Sport Republic

Dusic

They have undoubtably made a total pigs ear of this season, their first in charge.

Everything they have touched has gone to shit so far. I do appreciate the reasoning behind a short-term contract for Marsch, but the situation we find ourselves in now all stems back to the November horror show appointment.

The club PR machine will be in overdrive to make us feel as if this has been their plan all along, Selles is well respected, they feel he is a viable option etc etc, but in reality if they did this right in November then we wouldn’t be hearing those things.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

They have undoubtably made a total pigs ear of this season, their first in charge.

Everything they have touched has gone to shit so far. I do appreciate the reasoning behind a short-term contract for Marsch, but the situation we find ourselves in now all stems back to the November horror show appointment.

The club PR machine will be in overdrive to make us feel as if this has been their plan all along, Selles is well respected, they feel he is a viable option etc etc, but in reality if they did this right in November then we wouldn’t be hearing those things.

This. Rasmus has suffered one hell of a tough learning curve. Nowhere near as clever as he thought he was...

Also, if they think Selles is the right man, they would have given him the job in November - there is no dressing up the abject failure they've made on the management front if they fail to get someone good in now.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

I dread to think what the ridiculous appointment of Nathan Jones has cost the club in terms of money and credibility. It was such a bonkers appointment you really have to wonder what level of intelligence are the people presiding over this shit show. Mind boggling. To think Ankersen makes money as an author of clever, high-brow books.

We had more direction under GAO without investment...... 

The current ownership have produced a cluster fk of decisions since purchase of our club.

It quite frankly getting embarrassing. 

Put some money on the table and get in a manager who at least has some form of Premiership exposure can actually set up a team and has a philosophy / style of play.

Can't be that difficult can it?

The decision makers are trying to either be to clever or do management recruitment on a shoestring which makes no sense considering the amount of money we have laid out on players....

If I was the owner of this club I'd be demanding answers, heads would roll starting with Rasmus and Semmens absolute clowns both of them.... haven't got a clue 

Edited by ally_uk
Spell

On 12/02/2023 at 09:03, sfc4prem said:

Rasmus has doubled down on his fucking terrible judge of manager. If this bloke keeps making the decisions, our trajectory will remain the same. We'll be playing Wrexham soon enough.

You need to change your username. You're scaring the kids. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

If Sport Republic turned round and held their hands up and quite openly admitted “Yeah we’ve totally fucked this up royally, this season transfers, decisions etc, we are extremely apologetic for all the unhappiness caused and will endeavour to put things right”, they’d probably have quite a few fans onside again straight away.

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If Sport Republic turned round and held their hands up and quite openly admitted “Yeah we’ve totally fucked this up royally, this season transfers, decisions etc, we are extremely apologetic for all the unhappiness caused and will endeavour to put things right”, they’d probably have quite a few fans onside again straight away.

🤷🏻‍♂️

In my  experience few if any bosses admit they are wrong, certainly not the arrogant pricks I have worked for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Suhari said:

I wonder what Dragan is thinking about all of this.

Probably how he can recoup some of the money personally put in from sales and parachute payments...

We have charlatans owning us, that so many clubs our size have had in the Champsionsbip

Absolutely zero chance of promotion under this lot.  None what so ever

• Like 1

To the people who actually believe sports Republic will turn this slide around to the point where we'll do well in the championship - I'll have what you're smoking. 

On paper we should be fine... But everything they touch turns to dust. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Rasmus ankerson is in the process of systematically dismantling everything good about the club through his quite incredible ineptness. That's the reality. 

Eniola Aluko said she knows Rasmus and he's a great football mind, and I for one believe her

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Complete cluster-fuck from day one. I can’t remember a squad ever being in such a mess, £120mill odd spent and you still struggle to think of a a starting eleven that could win a Premier League match.

Last time we went down you at least thought there was a team in there somewhere if the manager got it right, this lot are just a mess. We will be bottom by a distance.

• Like 1

Just now, aintforever said:

Complete cluster-fuck from day one. I can’t remember a squad ever being in such a mess, £120mill odd spent and you still struggle to think of a a starting eleven that could win a Premier League match.

Last time we went down you at least thought there was a team in there somewhere if the manager got it right, this lot are just a mess. We will be bottom by a distance.

Nah, don't quite buy that. When we last went down we had a bit of a rabble. 

Fuller was our striker, Oakley was coming back from fitness and we were unsure. Claus just had a terrible PL season, then we had the rest of them either leaving or quitting from their loans. Squad wise in sense of value, assets to sell and age we are in a much better place this time.

The question is do we trust whoever to reinvest what we get. I think we're right to be sceptical at this stage.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Nah, don't quite buy that. When we last went down we had a bit of a rabble. 

