2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

43 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

Some just posted this on FB. Have no idea if genuine.

FB_IMG_1597855561042.jpg

Part of the announcement today about non-league soccer said attendances would be restricted to 15%. Very close to the 16% calculated on here for St Mary's.

If this is the way it is going our earlier guesses of 5000 at SMS will be nearer the mark.

So what are we thinking....say 15,000 STH this year?

Possibly 2-3000 will voluntarily not want to go because they're vulnerable...

Say 12,000 fighting for 8,000 odd tickets, hopeful we'll get to go to at least half the home games this season, and hopefully by the final third of the season we'll have some sort of vaccine, to allow stadiums to be full again?

19 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Part of the announcement today about non-league soccer said attendances would be restricted to 15%. Very close to the 16% calculated on here for St Mary's.

If this is the way it is going our earlier guesses of 5000 at SMS will be nearer the mark.

To clarify, the 15% figure for non-league is for the first two weeks, then it goes up to 30%. There's also the slight caveat that the 15%/30% is based on the minimum required capacity for ground grading at that level of football.

Taking Sholing as an example, they are in Step 4 of the National League System (i.e. the non-league pyramid, where the National League is Step 1), and the minimum capacity for grounds at that level is 1,350. 15% of that is 200, so that'll be their capacity for Stage 1 of the re-opening. Stage 2, from 31st August onwards, that capacity raises to 30%, so they'd then be allowed 400 in.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 09:46, Saint Garrett said:

So what are we thinking....say 15,000 STH this year?

Possibly 2-3000 will voluntarily not want to go because they're vulnerable...

Say 12,000 fighting for 8,000 odd tickets, hopeful we'll get to go to at least half the home games this season, and hopefully by the final third of the season we'll have some sort of vaccine, to allow stadiums to be full again?

Someone trustworthy (think it may have been Shroppie?) previously mentioned that 15-16,000 was around the figure of last year’s ST sales so highly unlikely to get near that this season (unless there's a significant relaxing of restrictions by December and half-ST tickets go on sale).

Even when they start allowing fans to return, for many there’ll be little desire to go if it's still heavily restricted with sparsely filled stands and no atmosphere (OK, only marginally worse than it has been!). Other than retaining your seat the only benefit I can see for renewing for most this season is the guarantee of a cup final ticket if fans are back/still going by then………and we got that far!

Edited by 100%Red&White

28 minutes ago, 100%Red&White said:

Someone trustworthy (think it may have been Shroppie?) previously mentioned that 15-16,000 was around the figure of last year’s ST sales so highly unlikely to get near that this season (unless there's a significant relaxing of restrictions by December and half-ST tickets go on sale).

Even when they start allowing fans to return, for many there’ll be little desire to go if it's still heavily restricted with sparsely filled stands and no atmosphere (OK, only marginally worse than it has been!). Other than retaining your seat the only benefit I can see for renewing for most this season is the guarantee of a cup final ticket if fans are back/still going by then………and we got that far!

Surely the main benefit to renew this year, is to give them the possibility of going to a few games this season? I can't see anyone who isn't a STH getting to go to a game this season, unless they lift the restrictions ?

2 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Surely the main benefit to renew this year, is to give them the possibility of going to a few games this season? I can't see anyone who isn't a STH getting to go to a game this season, unless they lift the restrictions ?

I know a few STHs that have already sacked off this season as sitting in a sterile stadium holds little appeal. Just as much fun to (easily) find a stream and watch for free.

Shame, why couldn’t this all have happened a couple of seasons back?!!

1 hour ago, alehouseboys said:

I know a few STHs that have already sacked off this season as sitting in a sterile stadium holds little appeal. Just as much fun to (easily) find a stream and watch for free.

Shame, why couldn’t this all have happened a couple of seasons back?!!

