2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

1 minute ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

To season ticket holders, pretty simple I would have thought......

The are going on sale to season ticket holders? Other then the prioity groups we all have exactly the same chance.

200 tickets to sponsers/ players and 200 odd to executive members yet you havent critisied the club for that?

19 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I disagree entirely with this. Away attendance is irrelevant. Th club sold Season Tickets on a certain basis and that basis has changed. Their duty of consideration is to those who gave them money for this season.

So having a season ticket for over thirty years is worth less than some youngster who wasn't even born at that time?

I think people were sold holidays and other products at the time which are just as difficult to stage now, many are finding it very difficult to get refunds at all. I patiently await the return of my Butlins folk festval money which is apparently being paid "as soon as we can process it".

Anyone who could've predicted the last few months events, and the changing goalposts inflicted on us by virus and government, is welcome to join my bubble over xmas and have some fun with the £8 left in my sky bet account.

2 hours ago, IFHP said:

Out of intrest how would you have allocated the 2000 tickets avaiable ?

To season ticket holders in an unweighted ballot for those who wanted to be included. Once they have been selected then they are suppressed from subsequent ballots until they have reached the end of the list and then start again.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, IFHP said:

The are going on sale to season ticket holders? Other then the prioity groups we all have exactly the same chance.

200 tickets to sponsers/ players and 200 odd to executive members yet you havent critisied the club for that?

Not yet I haven’t.

according to the club most sponsors had declined tickets.

26 minutes ago, steve green said:

I think people were sold holidays and other products at the time which are just as difficult to stage now, many are finding it very difficult to get refunds at all. I patiently await the return of my Butlins folk festval money which is apparently being paid "as soon as we can process it".

Anyone who could've predicted the last few months events, and the changing goalposts inflicted on us by virus and government, is welcome to join my bubble over xmas and have some fun with the £8 left in my sky bet account.

Season tickets were sold well into June on different terms to what is on offer now.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

The change in terms? I don’t know but it’s clear breach of contract. Why do you think?

I think you’re making a bit of a fool of yourself. The club have acted perfectly reasonably, there are no easy options. When tickets were sold in June it was reasonable to expect some supporters back by now. 

33 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I think you’re making a bit of a fool of yourself. The club have acted perfectly reasonably, there are no easy options. When tickets were sold in June it was reasonable to expect some supporters back by now. 

Dont think he's making a fool of himself at all. First we get told - buy a season ticket or you wont be be going at all, then we get told refunds will be issued within 14 days of not being able to go which is subsequently changed to 14 working days(on top of that why wait to reimburse for some of the games when the club knew restrictions meant we wouldn't be able to go?), then we get to go into a ballot only to find it has been weighted(again, not advised at point of sale). Oh and I have had chase 2 refunds - all in all an absolute shambles. 

52 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

We weren’t told that supporters would be selectively chosen and that some would be considered uber fans.

As you say, more fool me for taking the club at its word.

18th June:

“The club will also ensure Season Ticket holders receive absolute priority for any ballot allocation should capacity need to be reduced at any stage”

Edited by Whitey Grandad

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We weren’t told that supporters would be selectively chosen and that some would be considered uber fans.

As you say, more fool me for taking the club at its word.

18th June:

“The club will also ensure Season Ticket holders receive absolute priority for any ballot allocation should capacity need to be reduced at any stage”

They do receive priority- just some more than others 😉

I always had the feeling that taking out a season ticket now was in essence giving the club an interest free loan. 

• Like 2

I agree with Whitey Grandad I do not agree that we now have a band of “Elite fans” because they are able to attend away games when lots of others would if they could afford it, not have commitments etc. In my view all season ticket holders should go in the ballot. If you start start divisions perhaps people who have had season tickets for over 30 years for instance should have better chances than some newcomers. I am a bit disappointed they have gone away from a level playing field. nta786 I always knew my season ticket money was an interest free loan and was happy to support the club. 

• Like 2

Heads you win, tails you lose.

2000 tickets, 15000 want them. Of course there are going to be few winners and many losers but why must losers always cry foul?

It was hard enough for the Club to try and please everyone knowing that they could not. The way they have decided ticket allocation seems reasonably fair to me.

Of course if you are a bad loser then nothing is fair unless you win.  Come on lads, grow some and move on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

2000 tickets, 15000 want them. Of course there are going to be few winners and many losers but why must losers always cry foul?

It was hard enough for the Club to try and please everyone knowing that they could not. The way they have decided ticket allocation seems reasonably fair to me.

Of course if you are a bad loser then nothing is fair unless you win.  Come on lads, grow some and move on.

