2020/21 Season Ticket Information

Jimmy_D

I got round it by following the link on the email, adding some from the "season ticket" area of the site, applied discount code, added what I actually "wanted" (loose term as it's pretty much all crap", and then removed the original item, seemed to work. 

Seems like it's a lottery as to whether it will work or not, and which items it will work against.

The website is absolutely appalling.

4 hours ago, Shandy_Top_89 said:

I am being a little ott, but I know you could only use it on selected items (most of which were discontinued). If the books and water were on the list it should go through, if not then it won’t work.

Got sent a new code, which worked for any item.  2x books and one water bottle now ordered for the cost of £5 p&p.  Although, checked my on-line banking and they've charged me twice for p&p.  Doh! 

My voucher code didn't work so I phoned and it was sorted very quickly so I bought the duvet set for my grandson, didn't really want it but as it was free (apart from postage) I took advantage of it !!

I also asked about the kits with the wrong logo on and was told that an announcement is due very shortly, perhaps even today !

The girl was totally exasperated and said " the sooner it's sorted, the better". I think they've had a lot of ongoing grief about it !

They're managing this as well as the transfer market, by the looks of it. Feel sorry for all those who renewed, I honestly think the club should refund all the money back and then sell individual tickets if we're allowed to attend games by the spring. No clubs should have offered season tickets this season imo.

35 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They're managing this as well as the transfer market, by the looks of it. Feel sorry for all those who renewed, I honestly think the club should refund all the money back and then sell individual tickets if we're allowed to attend games by the spring. No clubs should have offered season tickets this season imo.

Nkthing recieved yet- Presume we will be able to request a full refund if they don't comply with their promise/contract?

3 hours ago, LGTL said:

What did that saints pledge thing say, all refunds inside two weeks wasn’t it? So money should be hitting all our accounts today. I won’t hold my breath. 

No money received yet either, looks like I'll have to submit my case to the small claims court at this rate for breach of the Saints Promise. 

To be fair to the club they probably need every penny trying to club together to pay off Guido Carillo. 

What a mess they've made of everything, this summer we've had £35 vouchers that wouldn't work, shirts purchased for kids that within a week had the wrong sponsor, then all shirts off sale whilst they try to work it out, promising season ticket holders refunds that they seem struggling to deal with.  

Don't even mention the transfer window. 

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

No money received yet either, looks like I'll have to submit my case to the small claims court at this rate for breach of the Saints Promise. 

To be fair to the club they probably need every penny trying to club together to pay off Guido Carillo. 

What a mess they've made of everything, this summer we've had £35 vouchers that wouldn't work, shirts purchased for kids that within a week had the wrong sponsor, then all shirts off sale whilst they try to work it out, promising season ticket holders refunds that they seem struggling to deal with.  

Don't even mention the transfer window. 

It does say 14 working days as game was 2 weeks Sunday bit premature yet

Edited by Give it to Ron

14 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

It does say 14 working days as game was 2 weeks Sunday bit premature yet

That maybe what they mean but it isn't what they said.

The season ticket page which is still there and the one I used to decide to pay up again continues to say the following - it actually starts on the day it is confirmed as being a closed stadium - goodness knows when that date is - arguably every match is behind closed doors and confirmed as such for the forceable future -  but it isn't from match day...

Here it is...

"Chief among these is that the club will guarantee a pro-rata refund for any fixture played without fans. This will be automatically refunded to the method of payment used to purchase within 14 days of confirmation, with turnaround time an operational benefit of our new ticketing platform. "

Link to current live page:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-06-18/southampton-football-club-202021-season-ticket-information

Edited by jameslastfan

8 minutes ago, jameslastfan said:

That maybe what they mean but it isn't what they said.

The season ticket page which is still there and the one I used to decide to pay up again continues to say the following - it actually starts on the day it is confirmed as being a closed stadium - goodness knows when that date is - arguably every match is behind closed doors and confirmed as such for the forceable future -  but it isn't from match day...

Here it is...

"Chief among these is that the club will guarantee a pro-rata refund for any fixture played without fans. This will be automatically refunded to the method of payment used to purchase within 14 days of confirmation, with turnaround time an operational benefit of our new ticketing platform. "

Link to current live page:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-06-18/southampton-football-club-202021-season-ticket-information

Very interesting that, hadn't read it that way but your right.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s pretty obvious that for 99.999% of anything “days” applies to working days only. 