Fuller was our striker, Oakley was coming back from fitness and we were unsure. Claus just had a terrible PL season, then we had the rest of them either leaving or quitting from their loans. Squad wise in sense of value, assets to sell and age we are in a much better place this time.

The question is do we trust whoever to reinvest what we get. I think we're right to be sceptical at this stage.

Fuller wasn’t even at the club when we got relegated from the Prem, we had Crouch, Phillips, Best, Camera and Ormerod to choose from up front.

Just now, aintforever said:

Fuller wasn’t even at the club when we got relegated from the Prem, we had Crouch, Phillips, Best, Camera and Ormerod to choose from up front.

We sold Crouch. We sold Phillips. Camara went back to Wolves, he was a loan.

Omerod went to Leeds I think.

We started the Champ with Fuller and Jones as our options from memory (and Theo)

1 hour ago, Paul Chuckle said:

Eniola Aluko said she knows Rasmus and he's a great football mind, and I for one believe her

So has does she reconcile that great football mind with our league position and shambolic management this season ?

Stupid bint. 

(W)Ankerson and crew are fucking useless. Even that fat Pompey fan with his bell would struggle to make a bigger mess of our club than this current lot.

To an extent I feel sorry for Semmens who spent years working on a tight budget and trying to build a stable PL club. Yes he’s also to blame for picking Sports Republic, but we don’t know what they said during the takeover meetings and what they have or haven’t done. Now within a year they have wrecked the whole club, scouts and directors leaving, piss poor recruitment of players and managers. 

We are going down and it’s all thanks to Rasmus and his crownies. I have little faith in us going straight back up, even if we have the biggest budget of the championship. 

Sports Republic have bought loads of average players for little money, who besides of Lavia and ABK are the real deal? If they had spent the 126 million on 4 good players who would strengthen the team and not sit on the bench, we probably wouldn’t be in this mess. 

I am not going to start over the Nathan Jones disaster experiment. 

Rant over. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Kucho said:

(W)Ankerson and crew are fucking useless. Even that fat Pompey fan with his bell would struggle to make a bigger mess of our club than this current lot.

To an extent I feel sorry for Semmens who spent years working on a tight budget and trying to build a stable PL club. Yes he’s also to blame for picking Sports Republic, but we don’t know what they said during the takeover meetings and what they have or haven’t done. Now within a year they have wrecked the whole club, scouts and directors leaving, piss poor recruitment of players and managers. 

We are going down and it’s all thanks to Rasmus and his crownies. I have little faith in us going straight back up, even if we have the biggest budget of the championship. 

Sports Republic have bought loads of average players for little money, who besides of Lavia and ABK are the real deal? If they had spent the 126 million on 4 good players who would strengthen the team and not sit on the bench, we probably wouldn’t be in this mess. 

I am not going to start over the Nathan Jones disaster experiment. 

Rant over. 

You're being kind by calling them average players. 

Edited by Archers Road Stand

9 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Rasmus ankerson is in the process of systematically dismantling everything good about the club through his quite incredible ineptness. That's the reality. 

He's living by his motto - if it isnt broken break it 

He's world class at breaking things

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, aintforever said:

And yet, on the Selles thread you are baying for his head because he's not able to win matches.

You're all over the place and need to make your mind up whether it's the three successive managers that are the problem, or the spineless players from whom "you still struggle to think of a a starting eleven that could win a Premier League match."

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

We started the Champ with Fuller and Jones as our options from memory (and Theo)

Yes we did you’re correct. Fuller and Jones up front, Tomas Haito and right back, Powell at centre back, Dennis Wise coming off the bench!

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Ormerod stuck around for the first half of that Championship season before joining Preston, I don't think he started too regularly though. He had hardly played for us in the relegation season with loan spells at Leeds and Wigan. Although I seem to remember he randomly started the final game against Man United with Phillips on the bench! 

Looks like we are losing more talent from the staff https://trainingground.guru/articles/manchester-united-hire-southamptons-lead-data-scientist

With Crocker, Shields, and the lots from Luton gone or going and only being replaced by Jason Wilcox. I know Sport Republic want to centralise data and scouting and recruitment but will be interesting to see what happens next.

8 hours ago, daldridge7 said:

Looks like we are losing more talent from the staff https://trainingground.guru/articles/manchester-united-hire-southamptons-lead-data-scientist

With Crocker, Shields, and the lots from Luton gone or going and only being replaced by Jason Wilcox. I know Sport Republic want to centralise data and scouting and recruitment but will be interesting to see what happens next.

Why would a top club want to hire a data scientist? Don't they read Saintsweb where that sort of thing has been shouted down as utter nonsense and a waste of time?