2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

9 hours ago, Saint Kent said:

Has anyone got their refunds for the matches which nobody could attend  last season yet? I went into my account to request a refund rather than a credit ages ago and thought that the club was supposed to contact me but zilch.

Yeah mine appeared in my account without any contact from the club, about a month or so ago now.

I got an email from the club yesterday:

Your Season Ticket pro-rata refund for the home match against Tottenham Hotspur has now been processed. 

The amount paid will be 1/19th of your total Season Ticket cost and all money will go back to the card used for initial payment.

Some supporters will receive multiple payments due to the separate orders that sit on their account. 

Payments may take a few days to appear depending on banking provider. If you have concerns payment hasn’t gone through please contact the Ticket Office call centre open every Tuesday and Wednesday via 02381 780780.

The Club would like to thank all supporters for their patience in these difficult times. The Club has undertaken many tests to ensure all payments are complete and correct, which going forward, will help improve the speed of refunds as we continue into the 2020/21 season. 

The pro-rata refund process for the West Bromwich Albion match has already begun and we endeavour to return your refund in a shorter time frame. We will confirm once this has been completed.

Thank you for your support.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, the colonel said:

I suspect this has already been asked numerous times, 'Has the actual Season Ticket Card been sent out yet?'

Thanks

Pretty sure I read they weren’t going to bother sending them out until the stadium is fully open as normal once more.

42 minutes ago, the colonel said:

I suspect this has already been asked numerous times, 'Has the actual Season Ticket Card been sent out yet?'

Thanks

No. They aren’t sending any out until this is all over, so don’t expect one this season. 

3 hours ago, the colonel said:

Thanks

There was no point because if they ever get to let a reduced number in, there is no guarantee you would be sat in your usual stand, let alone seat.

On 12/10/2020 at 15:46, Shroppie said:

In case anyone's interested, the club are holding a Fan Feedback session on Thursday (by invite) covering refunds, return of fans, vouchers and stock and pay per view.

Please can someone ask if they plan to resurrect the less 'cloak and dagger' fan forums? (Yes, I know they'll play the "yeah, but, covid innit" card, but no reason why the same format couldn't be achieved via Zoom participation and still broadcast by BBC Solent. Cheers

A few takeaways from the fans meeting:
They know the discount vouchers for ST holders had problems but now mainly sorted.
LD were built on a business model of selling content which mainly was to come from Saints. But with Covid there was no content to sell so they went under. They’re from Taiwan, btw, had 300 staff.
Club had to find a new sponsor fast. Betting company not ideal but Saints believe they are a more ethical company and are also starting an initiative to support gambling addicts.
All shirts will be replaced (keep the old ones). They’re UA but unbranded because of time scale.
Saints are currently losing £3m a month, total of £22m due to Covid so far. They had to pay £12m back to broadcasters because of the break.
Martin Semmens described the MU /Liverpool Big Picture plan as utter nonsense and disastrous. No benefit for Saints whatsoever.
Bubbles for the return will be reassessed in November. 12% of ST holders have opted not to attend. Fans will be allocated to their own stand as far as possible.
Not very keen on the PPV scheme but have little option as Sky/BT won’t keep showing for free, so the only (legal) way to let fans watch. Don’t know if any of the PPV fee will come to Saints. Basically, PL have sold the product to Sky/BT and have no control.

The club were very open, honest and clear in answering questions. I was pretty impressed.

• Like 2

Cheers for the updates Shroppie.

You've got to wonder why there are still 'return' plans being assessed though? They should prob be spending time working out how to refund everyone 50% of their ticket now, in effect everyone would have half season tickets then. Then see how it goes next year, as we certainly won't be seeing fans inside stadiums before Christmas in this country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12104480/coronavirus-return-of-football-fans-into-stadiums-to-be-debated-on-november-9 Confirmation that the return of fans not being discussed until 09 November- in view of this the club should refund the Everton and Newcastle games now rather than waiting (im still awaiting west brom funds). Don't suppose anyone was clever enough (or brave enough) to query why they are not processing these now?