Yep. My mate has had a season ticket at the dell since he was five. He's sacking it off because there's no appeal for the reasons you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

You're right and some will want to go whatever and a season ticket will guarantee a number of games once restrictions are lifted to allow some fans back but I think there's plenty who will happy to give the season a swerve unless things return to a more normal day out at the football.

Some will renew but just turn down the offer of seats if they come out in the ballot if it feels more like attending a pre-season friendly in terms of crowd and atmosphere. Let's hope not too many get out of the habit, hopefully we'll all be itching to get back.

This may have been covered elsewhere on here, but despite all of the publicity pushing ST`s, the ticket office only seems to be open two days a week - Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My daughter had a query and filled in a form earlier this week for a call back and hasn't had one. I contacted them about clarifying something, emailed them. they asked when I would be available for a chat, I told them and they haven't responded to me either. They are not making renewal easy if you have a query....

17 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

This may have been covered elsewhere on here, but despite all of the publicity pushing ST`s, the ticket office only seems to be open two days a week - Tuesdays and Wednesdays. My daughter had a query and filled in a form earlier this week for a call back and hasn't had one. I contacted them about clarifying something, emailed them. they asked when I would be available for a chat, I told them and they haven't responded to me either. They are not making renewal easy if you have a query....

I think 'open' just means physically open on site. I had a call back last week from a ticket office employee working from his home. That was about 2 days after I filled in tbe 'contact me' form. (like many people I was renewing for more than just me and you can only get the discount for one person on line) 

Decided this morning to lump in on renewing, being in the privileged position that I don't mind the money being sat in the club. With that said, thought I'd spread the payment across a few instalments since the option's there. But when you select this at the Checkout it says you can't apply your 2019/20 credit.

Having scoured the initial sales emails and the season ticket FAQ on the OS, I can't see this mentioned anywhere.

I guess it's possible to work around that by both selecting the instalment plan and requesting a refund on last season's credit. Just seems needlessly convoluted.

13 minutes ago, ant said:

Decided this morning to lump in on renewing, being in the privileged position that I don't mind the money being sat in the club. With that said, thought I'd spread the payment across a few instalments since the option's there. But when you select this at the Checkout it says you can't apply your 2019/20 credit.

Having scoured the initial sales emails and the season ticket FAQ on the OS, I can't see this mentioned anywhere.

I guess it's possible to work around that by both selecting the instalment plan and requesting a refund on last season's credit. Just seems needlessly convoluted.

I think what happens is that the 'credit' you have is automatically deducted from your third payment. It's something the club do automatically I believe and you won't see it.

So you'd pay full price for the first two instalments, then the third instalment would be cheaper and with your credit deducted.

13 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I think what happens is that the 'credit' you have is automatically deducted from your third payment. It's something the club do automatically I believe and you won't see it.

So you'd pay full price for the first two instalments, then the third instalment would be cheaper and with your credit deducted.

Yep, just noticed this. The way it's worded, the club will manually adjust the final instalment to remove your credit. So in my case the last payment of £185.93 would instead be £73.93.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive that when you click the 'Use my balance of £ 112.00' checkbox it doesn't adjust the figure of the final instalment. Think that's what confused me.

1 hour ago, ant said:

Yep, just noticed this. The way it's worded, the club will manually adjust the final instalment to remove your credit. So in my case the last payment of £185.93 would instead be £73.93.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive that when you click the 'Use my balance of £ 112.00' checkbox it doesn't adjust the figure of the final instalment. Think that's what confused me.

Yes that is how it works. The wording is not clear. The ticket office did eventually ring me and I did it over the phone, but it is too late now to use the installment plan.

