Saints Sign Kit Deal with Hummel

SuperSAINT

On 18/01/2021 at 16:48, doggface said:

Very happy with this news.

A couple of people on this forum mentioned that this was in the works, apologies I forgot who.

The new home kit which would have been signed off months ago.  Again was mentioned by a couple of people as similar to the kit worn in the last league game at the Dell, with a V neck and thin red and white stripes with a black outline.  That would likely mean a modern take on this then:

Southampton 1989-91 Home Kit

I always liked our bold red stripes with thin black outlining. Striking.

However never liked the way the sponsors name looked like it was clumsily stitched on.

On 18/01/2021 at 16:48, doggface said:

Very happy with this news.

A couple of people on this forum mentioned that this was in the works, apologies I forgot who.

The new home kit which would have been signed off months ago.  Again was mentioned by a couple of people as similar to the kit worn in the last league game at the Dell, with a V neck and thin red and white stripes with a black outline.  That would likely mean a modern take on this then:

Southampton 1989-91 Home Kit

I have to say the old Hummel kits were all pants IMO - especially the sleeves.  If you can't line the stripes up with the main body then don't bother - keep them plain.  That said, Hummel have come a long way since then and this seasons kits at other clubs look like decent designs.  Quality of material isn't really an issue for me as it's all polyester which when put in the same sentence as quality simply doesn't work.

23 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

I find myself distrustful of what looks like poorly stuck on logos and club crest 🙃

So, pretty realistic then. That's exactly what the hummel kits were like. I had the Denmark red and the white and "Solent Green" one and I loved then but I can still hear my parents moaning about what awful quality they were.

5 hours ago, tunit said:

You can now buy official Hummel retro shirts on the saints store. https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/hummel/c-1/c-426 

Just bought myself one of the home shirts as it's possibly my favourite saints shirt of all time. It instantly takes me back to the Wallace brothers, Shearer, Le Tissier et al. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay but cheaper than ones I've seen on eBay etc recently. 

When someone has one of these retro kits, could you give an update on the quality - particularly the logos. Agree they look quality, but not interested in spending £55 on a shirt that the logos will fall off of after a couple of washes.

39 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

When someone has one of these retro kits, could you give an update on the quality - particularly the logos. Agree they look quality, but not interested in spending £55 on a shirt that the logos will fall off of after a couple of washes.

I'll let you know after mine arrives. To be honest I've always washed my footy shirts by hand so have never had any problems with logos peeling etc (apart from the JPT transfer that the club added to existing shirts, that fell off almost straight away and had to be replaced!)

Interesting that the only shirt (i think) that they haven't produced in this range yet is the classic 1989 - 1991 home shirt, the first time we wore 'traditional' stripes for years.  That shirt brings back some very happy memories of Shearer, MLT, Rod Wallace etc in a 4-2-4 formation.   Now.......why would that shirt not be produced along with all the others I wonder.....??🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Interesting that the only shirt (i think) that they haven't produced in this range yet is the classic 1989 - 1991 home shirt, the first time we wore 'traditional' stripes for years.  That shirt brings back some very happy memories of Shearer, MLT, Rod Wallace etc in a 4-2-4 formation.   Now.......why would that shirt not be produced along with all the others I wonder.....??🕵️‍♂️

They did a retro version of that shirt at the end of last season minus the hummel logo. It sold out quite quickly (I bought one at the time) but stocks were never replenished. I wonder if there will either be a "hummel" retro version in due course or, as you hint, it could be next season's shirt will be based on it.

11 minutes ago, malcolm waldron said:

Got to be next season's kit. It is objectively perfect in every way.

Greatest shorts we ever wore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I'll see that and I'll raise you...

I can still remember most of this commentary word for word, as I bought the VHS of the season highlights that year and watched it over and over.

Great memories of this game.

- Matty in his pomp, fantastic faked shot and pass to Rod Wallace for the second (that stop and drag back by Rod! Holy!)

- Great ball from Matty and a terrific volley by Rod Wallace for the third.

- Rare headed goal by Le Tiss, great cross by Rod Wallace.

- Jason Dodd and a very young Shearer, Rideout, Case, Osman, Flowers...what a side!

• Like 3

On 07/04/2021 at 14:31, tunit said:

You can now buy official Hummel retro shirts on the saints store. https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/hummel/c-1/c-426 

I've had:

1 Lambert Signed Framed shirt

2 X Saints FC Glass the £10 quid one. Girlfriend broke one.

1 X Saints FC Mug

But what the hell is this:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/souvenirs-gifts/executive-gifts/c-1/c-274

"Limited Edition Winchester Pitch Infused Gin"

Wtf is 'Pitch Infused' supposed to mean?

2 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

I've had:

1 Lambert Signed Framed shirt

2 X Saints FC Glass the £10 quid one. Girlfriend broke one.

1 X Saints FC Mug

But what the hell is this:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/souvenirs-gifts/executive-gifts/c-1/c-274

"Limited Edition Winchester Pitch Infused Gin"

Wtf is 'Pitch Infused' supposed to mean?

"In collaboration with Hampshire's Winchester Distillery, we have created a limited edition bespoke gin with carefully sourced botanicals including grass from the St Mary's Stadium pitch"

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

"In collaboration with Hampshire's Winchester Distillery, we have created a limited edition bespoke gin with carefully sourced botanicals including grass from the St Mary's Stadium pitch"

If it wasn't £40 quid a bottle, I'd be tempted to order one out of curiosity. 

32 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Definite present for the Saints fan who has everything (and likes Gin) 😃

Don't know anyone who likes it.

I don't mind it, somehow literally stumbled into a proper gin bar in some obscure backstreet in Exeter city centre once and was ok.

Wouldn't pay £40 quid for a bottle of Saints one though, would make a good gift like you say for novelty value.

Not really into replica kits / shirts it's just not something I would ever wear and never have done.

11 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

Don't know anyone who likes it.

I don't mind it, somehow literally stumbled into a proper gin bar in some obscure backstreet in Exeter city centre once and was ok.

Wouldn't pay £40 quid for a bottle of Saints one though, would make a good gift like you say for novelty value.

Not really into replica kits / shirts it's just not something I would ever wear and never have done.

I’m starting to get to the age where I probably look a bit dumb wearing a replica shirt, but do love the retro ones.

I live in Exeter so may have frequented said bar myself!