On 14/10/2020 at 14:38, trousers said:

Please can someone ask if they plan to resurrect the less 'cloak and dagger' fan forums? (Yes, I know they'll play the "yeah, but, covid innit" card, but no reason why the same format couldn't be achieved via Zoom participation and still broadcast by BBC Solent. Cheers

Yes they are. The meeting today was billed as a focus group and they confirmed that the fans forum will return

2 hours ago, Shroppie said:

They know the discount vouchers for ST holders had problems but now mainly sorted.
LD were built on a business model of selling content which mainly was to come from Saints. But with Covid there was no content to sell so they went under. They’re from Taiwan, btw, had 300 staff.
Club had to find a new sponsor fast. Betting company not ideal but Saints believe they are a more ethical company and are also starting an initiative to support gambling addicts.
All shirts will be replaced (keep the old ones). They’re UA but unbranded because of time scale.
Saints are currently losing £3m a month, total of £22m due to Covid so far. They had to pay £12m back to broadcasters because of the break.
Martin Semmens described the MU /Liverpool Big Picture plan as utter nonsense and disastrous. No benefit for Saints whatsoever.
Bubbles for the return will be reassessed in November. 12% of ST holders have opted not to attend. Fans will be allocated to their own stand as far as possible.
Not very keen on the PPV scheme but have little option as Sky/BT won’t keep showing for free, so the only (legal) way to let fans watch. Don’t know if any of the PPV fee will come to Saints. Basically, PL have sold the product to Sky/BT and have no control.

The club were very open, honest and clear in answering questions. I was pretty impressed.

A few things to add to Shroppie’s excellent summary

LD Sports went under on August 2nd, new sponsor obtained within a week.

The Club knew nothing about the Big Picture until Sunday when newspaper article published 

UA could not produce shirts in time for Christmas so no choice but to go to alternative manufacture

And £14.95 fee for PPV set by broadcasters clubs had no input in price set

All West Brom refunds will be processed soon

The following two home games will be refunded in one transaction

And just like to confirm last line of his summary, club were extremely open and honest in all their answers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shroppie said:

I challenged the PPV and got a long message back telling me that football clubs are making £700m loss etc....

What they seemed to fail to tell you is they voted in favour of this not that they just accepted this. I also asked them to publish a table of what this £15 charge would mean for each team’s set of supporters and why they believed it was fair for saints supporters to pay more than top six supporters. ... they could have balanced pricing if they believe it was all about a fans ability to watch their club. strangely they decided not to answer this. 

There are a lot of supporters who are also struggling at this time, and have continued to support saints with cash flow, its not just football as an industry who has struggled. Hey like to sell what a community based club they are, well this is a community issue. 

54 minutes ago, saint michael said:

I challenged the PPV and got a long message back telling me that football clubs are making £700m loss etc....

What they seemed to fail to tell you is they voted in favour of this not that they just accepted this. I also asked them to publish a table of what this £15 charge would mean for each team’s set of supporters and why they believed it was fair for saints supporters to pay more than top six supporters. ... they could have balanced pricing if they believe it was all about a fans ability to watch their club. strangely they decided not to answer this. 

There are a lot of supporters who are also struggling at this time, and have continued to support saints with cash flow, its not just football as an industry who has struggled. Hey like to sell what a community based club they are, well this is a community issue. 

Shame they didn't answer, seems like you are in the minority of people who have not been hoodwinked by the club and feel sorry for them and the rest of the premier. When telling you that clubs have made a £700m loss did they balance it out by saying these same clubs spent £1.2 billion over the summer plus agent fees. Well done for your challenging question - shame a few others didn't ask some difficult questions like you.

Edited by whiteleySaint30

9 hours ago, oldsarum said:

A few things to add to Shroppie’s excellent summary

LD Sports went under on August 2nd, new sponsor obtained within a week.