Does anyone know a way to get a response, I can not login to renew and the automated process does not send me a password and no-one is available to talk in ticket office, I have filled in form and emailed as well. Can we renew at the store in west Quay as that might be my only option if I cant get system access sorted? Any help/guidance appreciated

21 minutes ago, Lumypie said:

Does anyone know a way to get a response, I can not login to renew and the automated process does not send me a password and no-one is available to talk in ticket office, I have filled in form and emailed as well. Can we renew at the store in west Quay as that might be my only option if I cant get system access sorted? Any help/guidance appreciated

2 hours ago, Lumypie said:

I've had the same experience. God knows what's going on. I went online to renew my STs, only to find that you have to log on with user name and password. Password didn't work, but it explained that if you hadn't logged on since before July 13th 2020, you would have to apply for a new password, or some such rubbish. Click to apply and they send an email which you have to click to confirm and they will email an opportunity to change the password. Except that the email doesn't arrive, even after several attempts. It suggests that if you are having difficulties in logging into your account (that you used to have until they decided to change the password access to it), you can fill in a form and somebody will contact you within 2 days.

Fed up with this, I decided to go to the ticket office, but found them all closed. It wasn't until I got back home that I saw that tickets could be purchased from the Saints shop.

Now I read that the deadline for ST renewals has been extended by a day. 

This sort of inefficiency has me wondering whether they would have trouble organising a piss-up in a brewery.

So - I've renewed my season ticket. Just reading the small print it says a refund is granted if a game is played behind closed doors. What happens if a game is played with reduced capacity? Do I get a refund or will I get a code to watch on TV? I thought I would get a refund but starting to have doubts🤔 Any views?

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

So - I've renewed my season ticket. Just reading the small print it says a refund is granted if a game is played behind closed doors. What happens if a game is played with reduced capacity? Do I get a refund or will I get a code to watch on TV? I thought I would get a refund but starting to have doubts🤔 Any views?

Yep if a game is played to reduced capacity and you don’t manage to get in you will be given a pro-rated refund for that game.

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Yes ticket refund within 14 days  in either instance, this and other information added to website today

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-08-28/southampton-fc-return-to-st-marys-ticketing-and-safety

Main points of the update seem to be 

No season tickets issued yet. Individual tickets for those successful.

Different entry arrangements: tickets on phones or print at home read by hand- held scanners.

Will need to register social bubbles from at most two households.

One way system

Priority for tickets to "more frequent attenders", but all ST holders should get to some early games

Do people think ST holders would be able to opt out of the ballot or choose to put their ticket back in should they be successful but don't want to go/aren't able to go to that particular game?

Seeing as demand will surely be higher than supply you would imagine that would be the case but its not clear from the info released so far.

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Do people think ST holders would be able to opt out of the ballot or choose to put their ticket back in should they be successful but don't want to go/aren't able to go to that particular game?

Seeing as demand will surely be higher than supply you would imagine that would be the case but its not clear from the info released so far.

They've just confirmed that people can opt out if they wish to do so.

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They've just confirmed that people can opt out if they wish to do so.

Ths wording is a bit vague though. It suggests the opt out is for the initial matches as a block rather than on a match by match basis.

Would be silly if fans got tickets in the ballot (and given others will therefore miss out) and may not be able to go due to other commitments/stupid KO times for those of us travelling etc and then not have an option to feed them back in so someone else can take the seat.

These type of situations dont matter when capacity is full but would be frustrating if its very limited.

Hope its covered as you suggest.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 19:44, Shroppie said:

Main points of the update seem to be 

No season tickets issued yet. Individual tickets for those successful.

Different entry arrangements: tickets on phones or print at home read by hand- held scanners.

Will need to register social bubbles from at most two households.

One way system

Priority for tickets to "more frequent attenders", but all ST holders should get to some early games

Bubbles for two households is no good. About 10 of us and wwe are mates not families. 

is it going to be restricted to your area as well. So if pay for cheaper seat in wings then ballot will only include that area so could be quite uneven in ratio of STs to seats

43 minutes ago, whelk said:

Bubbles for two households is no good. About 10 of us and wwe are mates not families. 

is it going to be restricted to your area as well. So if pay for cheaper seat in wings then ballot will only include that area so could be quite uneven in ratio of STs to seats

At virtual meeting Shroppie and I attended they suggested you could allocated seats anywhere in ground and if cheaper than normal seat they would refund the difference

1 hour ago, oldsarum said:

At virtual meeting Shroppie and I attended they suggested you could allocated seats anywhere in ground and if cheaper than normal seat they would refund the difference

Well that’s a waste of time then. What’s the point?

