2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

17 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

But I'm actually getting very bored with wall-to-wall TV football and long to get back to the real experience of being there.

Likewise. It was great at the start of Project Restart because we'd gone months without watching anything that wasn't the Belarusian Premier League, and in years gone by if there was a game on and I was home, I'd pretty much always watch it, but it's just got really tedious. I don't know whether that's a slight result of our form having tailed off and the drain of enthusiasm that we had in December when we were top at half-time in the Arsenal away game, but I'm definitely finding the games less interesting, even though I don't always have anything better to do.

14 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Likewise. It was great at the start of Project Restart because we'd gone months without watching anything that wasn't the Belarusian Premier League, and in years gone by if there was a game on and I was home, I'd pretty much always watch it, but it's just got really tedious. I don't know whether that's a slight result of our form having tailed off and the drain of enthusiasm that we had in December when we were top at half-time in the Arsenal away game, but I'm definitely finding the games less interesting, even though I don't always have anything better to do.

100% this. I just don't feel fully engaged watching it. I don't want to miss any of our games, but feel increasingly disconnected from what I'm seeing.

Even with that Leicester match, give me attendance person - with inclement weather swirling round the bowl of the stadium - but actually living through it.
Even with the VAR decisions going against us, I'd prefer to be within a throng of thousands of our own, vocally and animatedly protesting.

And that's why I can't comprehend choosing to solely watch at home as a fan, given the choice and means.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I'm in my 70s and could easily say it's less hassle to watch on TV. But I'm actually getting very bored with wall-to-wall TV football and long to get back to the real experience of being there.

For me it's the day out, meeting friends, a few pints, visits to away grounds, the atmosphere at the match.

Saints have given me huge pleasure (as well as frustration and pain) over the years. For all my loathing of the over-bloated finances and pay of players and the prioritisation of the PL as a global brand, I will do whatever small thing I can to support them through this. So I'll be leaving my ST balance against whenever we can get back. I'm fortunate not to be needing the refund so I'll help the cash flow and enjoy a cheap ST when the time comes!

Likewise. There were five live matches on TV last night and I couldn’t be bothered to watch any of them.

Similar to comments above. I watch Saints games still but hardly any of the other games. They will probably be on but only in the background whilst I do other stuff. 

I can't wait to get back to going to a game.  Once again for a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football.

Will be rolling over my balance as I don't need the money right now so happy to leave it where it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I'm in my 70s and could easily say it's less hassle to watch on TV. But I'm actually getting very bored with wall-to-wall TV football and long to get back to the real experience of being there.

For me it's the day out, meeting friends, a few pints, visits to away grounds, the atmosphere at the match.

Saints have given me huge pleasure (as well as frustration and pain) over the years. For all my loathing of the over-bloated finances and pay of players and the prioritisation of the PL as a global brand, I will do whatever small thing I can to support them through this. So I'll be leaving my ST balance against whenever we can get back. I'm fortunate not to be needing the refund so I'll help the cash flow and enjoy a cheap ST when the time comes!

Same as you (except not in my 70's) - and the wall to wall footie these last 2 weeks especially has suddenly become numbingly boring.

I've been going down the Saints for 44 years, it has become an addiction. I have had the odd period where, work, the arrival of children, (15% interest rates on the mortgage) have shifted the priority and my regular attendance has been curtailed. Watched absolute rubbish week in week out but still had my day out at the weekend to look forward too. There was once 4 of us who would go home and sometimes away together, the turnstile was a time machine when we clicked through onto the concourse we were 14 again, ribbing each other and laughing at complete cobblers until we had to go home at full time. Alas since being in the Premier League again one by one they have walked away mostly disillusioned by the product of the league. All of them found it hard in August but by the end of October/November the overiding desire to go had passed in them. Bizarrely its been Mrs JBS who has stopped me going the same way as them, she is footie mad, and knows her onions so enjoys the day out too.

Like has been said, there is a danger that those ST holders who don't have Sky or BT might well have also crossed that threshold my mates have.

As I have said earlier in this thread, fortunately going to football isn't a considered purchase these day, and the money in our heads has been spent, and like you it just makes next season cheaper if it comes. 

• Like 2

I agree with those who are bored of watching the games,  I've got sky BT and Amazon as thought in lockdown it's something to watch at least  but endless games behind closed doors with idiot commentators has even turned me off that. 

Others I know who don't have sky or BT have hardly watched any football at all in a year, those are the ones who must feel removed from it all. 

I don't feel the desire to be back in the stadium as such and not sure about season ticket next year, but really missing away days, would love to be getting to Kings Cross early Saturday, looking up at the departure board to see which platform the 8.30 Newcastle  service is leaving from,  few cans for the journey , bumping into a few faces you've not seen for a while, head over to the pub across the road on arrival, maybe even stay up and do the night out down the Quayside , would be magic, feels like a distant memory doing stuff like that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I agree with those who are bored of watching the games,  I've got sky BT and Amazon as thought in lockdown it's something to watch at least  but endless games behind closed doors with idiot commentators has even turned me off that. 