The Club knew nothing about the Big Picture until Sunday when newspaper article published 

UA could not produce shirts in time for Christmas so no choice but to go to alternative manufacture

And £14.95 fee for PPV set by broadcasters clubs had no input in price set

All West Brom refunds will be processed soon

The following two home games will be refunded in one transaction

And just like to confirm last line of his summary, club were extremely open and honest in all their answers.

Thanks for the additions, and correction on the shirts, which I'd misunderstood.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Cat said:

Newcastle fans demand refund of season ticket money. Difference with them is that they aren't doing any match by match refunds yet.

I believe Newcastle didn't offer any sort of refund or credit for the games missed at the end of last season either. Pretty shabby, really.

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Saints have hardly come out of this with a gold badge. One of only 2/3 clubs that have sold season tickets........

They were sold on the understanding that people would be allowed back in stadia in October, and they're refunding people for every game missed. Not sure I see the big outrage, tbh.

• Like 1

I’m not sure why saints fans have rose petal view of saints at the moment. They have had several opportunities to stand up and show what the fans mean to them but have not taken these. Eg  PPV costs and loading saints fans with more costs to watch. Making it sound like a privilege returning season ticket money when not being able to attend games. Giving tokens out that make it sound like a reward when you have to pay extra to buy what you want and availability low. Not inviting all fans on forums which could be over vc instead feeding a few fans info to spread and feed the bbc etc....this is clearly a business only outlook don’t be fooled. Our day as fans have long gone....sadly 

10 minutes ago, saint michael said:

I’m not sure why saints fans have rose petal view of saints at the moment. They have had several opportunities to stand up and show what the fans mean to them but have not taken these. Eg  PPV costs and loading saints fans with more costs to watch. Making it sound like a privilege returning season ticket money when not being able to attend games. Giving tokens out that make it sound like a reward when you have to pay extra to buy what you want and availability low. Not inviting all fans on forums which could be over vc instead feeding a few fans info to spread and feed the bbc etc....this is clearly a business only outlook don’t be fooled. Our day as fans have long gone....sadly 

I find it difficult to see your argument or agree with you.

1. PPV cost was set by Sky/BT. Saints have no rights over broadcasting or say in what the TV companies do. They can't broadcast themselves.

2. Returning pro-rata ST money for games we can't attend isn't presented as a privilege. It's fulfilling a commitment, and is being done as agreed.

3. Yes, the voucher scheme had problems. But would you rather have £35 off or not?

4. The fans forums will be reinstated when people can once again gather physically. The meeting last night (which yes, I was invited to) was mainly for feedback from the club on the complex problems they face at the moment. It was limited to 25 as it was on Microsoft Teams and, realistically you can't have many more in an on-line meeting. I believe all who were there represented a fans' group. The meeting was open, honest and informative. I am clear Saints are doing their best to interact with, and support fans.

5. It must be principally a business approach. All clubs, except possibly the biggest, are under financial strain. Saints are losing £3m a month. The idea that they don't care about fans is not logical. They need us!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevegrant said:

I believe Newcastle didn't offer any sort of refund or credit for the games missed at the end of last season either. Pretty shabby, really.

Would be quite funny if Mike Ashley offers them money back in the form of a sports direct voucher. 

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I find it difficult to see your argument or agree with you.

1. PPV cost was set by Sky/BT. Saints have no rights over broadcasting or say in what the TV companies do. They can't broadcast themselves.

2. Returning pro-rata ST money for games we can't attend isn't presented as a privilege. It's fulfilling a commitment, and is being done as agreed.

3. Yes, the voucher scheme had problems. But would you rather have £35 off or not?

4. The fans forums will be reinstated when people can once again gather physically. The meeting last night (which yes, I was invited to) was mainly for feedback from the club on the complex problems they face at the moment. It was limited to 25 as it was on Microsoft Teams and, realistically you can't have many more in an on-line meeting. I believe all who were there represented a fans' group. The meeting was open, honest and informative. I am clear Saints are doing their best to interact with, and support fans.

