2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

6 hours ago, benjii said:

The atmosphere will be absolutely terrible as well. It'll be like a pre-season friendly.

Frankly, most people buying ST'S are probably just loaning the club money. Really can't see the point, myself.

Nutshell.

If there is to be a second wave of this bloody virus we will know by October. If there is the rest of the season is likely to be behind closed doors. As you say no point at all in handing over your money and then having to fight to get it back.

To Dave Foggy: There is worrying evidence emerging that the numbers of new infections and deaths are no longer falling and some recent evidence suggests that they have started climbing again. It is not scare mongering, the virus is still very much with us and we are a long way from being out of the woods. Why are you in denial so much, not everything in life is a conspiracy.

Edited by Charlie Wayman

It's not necessarily true that there hadn't been a spike. The people on the beach came from all over, not one place. And the slowdown is taking longer than in other countries.

I'm not living in fear. I'm looking at facts and the way cases have increased in most countries after easing of lock-down. I agree we can't stay in lock-down for ever but neither can we pretend that the old normal can safely return in the foreseeable future. My decisions aren't fuelled by the mainstream media but by considering the available scientific and medical evidence.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Does the number of deaths of people under 80 with no underlying health condition, form part of your knowledge based decisions? 

Yes. And the ease with which people of any age, although not suffering badly themselves, can infect others, directly or indirectly, for whom the disease could be very serious.

18 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Does the number of deaths of people under 80 with no underlying health condition, form part of your knowledge based decisions? 

People are at high risk from 65 onwards whatever their medical condition which must cover a sizeable chunk of our fanbase and contributors on here. 

Edited by Charlie Wayman

FWIW, which probably isn’t a huge amount, I’ve been told that if matches can go ahead with reduced capacity, then priority will go to season ticket holders in hospitality.

So many variables - what % of capacity will be used etc - but I thought I’d pass it on.

A season ticket in the Channon suite/Saints bar costs £1,920 btw (including 3 free drinks and lunch voucher per match)

On 25/07/2020 at 12:41, stevegrant said:

Would expect the first three weeks to be behind closed doors. After that, it'll be reduced capacity with no away fans, and they'll gradually ramp up the % allowed in every few weeks, assuming the infection rate is under control.

They should ban the fat and old fans and let us healthy ones back

On 25/07/2020 at 12:41, stevegrant said:

Would expect the first three weeks to be behind closed doors. After that, it'll be reduced capacity with no away fans, and they'll gradually ramp up the % allowed in every few weeks, assuming the infection rate is under control.

Interestingly Martin Semmens has suggested that he expects fans to be in the ground on the first game of the season, but he's not sure how many yet or how it will pan out.

29 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Interestingly Martin Semmens has suggested that he expects fans to be in the ground on the first game of the season, but he's not sure how many yet or how it will pan out.

Obviously there are people in the stadium now - coaching staff, stadium staff, medical staff etc etc. If people can gather in pubs & restaurants now, without face masks, surely we can move to some sort of attendance at games by Sept 12th, even if it’s only a few hundred/thousand carefully sprinkled?

4 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

Obviously there are people in the stadium now - coaching staff, stadium staff, medical staff etc etc. If people can gather in pubs & restaurants now, without face masks, surely we can move to some sort of attendance at games by Sept 12th, even if it’s only a few hundred/thousand carefully sprinkled?

Exactly. It amuses me they are having crowd trials at Goodwood horse racing next weekend. Umm, a racecourse is bloody massive, it’s hardly gonna be a stretch to spread out a few thousand people over that much space.

I’m sure face masks will be a requirement but that’s a small price to pay.

The stadium was split into 3 zones. The main one was players, coaches etc. To be in that zone you needed to have had a very recent test from Saints or somewhere else. No one else was allowed in that zone at all.

The second zone was inside the stadium but away from any areas the players or staff could go in. To be there you had to self certify that you had no symptoms.

The third zone was outside the stadium. 

I guess one problem is that they won't want fans getting anywhere near players, so that may mean that a some of the front rows are unavailable to sit in, and probably any seats in the centre of the Itchen as well. 

Having just heard what the PM had to say this morning about the reversal of planned easing of lockdown restrictions on indoor venues and mass gatherings, looks like PL will be playing to empty houses for some time to come. End of hope for the club to sell season tickets?

1 hour ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Having just heard what the PM had to say this morning about the reversal of planned easing of lockdown restrictions on indoor venues and mass gatherings, looks like PL will be playing to empty houses for some time to come. End of hope for the club to sell season tickets?

He'll probably change his mind in the morning, this way or that.

3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Postponed for 2 weeks......not 2 months, 2 weeks. Let’s see how things pan out before getting carried away

Re lockdown:  New Zealand had one starting in late March for about a month. Looks like we got rid of it; only cases we have now are people bringing it back and they''re quarantined. We're lucky I suppose because we're an island and isolated. The UK should have done the same after Boris got it (or before).  My prediction is no Olympics, no Six nations and empty PL stadiums next season (among other major sporting disruptions).  

Saints are actively considering how they will select and manage the reduced numbers of fans once we are allowed back.

