2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

Pretty shambolic,.

I tried to order a ticket where I usually sit (Kingsland Premium), gives me a ticket number, go through to complete and it says either a ticket already allocated or not eligible. Try a few times same message. So times out. Go for it again, and all those tickets gone. So book somewhere else and it works. Can anyone upgrade themselves or does the type of ST you have limit to what is on offer?

Edited by angelman

2 minutes ago, macca155 said:

I left it alone in the end and it refreshed on its own, mind bit of a shock having to pay for tickets.

6pm start is a bit sharp

if Sheff Utd or Man City games are anything to go by you might be required to be a ground by 4.30PM  !

What a pile of dogshit! You try for a couple of categories only to be told 'none available - guess again". After several goes at gradually working your way around the ground I finally managed to get a couple in row EE somewhere up at the ends of the Itchen. I wanted to apply one to my 18 year old grandson so I created a supporter account for him as friends and family but he has an asterisk against his name for some reason. I'll try to sort out the name on the ticket later.

I read somewhere that they will be asking for proof of ID but from previous experience is that going to be necessary? 

17 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I cannot believe that any of you are scrambling for tickets to watch the dross on offer at SMS these days. Must be that you've been locked up for too long.

And yet here you are, on a shit team's forum having a go at people that want to go to a football match. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

I cannot believe that any of you are scrambling for tickets to watch the dross on offer at SMS these days. Must be that you've been locked up for too long.

I've seen plenty of dross over the years and this isn't it. Besides, my club, thick or thin.

Or in our case, my club thin or thin.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

Just now, Saint Garrett said:

Has anyone been able to get tickets for someone else on their account, friend and family? We're both eligible, but can't allocate second ticket, odd...

Yes, there is a drop down box listing your friends and family. I was able to buy one for my other ticket but there was an asterisk against a newly created one for my grandson. 

1 minute ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes, there is a drop down box listing your friends and family. I was able to buy one for my other ticket but there was an asterisk against a newly created one for my grandson. 

Yeah - they're eligible but greyed out so I can't click on them....so irritating...

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yeah - they're eligible but greyed out so I can't click on them....so irritating...

I just clicked the ones it enabled me to, the system is rubbish. Might be a problem if they are checking ID but they have had months to get this sorted

14 minutes ago, StDunko said:

I managed to buy a ticket. Block 17 AA.

But I cant print the ticket.

I get a message saying questionnaire not completed...  What questionnaire?

I went to the Sheff Utd game and they sent out a questionnaire based on Covid (have you been in contact with anyone who’s tested positive etc.) a few days before the game. It could be that? 

although don’t know why you’d need to answer that to print a ticket? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Saint-Reece said:

I went to the Sheff Utd game and they sent out a questionnaire based on Covid (have you been in contact with anyone who’s tested positive etc.) a few days before the game. It could be that? 

although don’t know why you’d need to answer that to print a ticket? 🤔

The club haven't actually said what will be required yet from what I can see , but website mentions tickets available to download from 72 hours before again so will be linked to questionnaire (which is just to confirm you don't have covid or have been in contact with someone) and perhaps they are still making a decision on staggered arrival times , it was bad enough to ask some to arrive from 10am for the Sunday midday ko against Sheff Utd but this could be worse for those who might have to take time off work to get to St Mary's for 4pm on a Tuesday! 

For all of those who can't print their ticket 

Click this link to the official site and scroll down towards the bottom and there is a video to tell you everything you need to know if you are successful in getting a ticket. They may drive us up the wall in the Ticket Office sometimes, but I thought that this was rather concise and pretty much idiot proof.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-05-10/southampton-fc-return-to-st-marys-leeds-united-tickets-on-sale

4 hours ago, Scummer said:

I just clicked the ones it enabled me to, the system is rubbish. Might be a problem if they are checking ID but they have had months to get this sorted

We ended up booking 3 single tickets on our own in the same block, which is crap cos it means we're taking up more space in the ground.
We're now going to email them to try and move us so we can sit together. The system is appalling, and there is no excuses for it.

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

For all of those who can't print their ticket 

Click this link to the official site and scroll down towards the bottom and there is a video to tell you everything you need to know if you are successful in getting a ticket. They may drive us up the wall in the Ticket Office sometimes, but I thought that this was rather concise and pretty much idiot proof.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2021-05-10/southampton-fc-return-to-st-marys-leeds-united-tickets-on-sale

Many thanks!