Others I know who don't have sky or BT have hardly watched any football at all in a year, those are the ones who must feel removed from it all. 

I don't feel the desire to be back in the stadium as such and not sure about season ticket next year, but really missing away days, would love to be getting to Kings Cross early Saturday, looking up at the departure board to see which platform the 8.30 Newcastle  service is leaving from,  few cans for the journey , bumping into a few faces you've not seen for a while, head over to the pub across the road on arrival, maybe even stay up and do the night out down the Quayside , would be magic, feels like a distant memory doing stuff like that. 

Good post. I'll definitely renew my season tickets but they aren't the games that excite me. It's trips like you describe that I miss so much. We'll be back to proper aways next season.

13 hours ago, JRM said:

I feel all of that too, although, despite it sometimes being the stressful part of the day, or the 90 mins that mars the day, I miss being part of St Mary's. But being in a small, passionate away section is different again.

You call 8:30 from Kings Cross early? 😉 It's the 6:27 for me, home at midnight - and that's home games! Looking at it now, it seems mad and I wonder if I'll want to get back to it, but I will.

14 hours ago, JRM said:

100% agree - it's the away games I will miss the most too.

Yet, sadly, I think the away fans will be the last ones back in! I just don't see it happening until mid-2022. 

16 hours ago, JRM said:

Wonderful. Newcastle is easily the best away of the season. It’s gutting not to be travelling up later this afternoon. 

On 04/02/2021 at 13:22, John D said:

Similar to comments above. I watch Saints games still but hardly any of the other games. They will probably be on but only in the background whilst I do other stuff. 

I can't wait to get back to going to a game.  Once again for a great day out ruined by 90 minutes of football.

Will be rolling over my balance as I don't need the money right now so happy to leave it where it is. 

Absolutely this. 

22 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Are you still gutted? 

Well I’d do anything at the moment for a weekend on the piss with a few mates. The football? It’s never just been about that but it did cross my mind on Sunday morning that I was glad not to be on the A1!

Edited by LGTL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LGTL said:

Well I’d do anything at the moment for a weekend on the piss with a few mates. The football? It’s never just been about that but it did cross my mind on Sunday morning that I was glad not to be on the A1!

Same as that, never let the football ruin a good away day!

2 hours ago, eurosaint said:

Now Thursday 11th and no sign of an email asking what I want (refund or continuation !).

Given that they said w/c 8th Feb it should come any minute, I assume !

No panic but I like them to do what they committed for.... 

They’re probably waiting until tomorrow now, hoping we get a win tonight to get some of the feel-good factor back. 

• Like 1

Update on the OS within the past half an hour - https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-02-12/southampton-fc-how-to-rollover-or-refund-your-season-ticket

Looks like e-mails to be sent out to 'lead bookers' by tomorrow with a straight choice between a refund or having the outstanding value added as a credit to your ticket account to use on future purchases.

Think the reason it's that simple is due to the credit already having been applied to everyone's accounts. Even before taking any action, if you log in you'll see it's there.

It's only if you wish to take up the refund that there's more to do - because they'll be manually removing the credit and processing it back as a lump-sum refund.

Edited by ant

Makes complete sense to leave it as a credit , I'll be using mine towards semi final / final ticket for socially distanced Wembley allocation. 

There's a chance a couple of our May home games will have limited crowds as well. 

On 04/02/2021 at 21:59, The Cat said:

Good post. I'll definitely renew my season tickets but they aren't the games that excite me. It's trips like you describe that I miss so much. We'll be back to proper aways next season.

Are we really football fans or just fans of a day on the piss?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Being both is the best way to be! Loving both helps when you only get one or the other. Driving to a loss and driving home again is absolute misery. Going to a loss and getting smashed afterwards, not bad. Winning and getting pissed...well...:poundit:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Received mine, refund requested. Better in my account than theirs. Not even confident of returning for the first part of next season with it being suggested social distancing will be in place until autumn. 

My reasoning too for requesting the refund. 

Edited by bazza

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

It's both. We could have a great day out on the piss at the cricket but it doesn't compare to football. 

Nothing beats an away game, 3 points and plenty more pints. 

34 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I hade my emails today too and I think I’ll leave the money on account. I’d like to think there would be some sort of incentive such as a modest discount for next season though, whenever that is.

That's what I did. Saves having to pay for ours in full again in 4 or 5 months. 

10 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I hade my emails today too and I think I’ll leave the money on account. I’d like to think there would be some sort of incentive such as a modest discount for next season though, whenever that is.

You may be right about incentives but I reckon they'll be pretty desperate to get the numbers up so will put all former ST holders in the same bracket !

Either way, it's not a financial issue for me, I'm just keeping an open mind in an ever-changing world !

COYS 😇

11 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Don't think they can - it there are any negative consequences to requesting a refund they should have outlined that now.......