The BBC Thread

Guided Missile

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Question of Sport axed.

anyone actually still watch this anyway?

There’s that much sports coverage, with plenty of banter and trivia that it’s basically lost any sense of purpose and identity. It’s pretty much just the clios everyone watched on Sportbible or Givemesport on Facebook, several weeks ago, interspersed with a selection of dull talking heads.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/12/2023 at 10:37, trousers said:

I do miss Fanny at Christmas :(

FB_IMG_1702722845283.jpg

On a similar theme, the chat on BBC breakfast this morning about vaginal prolapse isn't idea breakfast listening. There's a time and place for discussion about that and the associated issues. 

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Good to see justice being done. Going after the right people who are stealing our money

IMG_0151.jpeg

I heard this on the radio yesterday, and the appalling fact is that she doesn't have control of her money, the council that provides her assisted living runs her bank account and it is they that failed to pay the licence fee, but as it is in her name she was prosecuted.

On 16/12/2023 at 10:37, trousers said:

I do miss Fanny at Christmas :(

FB_IMG_1702722845283.jpg

I am old enough to remember the famous phrase - “They smell delicious. If you try that recipe at home I hope all of your doughnuts turn out like Fanny’s”.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Radio 1's first female presenter - Annie Nightingale - has died.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Sad news. I can’t believe that she was 83. As they say, another one bites the dust 😢

What???

That’s nine years older than me!

• 1 month later...