2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

What happened about the ID checking?

Asking for a friend.

They checked all ID’s that I saw.

Day was better then I expected actually. Atmosphere was decent for 2000 and a good performance helped. 

May be I was down the quiet end. Did sound noisier up the other end I suppose.

Exiting was row by row. Then when you're into the concourse there's loads of room and you can just shoot off.

No one checked my ID. Forgot about that. I was with 2 kids though. Hardly likely to be anyone different.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

Didn’t have our IDs asked for or checked at the purple gate. The stewards seemed more interested in getting people through quickly ☺️

I had mine checked at purple. 

The Stewards were great, it was an  extremely well organised system and all in all it was a good natured day imo. 

All pretty smooth on the whole and Stewards handled it all brilliantly except................................ I jumped up from my front row seat to celebrate the first goal we'd scored in front of fans for 9 months and was jabbed in the ribs by a female steward and told to immediately sit down!!!

She then preceded to tell everyone on the front row, who had also obviously jumped up, to sit down, and then was gesturing at all the fans behind us to sit down!!!

Think she was new as I haven't seen her before - and she didn't reappear for the rest of the game either so maybe someone had a 'little word in her ear'??

Other than that a completely enjoyable experience that was well organised and stewarded 😃

Mine was checked. If you’re thinking of chancing it with somebody else’s ticket you might get lucky, but you should be prepared to be sent away. I think the stewards who check are the ones who won’t be convinced to turn a blind eye. 

The whole system worked really well inside and outside. Still plenty of chance to meet others if you wanted, atmosphere was decent considering how empty it was - better in fact than some pre-season games with much larger crowds. 

• Like 1

I had ID checked to access corporate hospitality - and was temperature checked twice. Even though a good number of staff know most of the season ticket holders there personally. So, I think I could have got in without ID, but doubt someone else could have got in using my ticket. I’d guess there might be pretty severe consequences for attempting to do so too. 

On 10/12/2020 at 05:10, whiteleySaint30 said:

So, anyone NOT had a refund for man utd yet? Shows on website my refund was processed 03/12 but not recieved it yet. They are obviously processing Sheffield utd refund separately (despite previously saying both would be processed together) as website only shows refund for 1 game (assuming man utd). 

I still haven't received my refund for the Newcastle game let alone Man Utd.  Time for a phone call methinks.

26 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I still haven't received my refund for the Newcastle game let alone Man Utd.  Time for a phone call methinks.

So far I have received four refunds; two separate single payments in October and one double payment in early November. These would be Spurs, WBA, Everton and Newcastle. Still awaiting Manchester United and Sheffield United.

On 14/12/2020 at 12:54, Whitey Grandad said:

I called the ticket office this afternoon and they confirmed that I had been sent all my due refunds. I had missed one back in October. The Newcastle refund was processed with the West Brom one on the 2nd November which was before the game was actually played. Refunds for Man Utd and Sheffield Utd are being processed at the moment.

I asked about arrangements for Shrewsbury and was told that they are still under discussion.

Think have too, but it doesn't explicitly say you have succeeded in the ballot but "thank you for booking" etc. Need to go to my account to confirm.  If I do hope I'm not Ms. Kiss O'Death for the result..

Edit: now I'm not sure. What is the format of the email/your booking page if you have been successful - there's no ticket available for me to download?

Edited by suewhistle

On 13/12/2020 at 07:00, oldsarum said:

You can’t pass ticket on to someone else, photo I’d required to access the ground, better to choose to opt out. Nb my time for arrival a bit more reasonable at 11.15

I have my ticket, and my brother's ticket care of me. My brother isn't in the area, can I take my son instead?

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Think have too, but it doesn't explicitly say you have succeeded in the ballot but "thank you for booking" etc. Need to go to my account to confirm.  If I do hope I'm not Ms. Kiss O'Death for the result..

Edit: now I'm not sure. What is the format of the email/your booking page if you have been successful - there's no ticket available for me to download?

Sorted it - you have to go to 'purchase history'. You will have two adjacent seats - presumably one being the one left empty

• Like 1

Thanks. Ticket printed off but in the less than ideal back of block 27 needing binoculars compared with my normal Itchen seat. Driving instead of train, not meeting friends and bottled beer* when I get home instead of pre-match pub anaesthesia will make it a strange experience. At least it's a 3 o'clock KO. Promise to make a noise though!:-)

* or celebratory prosecco..

Edited by suewhistle

So, still unsuccessful in the ballot.

So, i am guessing that I will almost certainly get one for West Ham, Liverpool or Arsenal, so you think that would be enough games to get back to square one?

I hope they are not including the reserve game in the FA Cup, wonder how they are going to manage selling 1600 tickets?

29 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

So, i am guessing that I will almost certainly get one for West Ham, Liverpool or Arsenal, so you think that would be enough games to get back to square one?

I hope they are not including the reserve game in the FA Cup, wonder how they are going to manage selling 1600 tickets?