They have convened a focus group of fans and I'm lucky enough to have been invited. I'd like to be able to represent sensible views from Saintsweb so please feel free to make suggestions either on here or preferably by PM.

5 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Saints are actively considering how they will select and manage the reduced numbers of fans once we are allowed back.

They have convened a focus group of fans and I'm lucky enough to have been invited. I'd like to be able to represent sensible views from Saintsweb so please feel free to make suggestions either on here or preferably by PM.

That's good news.

When I renewed my tickets I had a chat with the bloke and he said it would be some sort of ballot, which for starters is the fairest way.

However I don't think you could just lump all season ticket holders into one ballot for every home game because that raises the possibility of some people being lucky and going to say 3 out of 3 games while others are unlucky and miss out completely.

There's also the complications of groups. If my 11yo was selected but I wasn't then he obviously wouldn't go by himself. For some this is also true of non-family groups of ST holders. A guy at work was saying today that he'd be unlikely to go to a game by himself if none of the mates he sit with were successful in the same ballot.

Do you weight it towards those who have had ST's for longer? That's a potentially risky process too. Is someone whose had a ST for 15 years more worthy of someone that's had one for 2 years but previously held a membership and went to most games anyway.

It's probably impossible to please everyone. 

It's a balancing act which is quite simply impossible to get right for 100% of people, there will be unhappy folk and there's no getting away from that.

Ballot is the way, how about excluding the 'winners' of the ballot from forthcoming ballots - so everyone gets a fair shot?

I haven't renewed yet and I guess one of the reasons is because of the total unknown about how this will be managed - I'm not sure I can fork out all of that upfront, not knowing what games I'll be able to go to and then wait for potential refunds if they come my way etc. Hopefully we get some clarification in the coming weeks, as I think deadline is first of Sept for renewals.

Edited by S-Clarke

1 hour ago, Valesaint said:

Surely anybody who has renewed already, as soon as renewals were available, should have preference at any ballot.

It's customary to put one of those laughing emojis after making a joke, otherwise people will think you are being serious and are insane.

Everybody of course thinks they have a special case for getting preference in a ballot. I could point to having a season ticket continuously since 1969. But a straight ballot where everyone who has a season ticket gets an even chance is the only fair way. But people should be asked if they want to go in the ballot as there may be some who do not actually want to go under current circumstances. And perhaps we could have group entry into a ballot. So that for the 3 STs in our household either we all win or none of us wins. Allowing family groups to sit together without social distancing should allow more people to be in the ground. Although how that is arranged feels like a complex problem. To help in making suggestions about how we deal with a ballot it would be very helpful to get an idea of what the restricted capacity might be? I assume that the allowed capacity is perhaps half of the number of STs sold already. When renewals finish I guess we are looking at something like 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 getting to see a game.

Interesting that Millwall have released details via their Supporters Club of how they anticipate things working for them initially. Capacity will be 6,000, including corporate and director areas (usual capacity is about 19,000, I think), and as only 2,600 have renewed their season tickets so far (had around 7,000 last season, apparently), they've decided that those people will automatically get entry to every game (assuming capacity isn't reduced again) and that they will only sell another 900 for the time being. 600 seats taken for corporate hospitality and directors, so the remaining 2000 will be allocated to applications with priority given to last season's season ticket holders, with the proviso that if a 19/20 season ticket holder takes up their priority access for a game, they won't be eligible for the following home game, they'd have to wait until further down the line. Sounds overly complicated, but it's going to be really difficult for clubs to come up with a solution that is "fair" to everyone, and you're never going to be able to please everybody.

P

15 hours ago, The Cat said:

8000 so I heard this evening.

Compared to over 20,000 last year?
Cash flow must be a problem for most clubs.
I guess quite a few hardy supporters are hanging fire close to 1st Sept and some interesting new signings might stimulate demand.
Presume no allowance for away supporters whilst Covid around?

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

P

Compared to over 20,000 last year?
Cash flow must be a problem for most clubs.
I guess quite a few hardy supporters are hanging fire close to 1st Sept and some interesting new signings might stimulate demand.
Presume no allowance for away supporters whilst Covid around?

Indeed.

I wouldn't be lending money to any football club at present.

22 hours ago, Shroppie said:

Me too, will hopefully catch up with you next week at virtual meeting

19 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

Everybody of course thinks they have a special case for getting preference in a ballot. I could point to having a season ticket continuously since 1969. But a straight ballot where everyone who has a season ticket gets an even chance is the only fair way. But people should be asked if they want to go in the ballot as there may be some who do not actually want to go under current circumstances. And perhaps we could have group entry into a ballot. So that for the 3 STs in our household either we all win or none of us wins. Allowing family groups to sit together without social distancing should allow more people to be in the ground. Although how that is arranged feels like a complex problem. To help in making suggestions about how we deal with a ballot it would be very helpful to get an idea of what the restricted capacity might be? I assume that the allowed capacity is perhaps half of the number of STs sold already. When renewals finish I guess we are looking at something like 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 getting to see a game.

I've heard that Saints' planning is quite advanced and includes looking at social groups sitting together. The big question is just what the rules will be and how many fans can be accommodated within those rules.

