2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

According to the BBC

Southampton have currently surpassed 80% of their 2019-20 total in season ticket sales, which is above what the club anticipated given the situation and uncertainty

I also wasn’t aware that the majority of Premier League clubs haven’t sold season tickets for the coming season. 

3 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Called up today to find out when I can expect my refund from last seasons unused games - turns out they had already done it days ago, just haven’t told anyone it seems....

Yeah, there's a credit in your season ticket accounts. It'll sit there unless you ask for it back to your bank account, or you use it as a credit for future purchases at the ticket office. It wasn't ever an auto refund into your bank account.

Mine is sat there at the moment, I imagine it'll come in handy next year to put towards my season ticket when I renew when normality is back.

Has anyone tried to use their £35 voucher yet? It runs out on Oct 1st so I thought I’d get some stocking fillers. The payment processing went awol and the Saints site said they had problems. I got confirmation of my order from PayPal and then ten minutes later another email from Paypal saying the payment had been refunded. 

I tried again a few minutes ago - now they won’t accept my £35 voucher discount presumably because they think I’ve already used it! 
I’ve emailed the club but it’s so damn frustrating  - and time wasting. 

Edited by Divergent
Spelling

12 hours ago, Divergent said:

Has anyone tried to use their £35 voucher yet? It runs out on Oct 1st so I thought I’d get some stocking fillers. The payment processing went awol and the Saints site said they had problems. I got confirmation of my order from PayPal and then ten minutes later another email from Paypal saying the payment had been refunded. 

I tried again a few minutes ago - now they won’t accept my £35 voucher discount presumably because they think I’ve already used it! 

Me and the wife both used ours last night.  Worked fine. 

13 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Yeah, there's a credit in your season ticket accounts. It'll sit there unless you ask for it back to your bank account, or you use it as a credit for future purchases at the ticket office. It wasn't ever an auto refund into your bank account.

Mine is sat there at the moment, I imagine it'll come in handy next year to put towards my season ticket when I renew when normality is back.

Sorry I should have specified, they had put the money back into my bank account as requested but had said they would be in touch to confirm when it would happen, didn’t hear a thing.

11 hours ago, Shroppie said:

With the latest version of government Covid rules I'll now be surprised if there are spectators at any games before Christmas.

You might be right with some of the ridiculous restrictions this govt seem intent on imposing on the people. 

Hospital admissions and deaths are minimal and "young people" who are testing positive are in the main hardly impacted any worse than when they have a cold. 

When you look at the small crowd Brighton were able to host at fairly short notice its still possible we'll have a few in October, I was surprised to read several clubs haven't sold season tickets this season but that actually might make sense as they can just do game by game depending on % allowed. 

Will be interesting to see if the saints promise works and we all get money back within 14 days for games with no fans. 

On 15/08/2020 at 14:35, benjii said:

Yeah, that is surprising. I would email or call and ask them why.

On 15/08/2020 at 12:09, richie said:

Got the season ticket pricing for nom renewals through the door today. Discount for all disabled ST now gone.

Was thinking of getting one for my son (disabled U18). It would have cost £150 in the wings last year (normally stand in block 1) but its £305 this season!

Seems harsh by the club. Appreciate money is tighter for them but it is for us too. 

I emailed the club and this was the response from Head of Supporter Relations. 

Thank you for your email, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.......

All current Disabled Season Ticket Holders can renew with no changes to their rates. Moving forward we are bringing our disabled ticketing policies in line with the majority of other Clubs, with new applications for Disabled Season Tickets reflecting the age bracket and location within the stadium. This will offer more choice to fans who may wish to take up seats in areas that offer cheaper seating. Those that qualify will still be entitled to a free enabler seat, and we have developed an Access Requirement Form for current and new season ticket holders that will help our Access Team effectively meet the access requirements of our fans, both now and in the future.

If you are looking to purchase a season ticket we are happy to discuss the options available to you.

Here is my response.....

Thank you for your response. However it does not answer my question about the reason for uplifting all disabled new season ticket rates in all categories to match their able bodied equivalent. 

Could you explain what more choice, as stated in your email, a potential disabled season ticket has opposed to last season? 

What benefit does it bring to potential season tickets if you are aligning your disabled policy in line with other clubs? 

You suggest there are cheaper ticket options. What cheaper tickets for new disabled supporters are there? As far as I can see every section of the ground has increased except the family stand. For example Itchen/Northam corner where I buy match day tickets has increased over 100%.

I was looking to buy a disabled season ticket for my 14 year old. I appreciate it is difficult for the club financially but the increases cannot be spun in any way as a positive to new season ticket holders which your email tried to do. 

1 hour ago, JRM said:

You might be right with some of the ridiculous restrictions this govt seem intent on imposing on the people. 

Hospital admissions and deaths are minimal

You've answered your own contradiction JRM, it is precisely because of these 'ridiculous' restrictions (as you call them) that we have very low hospital admissions and minimal unnecessary deaths.