I state again:

Dont think he's making a fool of himself at all. First we get told - buy a season ticket or you wont be be going at all, then we get told refunds will be issued within 14 days of not being able to go which is subsequently changed to 14 working days(on top of that why wait to reimburse for some of the games when the club knew restrictions meant we wouldn't be able to go?), then we get to go into a ballot only to find it has been weighted(again, not advised at point of sale). Oh and I have had chase 2 refunds - all in all an absolute shambles. 

19 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I state again:

Dont think he's making a fool of himself at all. First we get told - buy a season ticket or you wont be be going at all, then we get told refunds will be issued within 14 days of not being able to go which is subsequently changed to 14 working days(on top of that why wait to reimburse for some of the games when the club knew restrictions meant we wouldn't be able to go?), then we get to go into a ballot only to find it has been weighted(again, not advised at point of sale). Oh and I have had chase 2 refunds - all in all an absolute shambles. 

https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

It’s the priority for those who went to away games that I’m whinging about. And then we get told that it’s fair.

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s the priority for those who went to away games that I’m whinging about. And then we get told that it’s fair.

They went to home and away games. They spent an awful of a lot of money and time following the team around the country. They are clearly the biggest fans because they put in the most effort. 

These people were up and down the country on road or by train covering thousands of miles and spending thousands of pounds over the season. They took time off work, juggled finances, got home late from midweek aways and then up early for work the next day. They should be applauded for their dedication. They didn't just wander down to St Mary's every other week.

I did every home and a decent number of aways but have no hesitation in saying those who managed every game are better fans than me and deserve to have priority.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

They went to home and away games. They spent an awful of a lot of money and time following the team around the country. They are clearly the biggest fans because they put in the most effort. 

These people were up and down the country on road or by train covering thousands of miles and spending thousands of pounds over the season. They took time off work, juggled finances, got home late from midweek aways and then up early for work the next day. They should be applauded for their dedication. They didn't just wander down to St Mary's every other week.

I did every home and a decent number of aways but have no hesitation in saying those who managed every game are better fans than me and deserve to have priority.

Well said. 

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Spot on. The club have had to come up with a system, and prioritising the fans who demonstrate the highest commitment seems obvious. I'm staggered there's an argument against that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, egg said:

Spot on. The club have had to come up with a system, and prioritising the fans who demonstrate the highest commitment seems obvious. I'm staggered there's an argument against that. 

Ok then why does someone who had a new season this year get the same priority as someone who for instance has had one for 40 consecutive seasons? Once you start favouring a certain percentage it stops being a level playing field. I admire the people who can go to all away games some others cannot afford it, have to work weekends etc etc but do not make them any less supporters. 

• Like 2

Sorry thought we were having a grown up debate I am not throwing any toys out the pram, if you think we need to split the fan base into “Über’” fans then that is your opinion. I am responding to Whitey grandads post that point out what was going to be a level playing field has now been changed. He was unduly ridiculed, I don’t suppose you’re an Uber fan ? 😇. I suspect that the money I have spent over the last 60 years of supporting the team is more than someone who has been home and away for say 5 years.  So in my opinion my using my pocket money, paper round money etc etc for 60 years makes me a loyal fan but I was happy to go in the the draw along with any other season ticket holder. I am disappointed the club changed the goalposts. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Saints4Prem said:

Sorry thought we were having a grown up debate I am not throwing any toys out the pram, if you think we need to split the fan base into “Über’” fans then that is your opinion. I am responding to Whitey grandads post that point out what was going to be a level playing field has now been changed. He was unduly ridiculed, I don’t suppose you’re an Uber fan ? 😇. I suspect that the money I have spent over the last 60 years of supporting the team is more than someone who has been home and away for say 5 years.  So in my opinion my using my pocket money, paper round money etc etc for 60 years makes me a loyal fan but I was happy to go in the the draw along with any other season ticket holder. I am disappointed the club changed the goalposts. 

Spot on.

2 hours ago, egg said:

Because they didn't state that at point of sale - if they did, no one would have an argument. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Because they didn't state that at point of sale - if they did, no one would have an argument. 

That is ridiculous. The situation has to be fluid with covid. Nobody could seriously have expected them to have known back then what they might have to do in the current situation. 

10 hours ago, Saints4Prem said:

Ok then why does someone who had a new season this year get the same priority as someone who for instance has had one for 40 consecutive seasons? Once you start favouring a certain percentage it stops being a level playing field. I admire the people who can go to all away games some others cannot afford it, have to work weekends etc etc but do not make them any less supporters. 

It doesn't make them less of a supporter, but it does make them less worthy of a ticket.