The sooner we just open up the world again the better. Let’s all get on with our lives.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Well that’s a waste of time then. What’s the point?

The sooner we just open up the world again the better. Let’s all get on with our lives.

They're not free to do whatever they like. There's a social and legal responsibility to make the ground as safe as possible.

The point is there can be a gradual controlled return to crowds at games. And to answer Whelk, don't you need to realise that it can't just be a return to normal? And can't you accept a compromise in the interests of reducing risk?

Or is meeting up with all your mates (which you could still do elsewhere) to go to the game together more important than public health?

1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

They're not free to do whatever they like. There's a social and legal responsibility to make the ground as safe as possible.

The point is there can be a gradual controlled return to crowds at games. And to answer Whelk, don't you need to realise that it can't just be a return to normal? And can't you accept a compromise in the interests of reducing risk?

Or is meeting up with all your mates (which you could still do elsewhere) to go to the game together more important than public health?

I accept and understand that the club can only operate within official guidelines, I’m just saying that I don’t want to operate that way. 

In my view the country is still running scared and cowering behind its front doors. Medically there is not a problem and the pandemic is over but we still have the panicdemic.

I don’t have any mates nor do I need them. I go to games with my grandson. We are not a threat to anybody and nobody is a threat to us.

4 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Put it this way I wouldn’t bother attending a game if it wasn’t for the social side. Can watch the game on tv.

And game is convenient and a ritual as everyone has a ‘pass’ at same time.

Mind take your point about risk given the state of a number of our fans who nurses will struggle to turn if and when they catch it.

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I accept and understand that the club can only operate within official guidelines, I’m just saying that I don’t want to operate that way. 

In my view the country is still running scared and cowering behind its front doors. Medically there is not a problem and the pandemic is over but we still have the panicdemic.

I don’t have any mates nor do I need them. I go to games with my grandson. We are not a threat to anybody and nobody is a threat to us.

I’ll be your mate Whitey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I'm happy with you not wanting to be part of this until things are back to normal, but we'll have to disagree on whether Covid is over.

And does your grandson go out to school or work? Although the younger generation and unlikely to get very ill with it, they can transmit it to those who are more vulnerable.

I normally go to games alone so no change for me. If I meet friends in the pub before, I'll do so maintaining social distancing. And I'll drive the 400 miles rather than using the train, even if it means stopping over.

3 hours ago, whelk said:

Put it this way I wouldn’t bother attending a game if it wasn’t for the social side. Can watch the game on tv.

And game is convenient and a ritual as everyone has a ‘pass’ at same time.

Mind take your point about risk given the state of a number of our fans who nurses will struggle to turn if and when they catch it.

Everyone has a pass? Are you and your mates only allowed out if your girlfriends let you?

I just want to be there watching. By myself, with my kids, with my mates or whatever. Doesn't matter. 

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They hadn't even sold 9000 a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought there have been 6000 renewals since then. 

Why not? It wasn't a race to get the first one. Most I know did like me and waited to the last few days to hand over their hard earned.

Edited by Lets B Avenue
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Everyone has a pass? Are you and your mates only allowed out if your girlfriends let you?

I just want to be there watching. By myself, with my kids, with my mates or whatever. Doesn't matter. 

I can do what I want but coordinating a number of people, with  a fair few don’t live in Soton is not something anyone is going to organise. Come and have a drink and a chat? Why? We all have families and commitments So much easier when there is an event that everyone turns up to.

Glad you enjoy watching by yourself though.