2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

1 hour ago, haddock22 said:

Wow.that was quick.maybe all 23000 season ticket holders should email the ticket office if it's that quick!

I think it's luck of the draw, I phoned last week when others were getting refunded over the phone,  to be told it would be in my account today. When I checked this morning  to find no refund, I again called the TO and got the recorded message someone mentioned earlier. I banged off an email straight away, but just got back an auto response,  saying they will endeavour to respond within 2 days.

Maybe they just don't like me 🙁.

Now 6pm & nowt arrived, so nothing happening today. Have to say, somewhat disappointed.

EDIT - well I just checked again (11.20pm), and I have had 2 matches refunded. Better than nothing, but really, Man City should be there too as that is past 2 weeks now, and maybe West Ham as well.  This is all Mickey Mouse by the club. 

Edited by angelman

5 minutes ago, Eric The Red said:

Ditto mine also arrived today, can't believe they actually 'pushed the button' to send to the banks until Dec 31st

I really hope they process the next batch of refunds in one hit - would suggest they process refunds for 5 games Man city, West ham, Liverpool, Arsenal & Villa - I know they had previously indicated 3 games but no reason why they can't do more after Monday's announcement). That takes us upto home fixtures until the end of Jan (this is a minimum expectation as we all know we are not returning anytime soon). Let's see what happens..................

2 hours ago, DJ_TOAST said:

I've had no money refunded since 3rd Nov, bit of a joke really.
Tried calling and they're only taking emails, so email it is. 

Just scrolled through online statements, my last refund was around then,  but even then it didn't tally. I have sent an email on advice from other posters. Update 34 minute response time, thank James.

Edited by Toussaint

24 minutes ago, whelk said:

I have had 6 of 9 games refunded. Not overly bothered but that ‘promise’ wasn’t worth a wank

Same, don't get why I was refunded for some games weeks in advance and then others that happened weeks ago I haven't been refunded. Not that bothered as I would have been happy for them to keep the whole lot as a credit for next season, managing this is just hassle.

• Like 1

It is disappointing that the club give an undertaking to refund within 14 days of the game and cannot stick to it. Let's face it, it is an abuse of the good will of their customers. They give an undertaking in order to sell the season tickets, and then they don't stick to what they say. And frankly, the silence on this from the club just exacerbates things. Like @Katalinic and @whelk I'm not overly bothered (as I know the money will come back at some stage), but it's the principle of it.

And as a total aside, I find the £2.50 credit card charge to be petty, and I damn well want that refunded as well 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_TOAST said:

Still had no payments since 3rd Nov and no response to my email at the start of this week. 

I hope they will be on the phone next week so I can waste my time chasing them. 

You can now get a full refund for the whole balance outstanding. 

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-01-15/southampton-fc-refunds-for-202021-season-tickets

Seems sensible. The admin was getting too much. We get the option of a refund or carry forward to next season. If spectators are allowed back this season, priority still given to those who bought season tickets, paying per game or deducted from c/f balance 

32 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Seems sensible. The admin was getting too much. We get the option of a refund or carry forward to next season. If spectators are allowed back this season, priority still given to those who bought season tickets, paying per game or deducted from c/f balance 

I have been very critical of the club upto this point (late refunds etc) but fair play- this seems the sensible thing to do. 

• Like 1

SFC have behaved impeccably throughout this pandemic and what a pleasure to be able to attend the home game against Sheffield United. A real ray of sunshine and it was easy to witness the joy of the players, management and fans at the end of the game.

I'm going to carry the money forward to next season on the assumption that it will help the club. They deserve it and it is a small gesture.

• Like 5

On 04/01/2021 at 16:33, ant said:

They'd be significantly better off flipping the workload 'round - refund the remainder of all STs now, and process per-match payments as-and-when people get to attend. Assuming anybody actually does get to before the end of the season.

We know people from the club are monitoring this... Make your lives easier... 👀

Called it. 😏

Simply makes far more sense.

Regardless of the argument over whether they should've sold season tickets in the first place, I commend them for adjusting the plan. The original was clearly no longer fit for purpose.

I think that I'll take the refund on the basis that there is still a lot of uncertainty hovering over the coming months !

Who knows what will transpire for next season and they have confirmed that current ST's will get continuation if desired so that's good enough for me !

👍

I've read the email and I'm a little confused, as the instructions aren't clear (unless I'm missing something).

Do we as ST holders need to apply for the full refund, (i.e. do we need to contact the ticket office, or log into the on-line ticket portal etc.), or will the lump sum just land in our bank accounts at some point in the coming weeks?

7 minutes ago, StDunko said:

I've read the email and I'm a little confused, as the instructions aren't clear (unless I'm missing something).

Do we as ST holders need to apply for the full refund, (i.e. do we need to contact the ticket office, or log into the on-line ticket portal etc.), or will the lump sum just land in our bank accounts at some point in the coming weeks?

I've just realised I mis-read part of it.  The article on the OS states:

"The club will be contacting Season Ticket holders directly via their registered email address during the week commencing Monday 8th February to explain the full options available to them and the next steps to take."

Initially I read that as the club will be emailing us W/c 8th Jan, not Feb, and I though that was a refernece to the email I'd just received.  

So I await that email (and any interim refunds for the Man City, West Ham and Liverpool games).

Why the fuck didn’t they do that in the first place, instead of this ridiculous automatic  refund per game. Any halfwit could see that automatically refunding people per game was going to lead to cock ups. Personally, if I was the big chief in the ticket office, I’d have given people 3 options after I’d taken their money. 
1. Money carried forward till next season.