There's a couple of chaps that haven't missed a competitive fixture  home or away (that allows crowds) since the mid 70's, are you saying they are on par with someone who has had a season ticket for 2 years and that they should miss out for these people? The priority system they have introduced is 100% fair given the circumstances which rewards both loyalty and normal ST holders. I myself fall into the ST ballot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It doesn't make them less of a supporter, but it does make them less worthy of a ticket.

There's a couple of chaps that haven't missed a competitive fixture  home or away (that allows crowds) since the mid 70's, are you saying they are on par with someone who has had a season ticket for 2 years and that they should miss out for these people? The priority system they have introduced is 100% fair given the circumstances which rewards both loyalty and normal ST holders. I myself fall into the ST ballot. 

Pretty much my view.

I'm back as a season ticket holder for the last two years after taking a decade or more out when my priorities were elsewhere. I'm very happy that those who invested money and time into the club during that time to get some reward. If people really feel they've been mistreated or misled to the extent of a contract breach by the club then complain to the club, and if not happy with their response take it further.

Otherwise get behind the club and look forward to the time we can go back to moaning about how long it takes to get pie/beer at half time.

Edited by steve green
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I do think you miss the point as Whitey said 

18th June:

They have now changed the goalposts however you choose who is the super supporter.

As for your response Egg - the situation has to be fluid I agree, for example the supporters who live in tier 3 (which was not a criteria in June?) have to miss out. However what in a “fluid situation” makes it fair to give Uber supporters a priority unless they are all inoculated? 😀😁

Steve Green although I do have a bit of an issue as to whether they are more worthy or not,  the point was first made that the goalposts had changed and surely that is correct. 

Judging by the way the crowd was seated at Stamford Bridge yesterday, we can expect a Covid hotspot around the Chelsea/Fulham area in the next couple of weeks.

Hope we can do better next weekend but using only the Kingsland surely increases the risks unnecessarily.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Judging by the way the crowd was seated at Stamford Bridge yesterday, we can expect a Covid hotspot around the Chelsea/Fulham area in the next couple of weeks.

Hope we can do better next weekend but using only the Kingsland surely increases the risks unnecessarily.

I think it could be the itchen stand if they only open 1 stand

200 in the executive areas then 900 each in the itchen North and South. 

1 hour ago, IFHP said:

I think it could be the itchen stand if they only open 1 stand

200 in the executive areas then 900 each in the itchen North and South. 

The commentator for the u18 game at St Mary's a few days ago said that it was the Kingsland 

14 hours ago, trousers said:

The commentator for the u18 game at St Mary's a few days ago said that it was the Kingsland 

Surprised by that, from a TV viewer aesthetics perspective it would be better to use the Itchen.

Though from a logistics point of view of getting people in and out, there are more entrances in the Kingsland. Aswell as a far bigger concourse. 

19 minutes ago, Dan said:

Surprised by that, from a TV viewer aesthetics perspective it would be better to use the Itchen.

Though from a logistics point of view of getting people in and out, there are more entrances in the Kingsland. Aswell as a far bigger concourse. 

I think the concourse size and access, is the major reason for using the Kingsland, plus they have to put subs in several blocks of Itchen Stand

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

2 tickets for the Sheffield United game. Only drawback is the missus wants to come. 

Still at least I'll be 2 metres away from her. Won't have to listen to the normal irrelevant non-football comments during the game.

Are we saying that anyone who is getting a ticket has now been notified and if you haven't had an email then you have missed out? 

1 hour ago, wild-saint said:

Are we saying that anyone who is getting a ticket has now been notified and if you haven't had an email then you have missed out? 

I contacted club this morning and they said still sending emails out today, including on for me

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I received an email about two hours ago. And then another email about one hour ago. Not sure if I now have 2 tickets or 4... :facepalm:

shouldn't think it would make any difference, the link to tickets is on your SFC ticket account

5 minutes ago, davefoggy said:

what's the deal then? I have had an email saying I have 2 tickets, which is great, but I was only expecting to get one on my customer number. confused

Is your customer number linked to any friends & family accounts? 

By the way, are the club just opening one stand? (Kingsland is where our tickets are for) not sure if I have seen it confirmed anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

By the way, are the club just opening one stand? (Kingsland is where our tickets are for) not sure if I have seen it confirmed anywhere.

My ticket is for the Kingsland, and my season ticket is for the Chapel, my ticket also says entry is at 10:30! Is that the same for everyone else?

3 minutes ago, ray951 said:

My ticket is for the Kingsland, and my season ticket is for the Chapel, my ticket also says entry is at 10:30! Is that the same for everyone else?

No they’re staggering it. I’ve spoken to loads of people who have tickets! Most of us go away though so might be in the 162 person category or whatever it was. 

22 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

yes, but the others haven't opted in