Remember that in reality its 1300 odd tickets go in the ballot after they've taken out corporate and the uber fans so if there are 10,000 season ticket holders those next three games you list will only take it up to about 7,000 succesfull in the ballot. You may have to wait until Villa.....or Wolves 🙁

31 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

99% certain the FA Cup will be done differently and separately. Anyone who's had a ticket for the Sheffield United or Man City games will be back in the pot for any potential ballot for Shrewsbury - guess they'll let everyone in the two priority groups buy a ticket (perhaps not everyone takes up their option for that one, though), expect corporate takeup would be down a bit too, so there might even be more ballot tickets available for season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Remember that in reality its 1300 odd tickets go in the ballot after they've taken out corporate and the uber fans so if there are 10,000 season ticket holders those next three games you list will only take it up to about 7,000 succesfull in the ballot. You may have to wait until Villa.....or Wolves 🙁

numbers entered in ballots will reduce due to new Tier 3 categories, we a fair number of Season Ticket holders, from Berkshire, Surrey and Gosport, Havant etc. area. A mate of mine from Hertfordshire who had ticket will not be allowed in ground for Man City, and others from areas stated above plus London will not be allowed to attend, so possibility that some more Man City Tickets might be made available now .

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

Yeah but many aren’t eligible because of where they live and some have opted out. So pretty confident it will spin after Arsenal game. 

4 minutes ago, oldsarum said:

numbers entered in ballots will reduce due to new Tier 3 categories, we a fair number of Season Ticket holders, from Berkshire, Surrey and Gosport, Havant etc. area. A mate of mine from Hertfordshire who had ticket will not be allowed in ground for Man City, and others from areas stated above plus London will not be allowed to attend, so possibility that some more Man City Tickets might be made available now .

Feel sorry for those who will now miss out, We've got loads in Surrey as well. 

Thing is tickets are already issued for Saturday, not sure how the club are going to go through all the post codes working out who they can cancel in time to issue them to others, what a bloody mess this nonsense is. Hospitals aren't even full in many of these areas, protect the NHS , flatten the curve, all a big con. 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

Thing is tickets are already issued for Saturday, not sure how the club are going to go through all the post codes working out who they can cancel in time to issue them to others, what a bloody mess this nonsense is. Hospitals aren't even full in many of these areas, protect the NHS , flatten the curve, all a big con. 

Yes mate. That's going to take some work for the club. Simon's in Surrey. He had my tickets in his account. I guess he can give me his login so I can print mine out but it's all so last minute. 

39 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

So, 14 days is up and I've still not had my man utd refund. Anyone else still waiting? Second refund im going to have to chase - not the pain free process I was hoping for.......

When I rang the ticket office on Tuesday I was told that they are processing the next two refunds now. Man Utd and Sheff utd

3 hours ago, JRM said:

Thing is tickets are already issued for Saturday, not sure how the club are going to go through all the post codes working out who they can cancel in time to issue them to others, what a bloody mess this nonsense is.

Yep. I'm just a couple of hundred yards from West Sussex but am in Havant Borough and my ticket is already printed. As it happens my ladies team were due to play a Southampton based team on Sunday and that has been called off due to _them_ having a case of Covid..  So do I out myself to the club, will someone else get the chance to go? If they don't everybody loses out. A slight legal and moral dilemma..

Important edit: just seen this in an email, so at least I get a refund..:

Please be aware that if you live in an area that has been placed in Tier 3 of the government’s local restriction tier system, including Portsmouth, Gosport, Havant and parts of Surrey, you will not be able to attend this match. Please email tickets@saintsfc.co.uk to arrange a refund.

Edited by suewhistle

Sounds like the club are expecting fans to contact them rather than actually cancelling tickets, personally I'd probably still try to go to the game but can see why others wouldn't with potential hassle. 

The whole country will be in under tier 3 restrictions or worse in January with this lockdown addicted  corrupt govt so make the most of going whilst you can. 

• Like 1

On 18/12/2020 at 17:01, IFHP said:

I live in Gosport and filled out the form today and said that i didnt live in a tier 3 area as today i don't.

Had an email back saying my ticket will not be activated - i was going to chance it. 

Stay in Gosport ya germ bag! 😉

39 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I didn’t have my ID checked, but a funny looking steward did measure my inside leg and give a a full pat down. I wasn’t expecting that.

My ID was checked, but the Covid form thing was just a "have you filled it out" question rather than having to provide proof. 

We were Blue Gate, turned up at 1400 as per the ticket but there were no queues at all, to be fair we could have probably wandered in 10 mins before kick off.

Entry to the ground was very simple, ID partially-checked, no queue.

It was nice to be back and I was fortunate to make the draw for game two but....it's an odd experience. 

A bit like watching a reserve game, yes there was atmosphere but it's pretty quiet and relaxed.

As for people who choose to sit in Row F regularly, you can't see half of what's happening across the pitch! 😊

15 hours ago, The Cat said:

My ID was checked, but the Covid form thing was just a "have you filled it out" question rather than having to provide proof. 

We were Blue Gate, turned up at 1400 as per the ticket but there were no queues at all, to be fair we could have probably wandered in 10 mins before kick off.

On the email that I received. it said that the Health Questionnaire had to be filled out and submitted no more than 48 hours, and no less than 12 hours before the game or my ticket wouldn't be activated. I assume it was the same for everybody??