Surely you don't want us to go back to the scenario facing us in March with 1000 people dying ever day. We have had 6 months to learn how to handle this virus and we are a lot wiser now than when it started. The time to relax is when we have a viable vaccine, until then we are buying time and living as close to normal lives as possible.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/09/2020 at 20:28, Charlie Wayman said:

You've answered your own contradiction JRM, it is precisely because of these 'ridiculous' restrictions (as you call them) that we have very low hospital admissions and minimal unnecessary deaths.

Surely you don't want us to go back to the scenario facing us in March with 1000 people dying ever day. We have had 6 months to learn how to handle this virus and we are a lot wiser now than when it started. The time to relax is when we have a viable vaccine, until then we are buying time and living as close to normal lives as possible.

So you think that these restrictions are responsible for the low hospital admissions and deaths do you?

How  does that apply to Sweden?

On 11/09/2020 at 20:28, Charlie Wayman said:

This is simply not true. Please look at the facts before spouting crap and scaremongering. 

We need to get the stadiums open, and everything else for that matter, and get back to normal asap. The old normal, not a new normal. And everyone please, please stop watching the news and wake up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/09/2020 at 00:08, Divergent said:

Exactly what happened to me tonight. Went to payment page but buffered for ages before saying something has gone wrong. Resubmitted, but now saying voucher is invalid. Did you get yours sorted. 

I did- I emailed the club and they replied saying the order had gone through. I then received a further email saying the items had been dispatched although not yet received. However  I haven’t actually paid for them (apart from the voucher amount) as there is still a debit and a corresponding credit on my Paypal account. 
It is only £8 so I will wait and see if my account gets debited before I return to the fray!

3 hours ago, Divergent said:

I did- I emailed the club and they replied saying the order had gone through. I then received a further email saying the items had been dispatched although not yet received. However  I haven’t actually paid for them (apart from the voucher amount) as there is still a debit and a corresponding credit on my Paypal account. 
It is only £8 so I will wait and see if my account gets debited before I return to the fray!

I called them today & they said they’d had loads of trouble with the vouchers. Said they’d get someone to call me back within 2 days. How hard is it really, nearly every retailer manages to process vouchers online. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

15 minutes ago, LGTL said:

I opted in with a mate yesterday. The no more then 2 household thing really is annoying. And yes I know they have to.

Does anyone know if my mate has to apply himself too, or does my application cover us both?

Having just done this, it looks as if you have "booked" the other people in your bubble through the "Friends and Family" section, they don't have to.

18 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

So, who's had their email? Presume everyone will opt in......

What emails this?

I seem (despite agreeing to emails etc, checking spam and letting the ticket office know about it) never to get this stuff. I only realised due to the forum that the £35 voucher had been distributed and had a deadline.

I try to be generous but the communication seems quite poor for me at present.

Anyway, as a season ticket holder what am I emailing customer services about this time?

Jeez in these days of wonderous electronic technology - my Wife and I both have season tickets, remarkably we both live under the same roof, we both get on well in each others company. Both our season tickets are registered to the same address, I was told after the move from the old system and the purchase of out ST's, that I now had access to both accounts from my email, whereas before to get into my account I had to use my supporter number and password, to get access to my Wifes - my email and password. 

Just tried to do this opting stuff - apparently my Wife isn't eligible to be included in my opted in group.............she paid for the bloody season tickets. Now I have to phone the ticket office yet again to sort what should be a simple solution. Be interesting to see how much gets refunded of the Spurs game to her card.......................all good fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steve green said:

What emails this?

I seem (despite agreeing to emails etc, checking spam and letting the ticket office know about it) never to get this stuff. I only realised due to the forum that the £35 voucher had been distributed and had a deadline.

Anyway, as a season ticket holder what am I emailing customer services about this time?

Steve. I've emailed you. 

I tried to register my interest in attending games in my bubble of one, but it failed and then hid the option. Same happened when I tried to get my discount code for the Megastore.

But I emailed the TO and both were sorted within an hour.

Edited by Shroppie

Think I'll give them one more chance tomorrow, if it's another shite display and a defeat, combined with socially distanced mask wearing, taking a knee, I'll be opting out and having my money back for a couple of months in the hope some this madness clears up and can return to something more like what we used to have as a football experience. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ve had ours. I’ll have a go when I’m more awake.

It does appear to say that once you’ve opted in you can’t opt out again and expect any refunds.

Why would you want to opt in and out? Presumably, they’ve done it to stop people opting out of shite games and back in for the attractive ones. The only thing people can complain about is if you can’t attend because you or a family member have the virus and can’t attend. However, they don’t refund if you get flu or a heavy cold and can’t attend in a normal season . I guess asking people to prove it is just too complicated. Personally, I think it’s fair enough, they’re only asking for a handful of games. 

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Why would you want to opt in and out? Presumably, they’ve done it to stop people opting out of shite games and back in for the attractive ones. The only thing people can complain about is if you can’t attend because you or a family member have the virus and can’t attend. However, they don’t refund if you get flu or a heavy cold and can’t attend in a normal season . I guess asking people to prove it is just too complicated. Personally, I think it’s fair enough, they’re only asking for a handful of games. 