Not really. If you mean “working days” then you should say “working days”. It’s not hard.

And if you pick a multiple of 7 you’re pretty obviously working in weeks, not working days (especially if you don’t refer to “working days”).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I’ve spoken to season ticket holders from two other clubs (Fulham and arsenal). Nether asked their season ticket holders to pay up front this season.  Not a scientific sample. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Divergent said:

This is now up on the SFC site 

If you are a Season Ticket holder and have not received a refund for the Spurs game by Tuesday 27th October, please contact the Ticket Office at tickets@saintsfc.co.uk or call us at 02381 780780.

WBA refunds in 14 working days. 

Ridiculous, so might get some money in a couple of weeks I won't know if that is my spurs money (late) or in fact WBA money and I still need to chase for the Spurs. 

Poor service, the ticket always have been an amateur outfit , they're not capable of managing a process like this competently. 

I've given them some slack through the whole ST and covid malarky, after all the situation changes rapidly.

But this does feel 'wrong'. It's not a good policy to **ss off your loyal customers. Maybe like so many other clubs they just assume you're theirs for life.

Glad I didn’t renew, what an absolute farce this whole Saints Promise has turned into. There’s absolutely no reason to make people wait up to 2 weeks for a refund, not in this day and age, but then our ticket office has always been a bit of a joke so it’s no surprise.

Why couldn’t they have taken a validation amount of 99p off the card fans want to use for the season and then just bill them pro-rata for every game as and when they can open, not the other way around.

Saints Promise my arse.

This is now on the SFC site too so maybe the date of the 27th October does refer to the WBA refunds and not the Spurs refunds - who knows!

As guaranteed by The Saints Promise, all 2020/21 Season Ticket holders’ refunds for the match against Tottenham Hotspur are now being processed, within 14 working days of the game.

Payments are being run in batches with a large number already having been refunded to Season Ticket Holders, and all remaining payments being processed during the early part of next week, prior to Thursday 8thOctober. 

Once actioned, refunds can still take up to five working days to appear in your account so please wait until the week commencing Monday 12th October before contacting the Ticket Office

3 hours ago, Pip said:

They're expecting us to wait 27 working days before we enquire about our Spurs refunds?  I don't think so!

If they’re going to take up to five weeks for each refund then it’s going to get very messy as the season progresses and they have several matches to refund.

I might just be over thinking it - but assuming the club have got millions of pounds of supporters money now, what is the likely hood that it’s all being held in an account earning interest for the club.

Are there accounts in the world where that money could be earning decent interest and if so is that part of the reason for a complete unnecessary delay refunding?

2 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

I believe we were told that the discount voucher could be used for shirt personalization. That isn't the case. Tried it when preordering two shirts. It accepts the code and applies a discount of £0.

Isn't that a separate discount voucher? It's what I said I wanted to receive, had an email this week to say that I would still be receiving it (presumably once the shirts are available to order again), but I could use the retail voucher they erroneously sent me this week.

13 hours ago, bpsaint said:

I might just be over thinking it - but assuming the club have got millions of pounds of supporters money now, what is the likely hood that it’s all being held in an account earning interest for the club.

Are there accounts in the world where that money could be earning decent interest and if so is that part of the reason for a complete unnecessary delay refunding?

They'd be lucky to get any positive interest.

• Like 1

I understand that some may need their money back but personally I'm happy to leave my season ticket money in there if it assists cashflow and aids transfer activity. 

And if they've managed to find somewhere to earn interest, good luck to them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

I understand that some may need their money back but personally I'm happy to leave my season ticket money in there if it assists cashflow and aids transfer activity. 

And if they've managed to find somewhere to earn interest, good luck to them.

Glad you are. I'm certainly not. A Club that can pay players multi million pound contracts can certainly afford to reimburse me £30 for something they should never have charged for in the first place (like the vast majority of other Premier league clubs). 

• Like 2

On 02/10/2020 at 19:22, The Cat said:

Had an email from the club just after 7pm talking about the refunds. It's almost like they read this forum.