5. It must be principally a business approach. All clubs, except possibly the biggest, are under financial strain. Saints are losing £3m a month. The idea that they don't care about fans is not logical. They need us!

Let me explain. 
1. clubs had a Vote on the PPV. Saints voted in favour of this. The format penalised Fans from clubs like Saints as there is an imbalance of what people pay to watch their team on tv without any control or choice. If you support a top 6 club it will cost you less. 
2. When I contacted them about the PPV. I was told that they would give me my season ticket money back game to game. Which is fine, but was promoting it like it was a privilege not a right. 
3. I would rather have £35 that was genuine and that was a straight buy what you want for that...not conditional. Making it again beneficial for the club not the fan, losing its good intention. 
4. I have been on VC’ town halls with hundreds. So this is very workable. You can’t just choose which fans are more valuable and communicate with them.. last year people came back and said we can’t tell you what we were told... not very inclusive I would say

5. yes we clearly are customers, and yes they want our money, I guess I just feel the loss of the club I grew up with and the new business it is now.. indeed that my problem and yes I have a choice 

9 hours ago, saint michael said:

Let me explain. 
1. clubs had a Vote on the PPV. Saints voted in favour of this. The format penalised Fans from clubs like Saints as there is an imbalance of what people pay to watch their team on tv without any control or choice. If you support a top 6 club it will cost you less. 
2. When I contacted them about the PPV. I was told that they would give me my season ticket money back game to game. Which is fine, but was promoting it like it was a privilege not a right. 
3. I would rather have £35 that was genuine and that was a straight buy what you want for that...not conditional. Making it again beneficial for the club not the fan, losing its good intention. 
4. I have been on VC’ town halls with hundreds. So this is very workable. You can’t just choose which fans are more valuable and communicate with them.. last year people came back and said we can’t tell you what we were told... not very inclusive I would say

5. yes we clearly are customers, and yes they want our money, I guess I just feel the loss of the club I grew up with and the new business it is now.. indeed that my problem and yes I have a choice 

We're not going to agree on this. As I said, clubs could only vote on matches the ng broadcast PPV or not, no say on cost. Saints reluctantly voted for to give fans who want to pay access. No-one has to pay. In normal times you'd pay twice as much to be there or not see it.

When you bought your season tickets the refund arrangements we're clear. Not added as a privilege.

The £35 could be used for anything in the store except current replica kits.

The virtual meetings are consultation. You can't do that with hundreds. And nothing was secret. Full reports have been posted on various forums and shared with supporter groups, as was the intention.

I sympathise with you on modern football finances. Players and agents have way too much power and are hugely overpaid. Which has come about because TV have poured billions into the PL. But if Saints are to compete at that level, they need fans' money.

Yes, we all have a choice.

17 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

We're not going to agree on this. As I said, clubs could only vote on matches the ng broadcast PPV or not, no say on cost. Saints reluctantly voted for to give fans who want to pay access. No-one has to pay. In normal times you'd pay twice as much to be there or not see it.

When you bought your season tickets the refund arrangements we're clear. Not added as a privilege.

The £35 could be used for anything in the store except current replica kits.

The virtual meetings are consultation. You can't do that with hundreds. And nothing was secret. Full reports have been posted on various forums and shared with supporter groups, as was the intention.

I sympathise with you on modern football finances. Players and agents have way too much power and are hugely overpaid. Which has come about because TV have poured billions into the PL. But if Saints are to compete at that level, they need fans' money.

Yes, we all have a choice.