2. Refund at end of season.

3. Refund per game, but you have to ring up and request it.

On 16/01/2021 at 18:39, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why the fuck didn’t they do that in the first place, instead of this ridiculous automatic  refund per game. Any halfwit could see that automatically refunding people per game was going to lead to cock ups. Personally, if I was the big chief in the ticket office, I’d have given people 3 options after I’d taken their money. 
1. Money carried forward till next season.

2. Refund at end of season.

3. Refund per game, but you have to ring up and request it.

Way too sensible

18 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Anyone had City, Liverpool and West Ham refunds yet (apparently processed 12/01) or an email about refund of the season ticket in full? As it stand I havent had either. 

No to the first part, I guess they are now holding off until the full refund is offered? As to part 2, the communication  from the club stated they would be making contact first week of Feb, so hopefully we will hear next week.

33 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

No to the first part, I guess they are now holding off until the full refund is offered? As to part 2, the communication  from the club stated they would be making contact first week of Feb, so hopefully we will hear next week.

Me neither. I was hoping for a refund of the last three games before deciding on my February options. From the club on Friday 5th January,

"The club has already processed pro rata refunds to all Season Ticket holders for the first six home fixtures for the 2020/21 season, with refunds for the Manchester City, West Ham United and Liverpool matches being processed for fans that didn’t attend those games."

22 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

I got a refund of two games this morning, so that'll cover West Ham and Liverpool - I went to the Man City game so obviously nothing due for that one.

that's my theory out of the window, had an email 3 weeks ago saying they had been processed, didn't get it, so jumped to the conclusion above.

I received the refund for the last 3 matches yesterday which surprised me as I thought the total outstanding balance for the season was coming in mid Feb !

In summary, I've now had 9 games sorted and 10 more to be credited within the next couple of weeks or so !

Given all the discounts on merchandise that I've had, including extra shirts for free (the changed sponsor ones!) I'm happy that I bought my ST in the first place !

Also a nice little way of saving as I will have received £570 into my account unexpectedly 😇

Seriously, Tuesday's result could have big financial implications with fans taking decisions over demanding refunds or carrying over balances. 

Could push more to wanting their money back: not good for the club's cash flow when things are already so difficult.

8 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Seriously, Tuesday's result could have big financial implications with fans taking decisions over demanding refunds or carrying over balances. 

Could push more to wanting their money back: not good for the club's cash flow when things are already so difficult.

Absolutely, terrible timing from a PR perspective. 

It's going to be interesting how this pans put over time, small sample but I know 3 season ticket holders in their late 60s / 70s who have renewed year after year out of habit, they were already disillusioned with regular kick off time changes and quite often missed midweek games, now they've not been to a game for 12 months and don't have sky to watch the games all 3 are much less interested and have definitely got out of the habit. More likely to take a refund than keep cash as a credit for next season. 

If clubs put prices up next season to plug a gap in the finances they could get a shock when it comes to ticket renewals. 

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

It's going to be interesting how this pans put over time, small sample but I know 3 season ticket holders in their late 60s / 70s who have renewed year after year out of habit, they were already disillusioned with regular kick off time changes and quite often missed midweek games, now they've not been to a game for 12 months and don't have sky to watch the games all 3 are much less interested and have definitely got out of the habit. More likely to take a refund than keep cash as a credit for next season. 

If clubs put prices up next season to plug a gap in the finances they could get a shock when it comes to ticket renewals. 

I think the “getting out of the habit” must be one of all clubs biggest concerns. Doing something different for a week or two is one thing but when you are filling that time differently for over a year it’s going to be a big effort for many people to get back into the swing of it.

Given the ongoing Covid restrictions etc.. I'm pretty sure that most will take the refund now and decide nearer the time whether/not to renew for next season !

That's what I'm doing but if everything looks good in advance of the August kick-off (I will have had two jabs by then as will many others) I'll start again !

It's not forever, just makes sense to keep your options open IMO !

1 hour ago, JRM said:

I'm in my 70s and could easily say it's less hassle to watch on TV. But I'm actually getting very bored with wall-to-wall TV football and long to get back to the real experience of being there.

For me it's the day out, meeting friends, a few pints, visits to away grounds, the atmosphere at the match.

Saints have given me huge pleasure (as well as frustration and pain) over the years. For all my loathing of the over-bloated finances and pay of players and the prioritisation of the PL as a global brand, I will do whatever small thing I can to support them through this. So I'll be leaving my ST balance against whenever we can get back. I'm fortunate not to be needing the refund so I'll help the cash flow and enjoy a cheap ST when the time comes!

Edited by Shroppie
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

I'm in my 70s and could easily say it's less hassle to watch on TV. But I'm actually getting very bored with wall-to-wall TV football and long to get back to the real experience of being there.

For me it's the day out, meeting friends, a few pints, visits to away grounds, the atmosphere at the match.

Saints have given me huge pleasure (as well as frustration and pain) over the years. For all my loathing of the over-bloated finances and pay of players and the prioritisation of the PL as a global brand, I will do whatever small thing I can to support them through this. So I'll be leaving my ST balance against whenever we can get back. I'm fortunate not to be needing the refund so I'll help the cash flow and enjoy a cheap ST when the time comes!

There is nothing to beat the live, match day experience for me. The walk to and from the ground, the texture and green-ness of the pitch, the spontaneous roar from the crowd. I hope that will be one of my deathbed recollections.