2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

23 hours ago, Shroppie said:

I see the argument but we got close to having fans in October and Saints spent a lot in preparation, so I don't think they were being totally cynical.

I don't blame them for trying to help cash flow by getting ST money in and have accepted it, but can also see it's reasonable to be peeved that they're getting the benefit of your cash.

I agree with you Shroppie, the club have taken a reasonable position given the circumstances which prevailed at the time !

It's a bit like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" !

It's easy to criticise in an uncertain world but I do not consider any of their behaviour to be immoral or underhand !

BTW, cash interest rates yield about 0.15% (if your lucky) so they are not exactly getting rich on that score !

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

I agree with you Shroppie, the club have taken a reasonable position given the circumstances which prevailed at the time !

It's a bit like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" !

It's easy to criticise in an uncertain world but I do not consider any of their behaviour to be immoral or underhand !

BTW, cash interest rates yield about 0.15% (if your lucky) so they are not exactly getting rich on that score !

And as interest rates head into the negative, I'll be grateful to Saints holding on to my money to save me losses. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Still waiting for a refund and no reply to my email from the ticket. Looks like I will need to phone tomorrow. This isn't really what I signed up for, hassle I could do without. Consequences for the club for breaking their 'promise' = Zero. Consequences if I didn't renew within their stipulated time frame = they flog my season ticket to someone else. 

Just now, whiteleySaint30 said:

Still waiting for a refund and no reply to my email from the ticket. Looks like I will need to phone tomorrow. This isn't really what I signed up for, hassle I could do without. Consequences for the club for breaking their 'promise' = Zero. Consequences if I didn't renew within their stipulated time frame = they flog my season ticket to someone else. 

This is why all they should have done is charge a small holding fee for all season ticket holders, whilst the returning situation is up in the air.

Everyone keeps their seat if they want to and if/when games start back up again, 'holders' get first dibs and can get tickets on the season ticket pricing. Job done. Baffled as to why we thought it was a good idea to sell entire season tickets.

1 minute ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Our refunds for Spurs and WBA have arrived in our account with no problem.

I received an email couple of weeks ago asking for me to call them re: the refund (they claimed to have tried calling me but that’s not the case). Apparently there’s an issue with refunding people who paid for more than one ticket on their card, as their super duper new ticket site can’t figure out how to refund more than 1 person..

5 minutes ago, robgriz said:

I received an email couple of weeks ago asking for me to call them re: the refund (they claimed to have tried calling me but that’s not the case). Apparently there’s an issue with refunding people who paid for more than one ticket on their card, as their super duper new ticket site can’t figure out how to refund more than 1 person..

I fortunately had mine today, strangely came in 2 payments - £11.62 and £18.82 - very strange but at least I got it back......

• Like 1

21 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

I fortunately had mine today, strangely came in 2 payments - £11.62 and £18.82 - very strange but at least I got it back......

Think a few people have had this, Definitely get the feeling they aren't keeping track of who they've paid and how much, think I'll just try to add up all the payments at the end to see if they add up to full amount paid. 

6 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Given that the government have pretty much confirmed no fans until 2021 it’d be good if the club just pay up all the refunds for matches until January now so the fans have got the money in their pockets for Christmas.

Good idea. Shame we won’t be able to spend the money :(

22 minutes ago, bpsaint said:

Given that the government have pretty much confirmed no fans until 2021 it’d be good if the club just pay up all the refunds for matches until January now so the fans have got the money in their pockets for Christmas.

Or just refund everyone the entire ticket price now and admit their mistake in even selling them from the outset.

Edited by S-Clarke

16 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Or just refund everyone the entire ticket price now and admit their mistake in even selling them from the outset.

I don’t think it was a mistake in that there was a general air of expectation that fans would be back in some form by October.

But now, I agree, I can’t see this happening before next spring if at all.

Edited by Whitey Grandad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I don’t think it was a mistake in that there was a general air of expectation that fans would be back in some form by October.

But now, I agree, I can’t see this happening before next spring if at all.

I think it was a really mistaken expectation though, not helped by the governments statement that they'd 'hope to remove all restrictions' by November. I think for most people they could see that it hadn't 'gone away' in the summer and winter would see a resurgence.

So based on that alone I think we should have - at the most - charged a small holding fee for your seat, but no more than that until they were definitive set in stone dates. Just my two pence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I think it was a really mistaken expectation though, not helped by the governments statement that they'd 'hope to remove all restrictions' by November. I think for most people they could see that it hadn't 'gone away' in the summer and winter would see a resurgence.

So based on that alone I think we should have - at the most - charged a small holding fee for your seat, but no more than that until they were definitive set in stone dates. Just my two pence.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

I think you're being unfair in your criticism , its easy to sit back now and say that, but when tickets went on sale in July things were improving.

In those circumstances I think the club did the right thing to gauge interest, to find out how many season ticket holders would want tickets, and then after that when it was thought restricted crowds might be possible, they could then use this as a basis to try and find out who of those with season tickets would not want to attend due to COVID, and then work out ways to allocate tickets to the season ticket holders who wanted to attend games.