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I reckon the over 55’s should get priority. We haven’t got as many games left to watch as the nippers.

Reading this thread got me thinking, not sure what's worse for atmosphere, behind closed doors completely or having 6000 fans socially distanced spread around the ground wearing masks with muffled shouts of Get it forward and bloody hell Redmond just hit it hardly audible. 

I really miss going to football but I reckon once in the ground I'll hate it. 

For those selected for this club meeting I'd definitely say don't just put every season ticket holder in a ballot, so many people I know would only attend if it was with particular mates / family. 

Has anyone who renewed actually received the £35 voucher yet? 

11 hours ago, JRM said:

For those selected for this club meeting I'd definitely say don't just put every season ticket holder in a ballot, so many people I know would only attend if it was with particular mates / family. 

I believe this is very much in their thinking, but we won't know more until the meeting.

I'll report as far as the club are happy for me to do so.

I think the idea mooted above of asking ST holders if they *want* to go into a ballot is a good one. Because I'm 'vulnerable' I'm not keen to go until it's much safer - ideally after a vaccine - but I'd like to renew anyway (with refunds for games not watched) so that I'd be sure to get my usual seat for when I did start going again, with all the usual people around me that I've got to know over the years we've all had ST's. 

Presumably there's be enough who did want to go into the ballot to cover the planned reduced capacity. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ken Tone said:

I think the idea mooted above of asking ST holders if they *want* to go into a ballot is a good one. Because I'm 'vulnerable' I'm not keen to go until it's much safer - ideally after a vaccine - but I'd like to renew anyway (with refunds for games not watched) so that I'd be sure to get my usual seat for when I did start going again, with all the usual people around me that I've got to know over the years we've all had ST's. 

Presumably there's be enough who did want to go into the ballot to cover the planned reduced capacity. 

My sentiments exactly, I want to keep my seat as do those around me.

I guess there is scope for the potential capacity to increase depending upon how many families are attending? A family of 4 could sit together in just 4 seats, whereas 4 individuals would take up more than 4 seats because of having to be distanced. So many variables to consider, good luck to whoever is in charge of looking into this!

On 06/08/2020 at 18:17, Shroppie said:

I am 70 and have no fears about going when arrangements are finally announced. I have had my ST since the 70's and will be renewing again, but I will be leaving it until the last minute, when intentions are much clearer. I think that this is a sensible thing to do. I think that it would be wrong to give priority to those who have bought tickets early/already.

23 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I am 70 and have no fears about going when arrangements are finally announced. I have had my ST since the 70's and will be renewing again, but I will be leaving it until the last minute, when intentions are much clearer. I think that this is a sensible thing to do. I think that it would be wrong to give priority to those who have bought tickets early/already.

I can’t see them doing that. Renewing end of July does not make someone more of a fan than renewing on deadline day. They know that, they know people’s personal finances can dictate when people renew, especially in a two month window.

55 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I can't see them using that logic, there are usually many reasons why people wait until the end to pay. Doesn't mean they're less entitled to special treatment than the ones who renewed early, would be a crazy move that makes no sense.

As much as it makes sense to leave it as late as possible, I honestly don't think there will be any real clarification on plans until we go into September, after the deadline. It's a gamble to renew for sure, initial outlay and then not having a clue if you will be allowed to go or not. I just want this all to go back to normal and have us all in the stands again, we've been let down massively at home as season ticket holders for the last 3 years, so it's a real shame that after all home misery that we weren't able to see our win against City.

I had a look at the season ticket pricing the other day and was really surprised to see them charging full price when in reality there is no chance of anyone getting their monies worth. Have the club proposed refunds or anything to compensate people for games that get missed?

Just now, Saint86 said:

I had a look at the season ticket pricing the other day and was really surprised to see them charging full price when in reality there is no chance of anyone getting their monies worth. Have the club proposed refunds or anything to compensate people for games that get missed?

That's what a lot of peoples issues are I think, there have been no real clarifications. I think the clubs hands are tied with more wide-regulations and decision making as well.

1) How many fans will be allowed in

2) how that will be decided

3) what happens if you're not allowed in and you've paid full price for a season ticket? 

4) Process for refunds..?

I'm fairly sure they will refund back matches you don't get 'allowed' to go to, similar to how they gave money back from last years ST. But I don't know why there's no confirmation of that yet and that's why people are a little uneasy (including myself!) about shelling out upwards of £600 when you don't know what you'll get for it.

The club have stated you get a pro rata refund for each game supporters are not allowed entry to St Mary's. So I'm assuming that applies in a ballot situation for those not given a ticket.   They've promised to refund within 14 days of the game 

2 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Yes. Absolute guarantee of pro-rata refunds for closed door games.

8 hours ago, LeTiss07 said:

I guess there is scope for the potential capacity to increase depending upon how many families are attending? A family of 4 could sit together in just 4 seats, whereas 4 individuals would take up more than 4 seats because of having to be distanced. So many variables to consider, good luck to whoever is in charge of looking into this!

Yep, that is a logistical nightmare but could boost attendance a lot.