 (2018: Ê31,000) was owed by St Mary's Football Group Limited.

Key management personnel include all directors and a number of senior managers across the Group who together have authority and responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the activities of the Group. The total compensation paid to key management personnelfor seruices provided to the Group was Ê3,345,000 (2018: Ê2,986,000).

That’s whole chunk of change for some directors and senior management staff!