Saints Sign Kit Deal with Hummel

SuperSAINT

On 09/04/2021 at 17:44, doggface said:

42 hummel items now listed, the old red round neck draper tools sweatshirt coming soon too.  Timewarp!

Loving these retro jackets, they’ve made a pretty strong start to the partnership so far I’d say, look forward to seeing the new kits.

D6F98394-017C-43C5-9759-656D49BFF5D9.png

B1C0C66C-EB6F-407A-A9E0-C45B5686B5F0.png

1F1405A7-5F55-4E1D-9F0B-BDF2D80FE12B.png

11 hours ago, Badger said:

Interesting that the yellow shirt has been made available as a retro as my recollection is that we only wore it once (away v Arsenal), and it wasn't made available for sale at the time. 

gettyimages-533290155-2048x2048.thumb.jpg.35c98010037a25d48194febe6eabf28a.jpg

Think you have the wrong yellow ... the one they sell is this one:

https://www.footballshirtculture.com/Vintage-Football-Shirts/hummel-1989-91-southampton-match-issue-third-shirt.html

37 minutes ago, London Saint 82 said:

That shirt was first worn away to Derby in 1989. Also used away to Arsenal twice and Spurs. I think it might just have been the four uses. It was never available as a replica

• Like 1

On 11/04/2021 at 06:42, Saint_clark said:

Best thing they could do is put them all through the wash and sell them sponsorless, they'd shift them easily then.

I picked up a red sash on white when they first got reduced, but no matter how many times it goes through the wash the LD Sports logo won’t shift 😪

51 minutes ago, Mozz said:

I picked up a red sash on white when they first got reduced, but no matter how many times it goes through the wash the LD Sports logo won’t shift 😪

Just wash it for an hour on 30 degrees and it should peel right off, mine did. Doesn't fall off by itself it requires some encouragement. 

11 hours ago, sibster said:

Well my "Denmark" shirt arrived yesterday and I'm really happy with the quality and it takes me back to some happy times of being a saints fan. Hopefully it will become a new lucky shirt starting this weekend...... :) 

Mind me asking how the sponsor logos / club crest etc. are? Well attached or likely to start coming off after a couple of washes?  

15 hours ago, sibster said:

Well my "Denmark" shirt arrived yesterday and I'm really happy with the quality and it takes me back to some happy times of being a saints fan. Hopefully it will become a new lucky shirt starting this weekend...... :) 

Large fitting/small fitting?

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

Mind me asking how the sponsor logos / club crest etc. are? Well attached or likely to start coming off after a couple of washes?  

They look fairly robust but obviously time will tell. I tend to wash my shirts by hand and allow them to drip dry which helps keep them in a decent condition. 

13 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Large fitting/small fitting?

I got an XL and it fits pretty well, not too tight or baggy etc. It's quite long too which is nice as I'm not a fan of revealing my belly to the world when I stretch upwards!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, several weeks (And several washes) later my '87 home shirt is still absolutely and the sponsor etc show no signs of falling off. My only gripe is that it was proving to be anything but a lucky shirt until the Leicester game, hopefully that will signify a change of fortunes.....

On 12/04/2021 at 07:58, Kenilworthy said:

That shirt was first worn away to Derby in 1989. Also used away to Arsenal twice and Spurs. I think it might just have been the four uses. It was never available as a replica

I thought they wore it at Luton and possibly QPR too, but I could be mistaken.

There's only a couple of the original shirts still in existence. The majority were donated to a Sunday league team when Saints had finished with them. They stuck their own club badge and sponsorship over the Saints and Draper badges.

Screenshot_20210328-171440.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I thought they wore it at Luton and possibly QPR too, but I could be mistaken.

There's only a couple of the original shirts still in existence. The majority were donated to a Sunday league team when Saints had finished with them. They stuck their own club badge and sponsorship over the Saints and Draper badges.

Screenshot_20210328-171440.jpeg

yes it was worn at Luton. Had forgotten that as at the time away fans weren't allowed at Kenilworth Road. And it was also worn at Sheffield Wednesday

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Looks a bit ropey/not real.

I'm still hoping for a black pinstripes on the red stripes. You know, like the old days. I wish it was the old days.

my initial thought was its a photoshop, still looks better than UA managed though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scousesaint84 said:

my initial thought was its a photoshop, still looks better than UA managed though

Agree - there's a lot right about it. If the real thing is in that ballpark then I'd be happy with it.

The collar and sleeves are straight from the current Under Armour template (as featured on all three of our current shirts), so unless there's some bizarre situation where UA already did the kit and Hummel are just going to stick some logos on it it's a fake.

28 minutes ago, Mozz said:

The collar and sleeves are straight from the current Under Armour template (as featured on all three of our current shirts), so unless there's some bizarre situation where UA already did the kit and Hummel are just going to stick some logos on it it's a fake.

Also  Hummel's arrows/chevrons/whatever they call them are on top of the shoulder  not forward facing, so from that view seen in the photo exactly half should be visible. And they only put them on shoulder nowadays, not down the sleeve as well.

Edited by Wurzel
Clarity

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they are nylon replicas of originals, not cotton.

Material is nice but the cut is quite square.  I had the "denmark" one, sent it back as I didn't like the cut or the oversized v neck collar which was much thicker than the original.

Then again I am very fussy