I think you might be semmens love child or semmens himself. Yes we had a choice but we were clearly told 'to retain your seat you have to give us £600+ for your season ticket and if you want to watch any games this season you have to give us £600 for your season ticket. Club could easily have requested say £50 from fans as a retainer to hold their seat and then those who have paid this go into a ballot when we could return. Let's not forgot at the time we purchased our season tickets we knew we could not go to the spurs game but they still decided to charge 14,000 or so fans for this - why not pro rata at that stage? - They have also known for an extended period that we would not be attending west brom, Everton and Newcastle games but decide to hang onto our pennies as long as possible(by advising the 14 days kicks in when they announce on the website the game will be held behind closed doors), Morally, what they done over the last 6 months or so has been shabby to say the least.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I think you might be semmens love child or semmens himself. Yes we had a choice but we were clearly told 'to retain your seat you have to give us £600+ for your season ticket and if you want to watch any games this season you have to give us £600 for your season ticket. Club could easily have requested say £50 from fans as a retainer to hold their seat and then those who have paid this go into a ballot when we could return. Let's not forgot at the time we purchased our season tickets we knew we could not go to the spurs game but they still decided to charge 14,000 or so fans for this - why not pro rata at that stage? - They have also known for an extended period that we would not be attending west brom, Everton and Newcastle games but decide to hang onto our pennies as long as possible(by advising the 14 days kicks in when they announce on the website the game will be held behind closed doors), Morally, what they done over the last 6 months or so has been shabby to say the least.

When season tickets went on sale they were anticipating fans being allowed back in grounds in October. 

At least Saints refunded season ticket holders for games they were unable to attend at the end of last season and for the two games this season. Compare that to Newcastle who have not refunded any money. 

46 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

52 minutes ago, oldsarum said:

When season tickets went on sale they were anticipating fans being allowed back in grounds in October. 

At least Saints refunded season ticket holders for games they were unable to attend at the end of last season and for the two games this season. Compare that to Newcastle who have not refunded any money. 

Over half of the league didn't offer 'traditional season tickets' to start with. Of the ones that did, they offered a 'fixed payment' to secure a seat so they can be put into a ballot to pay additional for the games they wanted to attend (if it happens).

In my opinion we shouldn't have sold season tickets in their traditional form, the 'expectation' that we'd have fans back inside stadiums from October was flawed from the outset. Unis went back in Sept/Aug, schools back in Sept...up tick in cases during late sept, October. Winter months etc.

There is no chance of there being any fans inside any stadium in this country before January. They can't go around shutting down pubs and then deeming stadiums are ok for attendance, for any number, as that would create outrage.

So we'll have to get used to no fans for a long time to come. I will say that I've never really believed the 'government' and authority responses/reactions matches the virus it's self, but let's not get into that debate on here.

13 hours ago, whelk said:

Have received fck all refund for the two games missed. Great promise that was. 

I'm surprised to read that. There was a problem with the card they were paying me back on but the ticket office phoned me, i gave them alternative bank details and the money for both Spurs and WBA was in my account by the end of the day.  

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Over half of the league didn't offer 'traditional season tickets' to start with. Of the ones that did, they offered a 'fixed payment' to secure a seat so they can be put into a ballot to pay additional for the games they wanted to attend (if it happens).

In my opinion we shouldn't have sold season tickets in their traditional form, the 'expectation' that we'd have fans back inside stadiums from October was flawed from the outset. Unis went back in Sept/Aug, schools back in Sept...up tick in cases during late sept, October. Winter months etc.

There is no chance of there being any fans inside any stadium in this country before January. They can't go around shutting down pubs and then deeming stadiums are ok for attendance, for any number, as that would create outrage.

So we'll have to get used to no fans for a long time to come. I will say that I've never really believed the 'government' and authority responses/reactions matches the virus it's self, but let's not get into that debate on here.

Ah, someone else talking some sense....

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I see the argument but we got close to having fans in October and Saints spent a lot in preparation, so I don't think they were being totally cynical.

I don't blame them for trying to help cash flow by getting ST money in and have accepted it, but can also see it's reasonable to be peeved that they're getting the benefit of your cash.