Criminal XI

Paulwantsapint81

Not players who’s careers were criminal but players who got into trouble with the law

gk - Bruce Grobbelaar - match fixing (allegedly) 

rb - Ulrich Van Gobble - selling stolen cars

cb - Claus Lundekvam - drink driving cocaine

cb -

lb - 

rm - Guly - drink driving

cm - Jhon Viafara - drugs

cm -

lm - Fabrice Fernandes - drink driving

cf - Lee Barnard - assault

cf - James Beattie - drink driving

2 hours ago, Batman said:

I am sure Terry Hurlock liked the odd pint when the designated driver.....whether he got caught at Saints, I do not remember

Think it was the Smugglers pub towards the Itchen Bridge he was drinking in before being caught IIRC - I think there was a board outside making a joke of it for a few weeks afterwards. 

Badger - I also thought of Mark Dennis. 

Bit lightweight compared to most of the above Longy got pinged recently for 117mph in his Panamera - a car more than capable of stopping well within the distance on the back of the Highway Code for 70mph set by a Ford Anglia - Jammy bugger got off light, able to drive away from court. ............... that’s criminal in itself.

23 hours ago, northam soul said:

Doesn’t count as it was in dirty skate land wasn’t it.

I think they were just recovering stolen items

I know you're joking about this but it was a pretty despicable act by BWP and his accomplice (Nathan Dyer wasn't it?) to go rifling through the handbags of two barmaids who were probably earning minimum wage whilst those two were on thousands a week.

Complete low life. 

Edited by Badger

23 hours ago, Badger said:

I know you're joking about this but it was a pretty despicable act by BWP and his accomplice (Nathan Dyer wasn't it?) to go rifling through the handbags of two barmaids who were probably earning minimum wage whilst those two were on thousands a week.

Complete low life. 

BWP was cleared of all charges. Dyer on the other hand was found guilty.

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Wasn’t it something random like booting the ball out of play early for a throw in?

Yes I think he said that he (or a team mate) deliberately kicked the ball out for a throw-in straight from kick-off in a televised game because he had some bet on the time of the first throw-in.  However I seem to remember that when people looked at the records, there was no game that matched his description so he either made it up or got the details wrong.

Lawrie McMenemey as manager?   Wasn't he done for drink-driving?  Doubly embarassing as he was on a TV advert for alcohol-free lager at the time.

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 16:24, The Cat said:

Wasn't it Leon Best who stole a toilet seat from B&Q or have I totally just made something utterly ridiculous up?

No it was Johnson who played for Chelsea, Liverpool and the Skates. He is a pundit on Sky Sports now!

Edited by rooney
club error