If we had have been able to attend in October a system was in place, something many other clubs haven't got. Unfortunately this never happened but Saints would have been ill prepared otherwise, and the moaners on here would have complained about that too. No win situation but think Saints did the right thing and are now refunding supporters fairly promptly for games they cannot attend.

1 hour ago, oldsarum said:

I think you're being unfair in your criticism , its easy to sit back now and say that, but when tickets went on sale in July things were improving.

In those circumstances I think the club did the right thing to gauge interest, to find out how many season ticket holders would want tickets, and then after that when it was thought restricted crowds might be possible, they could then use this as a basis to try and find out who of those with season tickets would not want to attend due to COVID, and then work out ways to allocate tickets to the season ticket holders who wanted to attend games.

If we had have been able to attend in October a system was in place, something many other clubs haven't got. Unfortunately this never happened but Saints would have been ill prepared otherwise, and the moaners on here would have complained about that too. No win situation but think Saints did the right thing and are now refunding supporters fairly promptly for games they cannot attend.

Totally disagree- saints are one of a very small minority of orem clubs who sold tickets. All they needed to do was ask each season ticket holders to pay a retainer (say £50) and then ballot tickets. 

Instead they decided to force people to purchase a season ticket if they wanted any chance of going this season - a form of bribery I would suggest. 

They have subsequently changed the boundaries in terms of their so called promise - 14 days changed to 14 working days etc - I could go on.....

All in all feel they have dealt with it terribly. 

However it's not all bad - if I buy a shirt with an out of date sponsor on the front for a bargain £42 they will give me a chance if winning a competition to talk to 2 of our players  - to be honest I find that very insulting.

31 minutes ago, StDunko said:

I've received a refund forthe equivalent of 4 home games today. Making a total of 6 home games refunded so far this season...

Which is strange given there have only been 3 home games thus far...

I've just checked - I've recieved a refund equalling 2 games (so I have now been refunded for 4 games in total). I presume thus refund relates to Everton and Newcastle. Strange some have recievd the equivalent of games refund of 4 games(in addition to the 2 already recieved - spurs and west brom). 

10 hours ago, Saint-Reece said:

I have received 4x refunds this morning into my accounts - 2x lots of 2 refunds, not sure if an admin mistake or...?

Yep me too. Totally confused by what I have been refunded for now to be honest ( complicated by the fact I paid for 3 season tickets).

Working it out and assuming its not an admin error, would be refunds for Everton, Newcastle and then the Man U and Sheffield Utd games. Maybe they thought as lockdown lets refunds more games.

Haven't seen or received and comms though? Bit of a mess really.

Email from club in response to my request for clarification:

To clarify, we have now completed the refunds process for the two matches of Everton and Newcastle. Given the current situation and the announcement last weekend of the country returning to lockdown, we have accelerated the process to begin the refunds on the matches against Manchester United and Sheffield United, with a number of these processed at the same time as the final batch of the Everton and Newcastle matches.

All other refunds for Manchester United and Sheffield United will be processed over the next couple of weeks.

An article went up this afternoon and can be viewed via: https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-11-06/southampton-fc-everton-and-newcastle-refunds-now-processed

So far I had 2 x £30 and 1 x £60 so that covers 4 games (WBA, Spurs, Everton & Newcastle) !

Sounds like I'll get another £60 for Man U and Sheff U pretty soon !

TBF, I have no complaints at all re. the system and am happy with the way it has been handled !

In total I have 5 season tickets and have received refunds for the first 2 games for 4 of them, after a lot of chasing.  Still missing refunds  for 12 games, covering the first four fixtures.

System is a shambles, the ticket systems online shows they have attempted to process the refunds, but the actual payments are not being processed.

Saints promise!!

Edited by mattyg

The amount of refunds they're having to process is mental.

Guess it keeps someone in a job, but surely we've long since passed the point where they should be a bit more pragmatic? Refund us to the end of the year at least, and save a lot of pointless toiling. Won't it be costing them a few quid to keep operating like this?

Unless cashflow is utterly desperate they might as well refund the lot now, minus a holding fee. Putting us on parity with most other clubs. They're unlikely to be able to 'cash' much (if any) of the money they're holding, and pretending otherwise doesn't seem productive.

FWIW, I'm actually not too bothered when it's returned to my account. Simply seems nuts from their side.

Edited by ant
  • Like 2

On a related topic, I bought an away shirt for my son with the old sponsor on. The club sent me a code to order a free replacement but I didn't see the email as it went to my spam folder.  A nice young man from the club phoned me to make me aware of the offer as it was about to expire. I've now ordered the replacement.  I thought this was a nice gesture by the club, deserving of praise. Especially as we weren't bothered by having the "wrong" sponsor in the first place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, itchen said:

On a related topic, I bought an away shirt for my son with the old sponsor on. The club sent me a code to order a free replacement but I didn't see the email as it went to my spam folder.  A nice young man from the club phoned me to make me aware of the offer as it was about to expire. I've now ordered the replacement.  I thought this was a nice gesture by the club, deserving of praise. Especially as we weren't bothered by having the "wrong" sponsor in the first place.

Some people's idea of a nice gesture certainly varies from mine but I'm glad your happy.