It's free and easy customer feedback, they'd be mad not to read forums and social media for that sort of thing. They listen to podcasts too... :ninja: 

They'll get the figurative temperature of the room from that sort of research far quicker and easier than any sort of organised market research campaign, which should mean they can put things into practice or fix repeating problems sooner.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Glad you are. I'm certainly not. A Club that can pay players multi million pound contracts can certainly afford to reimburse me £30 for something they should never have charged for in the first place (like the vast majority of other Premier league clubs). 

I'm not too sure Saints can afford to pay us back, they must be losing near on £1m every time a match is played behind closed doors. £19m+ a season is quite a chunk to a club like Saints.

However you knew full well that there was a good chance you wouldn't see every game when you purchased your season ticket so why did you buy one if you think they shouldn't have sold them?

For me it was a no brainer if I cant go the club give me my money back - Spurs game by the 8th October the West Brom by 27th October- i wont lose anything.

Edited by IFHP

47 minutes ago, IFHP said:

I'm not too sure Saints can afford to pay us back, they must be losing near on £1m every time a match is played behind closed doors. £19m+ a season is quite a chunk to a club like Saints.

However you knew full well that there was a good chance you wouldn't see every game when you purchased your season ticket so why did you buy one if you think they shouldn't have sold them?

For me it was a no brainer if I cant go the club give me my money back - Spurs game by the 8th October the West Brom by 27th October- i wont lose anything.

Had us over a barrel, dont buy a season ticket and you won't be coming to any game this season - have a look at what the others did - there were other ways.

1 hour ago, IFHP said:

I bought ours to save our seats for the future. Whenever that is.

• Like 2

Has anyone had a refund for the Spurs game yet? According to the clubs ‘promise’, refunds would be paid within 14 days of an announcement that fans weren’t allowed to attend. Now, by my reckoning it’s now 16 days since the game was played and it was announced before then we would not be able to attend. Therefore, they’ve busted their promise apart on the first game!!

Now, I’m not hugely worried as to when I get my refund as I can live without it at the moment. The key issue for me is more of a moral one, in that we were promised something which has clearly turned out to be a load of rubbish. One thing I was always taught growing up was only promise what you can be absolutely certain you are able to do. The trouble is it damages trust and will undoubtedly make people think twice when the club promise something else in the future. 

Could they not have at least sent an email out or something if they were having problems? Communication is key, and on this it’s been p i s s poor. 

5 minutes ago, csh398 said:

Could they not have at least sent an email out or something if they were having problems? Communication is key, and on this it’s been p i s s poor. 

They sent an email last week (Friday, possibly?) saying they were being processed. Linked to this article, so essentially they're going with 14 working days, which isn't quite what they implied initially.

7 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

They sent an email last week (Friday, possibly?) saying they were being processed. Linked to this article, so essentially they're going with 14 working days, which isn't quite what they implied initially.

Good point. I say though just be clear, open and honest. It’s not difficult and I’m pretty sure most people would accept that. If they’d said we’d get a pro rata refund at the end of the season I personally would have been fine with that. Just don’t play with words and deceive. That really does destroy trust and good will

Given the complications people have seen with the ticketing system (which is supposedly new, yet somehow retains all of the irritating bugs of the previous system 🤔) and online store, I'd probably err on the side of cock-up rather than conspiracy here, but it does unfortunately seem to be becoming a recurring theme.

55 minutes ago, stevegrant said:

Given the complications people have seen with the ticketing system (which is supposedly new, yet somehow retains all of the irritating bugs of the previous system 🤔) and online store, I'd probably err on the side of cock-up rather than conspiracy here, but it does unfortunately seem to be becoming a recurring theme.

Who would have thought that introducing new software may have irritating bugs .......  

50 minutes ago, IFHP said:

Who would have thought that introducing new software may have irritating bugs .......  

Of course, but you would expect new software to not replicate bugs that were never fixed on the old software - if the current ticketing system is indeed "new", that suggests it's come from a different provider. Bugs are nothing new, but it's fairly implausible for two apparently different bits of software to have the exact same bugs - placing renewal products of everybody in your Friends & Family list in your basket seems like something that would only occur on one company's software (and would be fixed pretty quickly), not something that another firm would manage to replicate.

• Like 1