Because this is not a normal season and these are different circumstances. Attendance will be severely restricted and if you are unable to attend any given match(es) you could release your ‘seat’ for someone else to enjoy. 

Besides, we were told that we would be able to opt out and get appropriate refunds.

I’ve got a season ticket and so have two of my grand children  I pay for them and they are in my family and friends. I tried to opt all three of us in last night and I can only do myself. Their names are in the drop down menu but are greyed out so I can’t add them too. Another call to the ticket office then. It’s getting to be a pain. 

53 minutes ago, Divergent said:

I’ve got a season ticket and so have two of my grand children  I pay for them and they are in my family and friends. I tried to opt all three of us in last night and I can only do myself. Their names are in the drop down menu but are greyed out so I can’t add them too. Another call to the ticket office then. It’s getting to be a pain. 

It happened to me at first. If you wait a bit, try again it my work second time. It did for me & my mate took 3 attempts but got there eventually. One watch out is there’s a delay before the option you need reappears. 

1 hour ago, davefoggy said:

open the stadiums (and everything else for that matter)

get a bloody grip people. This so called 'virus' has a 99.7% recovery rate

Take off your masks, stop watching the news and lets get back to normal

The inconsistency is driving me insane, and the media are driving it.

Why have some EFL clubs allowed fans back in today? (Boro) when that entire area has been locked down? So, has it, or hasn't it?

Why do we have to wear masks in shops, yet most of the workers inside the stores don't? In fact, why do I have to wear a mask inside Supermarkets, but I don't have to in pubs, which have much higher concentrations of people?

Sorry, not a place for that sort of chat - but you get my point. It's either lock it all down 100% or let us all bloody well get on with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It happened to me at first. If you wait a bit, try again it my work second time. It did for me & my mate took 3 attempts but got there eventually. One watch out is there’s a delay before the option you need reappears. 

I did try again. This time the grand kids names were bold so I added them and went to the ‘payment’  screen where I was told they were ineligible! Just tried for a third time and their names are greyed out again. 
I’m wondering if the site thinks I am adding from more than two households which isn’t allowed although if you are taking grand children that isn’t a rare occurrence. However one of the kids had my address and one their own address because I remember birthday cards bring sent by the club last year to the two different addresses. I will have to wait until Tuesday and then phone the ticket office. 

10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

The inconsistency is driving me insane, and the media are driving it.

Why have some EFL clubs allowed fans back in today? (Boro) when that entire area has been locked down? So, has it, or hasn't it?

Why do we have to wear masks in shops, yet most of the workers inside the stores don't? In fact, why do I have to wear a mask inside Supermarkets, but I don't have to in pubs, which have much higher concentrations of people?

Sorry, not a place for that sort of chat - but you get my point. It's either lock it all down 100% or let us all bloody well get on with it.

Because the whole thing is a load of crap

12 hours ago, davefoggy said:

open the stadiums (and everything else for that matter)

get a bloody grip people. This so called 'virus' has a 99.7% recovery rate

Take off your masks, stop watching the news and lets get back to normal

I'll bite. You say "so called 'virus'". What is it if its not a virus? 

I get that you'll be there if stadium's reopen, but I suspect you'll find that many won't be. 

On 10/09/2020 at 00:08, Divergent said:

Seems they still haven't sorted this yet, as I had pretty much the same thing happen last Friday.

First tried to put an order through whereby the voucher covered all of the items + postage, i.e. there was £0.00 to pay. However when attempting to put that through (twice - having to re-enter all personal details each time), I was simply dumped by back to the store homepage. With the items still in the basket.

Then added a filler item so that I had £1.45 to pay. That time I reached the payment screen and submitted my card details. Upon which the payment gateway hung, then crashed.

The order sort-of seems to have gone through in the sense that it's listed under my order history. Albeit without an order number. Subsequently received three confirmation emails, none of which had an order number either. There's a pending £1.45 payment on the bank account, not yet processed.

Emailed them there-and-then to enquire what's going on, but haven't heard back yet. Currently anybody's guess whether I'm to receive zero, one or three parcels.

On 18/09/2020 at 17:35, steve green said:

What emails this?

Had exactly same experience.just emailed club to see if I can be emailed essential information or like can I go back to watch matches ive paid for.will I get refund on matches not attended.who knows?

15 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I can't imagine any fans until spring next year.

Hopefully the club haven't spent all the season ticket money as they are going to need to pay it all back at this rate. 

What a farce. Open the grounds let people make their own decisions. 

• Like 1

Just now, JRM said:

Hopefully the club haven't spent all the season ticket money as they are going to need to pay it all back at this rate. 

Can't disagree with you mate, but we're in a nanny state for at least the next 6-8 months.

1 hour ago, JRM said:

Do you not understand that a response to an epidemic can’t be based on individual decisions? I’m not saying current measures are right or wrong, but your logic is entirely stupid.

Edited by benjii