Armstrong

SKD

Bit harsh imo our good run was with him in the side. Him and Theo are our best number ten partnership.,

i thought he should have been introduced earlier today, was pretty clear djenepo was not cutting it.

Last two games he hasn’t  started 0 goals for us 🤔

Edited by pimpin4rizeal

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/01/2021 at 13:37, Turkish said:

Good news, I’m a big fan. We are a better team when he’s in it. 

I really like Armstrong but he does get caught with the ball once too often, a charge that could be labelled at others as well, to be fair. That said, the way we are trying to play now will invite that risk. But i like the way he drives forward and is not afraid to shoot and score. 

14 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

I really like Armstrong but he does get caught with the ball once too often, a charge that could be labelled at others as well, to be fair. That said, the way we are trying to play now will invite that risk. But i like the way he drives forward and is not afraid to shoot and score. 

I think that's a tactic, he never did it that much under Hughes and Theo does it, they both do it a lot. Get the ball and drive forward up the pitch, if it comes off great if not it draws free kicks or we press high up the pitch to win the ball back early. 

• 1 month later...

This 100% also a really nice guy, met him on trip to Edinburgh 2yrs back when he was in and out of team, he had plenty of time to chat to me and daughter and because of that he is now daughters favourite player,  but yes arguably one of our most important players , he seems to have it all for att mid, wherever he plays he drives us forward with his surging runs,  good skill, can play a pass and decent shooting from in or out of box

Edited by danjosaint

I thought he looked a player in his first pre season game at SMS after signing from Celtic.

In my opinion he then lost his way for a while and I assume this was due to a fitness thing and a rather powder puff approach to tackling.

More recently he has become an integral part of the first team both with and against the ball and with an added bonus of being able to score from midfield.

He has definitely turned into a positive signing.

Well done Stuart!!

3 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

Was it £7m? For some reason I thought it was £3.5m. Either way great business!

I used to think Steven Davis was the best bit of business for a UK player (sorry Verlaine) Saints ever did, but Armstrong might have him covered.