My mate who went to the City game also has just purchased a seat, Block 27, the centre blocks and wings were sold out, just showing the end blocks available, could be we do not sell out all of the seats with ST holders, will Members get a chance then!

Don't think we have any members so would just be database, to sell out to season ticket holders we need just over half of all season ticket holders to take up option to buy, bound to be plenty put off by hassle of such an early kick off on a Tuesday plus all the other Covid restrictions,  then add in our poor form not surprising demand isn't high. 

Forgot about this until about two minutes ago and checked my emails. Clicked on the link, took me in and had bought a ticket in less than a minute.  It's in block 47/48 which vague memory tells me is where the away supporters usually are? Now I've got to remind myself when the game actually is! Earlier today I had my second vaccination so every little increment on the safety aspect helps. Even the concourses are well ventilated so I think the risk will be minimal but as in all things in life you can't eliminate them completely but just take sensible precautions.

4 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Forgot about this until about two minutes ago and checked my emails. Clicked on the link, took me in and had bought a ticket in less than a minute.  It's in block 47/48 which vague memory tells me is where the away supporters usually are? Now I've got to remind myself when the game actually is! Earlier today I had my second vaccination so every little increment on the safety aspect helps. Even the concourses are well ventilated so I think the risk will be minimal but as in all things in life you can't eliminate them completely but just take sensible precautions.

Next Tuesday 18th at 18:00 ;)

I will probably have to collect my grandson straight from sixth form college. He is in the middle of exams of some sort,

Cheers! 🙂  My usual procedure is to leave the pub with my friends at about 20 minutes to kick off (various pubs apply!) but this game it will be more like checking in at Gatwick so a fair bit more planning to do. A right pain for anybody still working.. I'll be missing football training but as they're all Pompey supporters they can't afford to give me too much grief!

The web site states that photo ID is required as well as the tickets. Both of my season tickets are in my name (and therefore I'm assuming these tickets will be), but my father uses the other one. Is that going to be an issue do you think when we get there? 

3 hours ago, fairoakjon said:

The web site states that photo ID is required as well as the tickets. Both of my season tickets are in my name (and therefore I'm assuming these tickets will be), but my father uses the other one. Is that going to be an issue do you think when we get there? 

I’d like to know too. My other ticket is historically in my wife’s name but I usually take my grandson. For this match I paid the full price for the second ticket but the website wouldn’t let me allocate it against my grandson’s supporter number. I think I’ll have to give them a call.

He’s 18 but I don’t even know if he has photo ID. How many people do?

47 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

If he's 18 he might have one of those "I'm old enough to drink cards".. Whether that will be sufficient is another matter.

I’ll contact him over the weekend, he might have a student card. I’ve still got to get the ticket reassigned though.

What proportion of supporters are going to have ID anyway?

12 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

What proportion of supporters are going to have ID anyway?

I doubt they’ll let anyone in without it. I’d imagine the Government laid down the rules and they’ll need to be strictly adhered to. The clubs won’t want stories emerging of somebody getting into a game on someone else’s ticket and they didn’t check ID. They’ll want to know exactly who is in the ground. 

Does anybody know the likely routine for getting into the game? Will it be like the games between lockdowns where you had a specific gate and very specific entry time? Or, more like normal and just turn up as you wish? I'm hoping and assuming the latter, but haven't seen anything concrete either way.

8 minutes ago, RobM said:

Does anybody know the likely routine for getting into the game? Will it be like the games between lockdowns where you had a specific gate and very specific entry time? Or, more like normal and just turn up as you wish? I'm hoping and assuming the latter, but haven't seen anything concrete either way.

Most of the information is here:https://www.southamptonfc.com/visitor-info/return-to-stadium/rts-leeds

2 hours ago, RobM said:

From what I've seen, the former. Personal gate and arrival time details should be defined when the tickets are released.

16 minutes ago, ant said:

From what I've seen, the former. Personal gate and arrival time details should be defined when the tickets are released.

Yeah, I saw somewhere that preferred arrival times will be confirmed with tickets. 

This is from FAQs re designated gates:

Which Entrance should I use to get to my seat?

For this match, our usual turnstiles are not in use. This is to ensure you are not entering/pushing through turnstiles used by other supporters and to extend our concourses to help with ventilation. There will be four entrances that are set up around the stadium where hand scanners will be used. (see map). The relevant entrance for your block will be printed on your tickets. You must then enter via this gate.

Blocks 14-26 - Blue

Blocks 27-39 - Purple

Blocks 10-13 - Yellow

Blocks 1-4 & 40-48 - Pink