Jump to content

Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

We are about to reach herd immunity and have the lowest death rate in Europe (or one of).  You would have thought this was the biggest news of the year, yet very little about it on the front pages or the news.

 

It’s all very strange and starting not to ring true to me. I’m under no illusions how bad Covid CAN be, but with half the country vaccinated how can there be a wave as bad as January.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s all very strange and starting not to ring true to me. I’m under no illusions how bad Covid CAN be, but with half the country vaccinated how can there be a wave as bad as January.

I'm with you, I don't have any questions in terms of how serious it can be and I'm not one of those who thinks the entire thing was made up on day 1. But to me, this feels like it's being prolonged now, and like you...the stats aren't adding up to me?

There's still a lot of fear mongering out there, mainly put out by the SAGE guys if you read it. We were told that vaccines are the way out of this....but now we're starting to hear, as per last year ''testing is the way out of this'' - what is it? If we've all been jabbed, why is testing the key again?

Surely there has to come a point when we all get back to normal? If the scientists have their way then It feels like this is going to be an endless cycle of the same for years upon years upon years. Opening up, closing down, opening up, closing down.  ''Infections are rising, mutation number x - we all need a new jab, new lockdown required''. Rinse/repeat etc.

Edited by S-Clarke
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s all very strange and starting not to ring true to me. I’m under no illusions how bad Covid CAN be, but with half the country vaccinated how can there be a wave as bad as January.

I can only assume they're fearing a new dominant variant that'll circulate amongst the unvaccinated causing a wave there, and possibly also bypassing the vaccine in those who've been vaccinated. Nothing else makes sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, egg said:

I can only assume they're fearing a new dominant variant that'll circulate amongst the unvaccinated causing a wave there, and possibly also bypassing the vaccine in those who've been vaccinated. Nothing else makes sense. 

Why bother with the vaccine then if all that’s going to happen is a new variant avoids the vaccine and attacks everyone who hasn’t had one? They said there would be thousands of variants from day one and it’s only when the vaccines started rolling out they started going on about variants of concern. everyone get a vaccine it’ll all be fine, now even with that we’re being told in September there Will be as many people in hospital as there were in January. Nah not having it. 
 

 

I’m not even convinced they’re properly tracking the variants anyway, I asked my mates wife to ask the hospital which variant he had, they didn’t know it was just down as Covid, surely if you’re going to test anyone it’s someone who’s been on life support for two months with the damn thing. 
 

as I say I’m under no illusions how bad it can be, but it’s not stacking up now. Especially as this is what the third or fourth time we’ve been down this “only a couple more months” line for the goalposts to them be moved 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Why bother with the vaccine then if all that’s going to happen is a new variant avoids the vaccine and attacks everyone who hasn’t had one? They said there would be thousands of variants from day one and it’s only when the vaccines started rolling out they started going on about variants of concern. everyone get a vaccine it’ll all be fine, now even with that we’re being told in September there Will be as many people in hospital as there were in January. Nah not having it. 
 

 

I’m not even convinced they’re properly tracking the variants anyway, I asked my mates wife to ask the hospital which variant he had, they didn’t know it was just down as Covid, surely if you’re going to test anyone it’s someone who’s been on life support for two months with the damn thing. 
 

as I say I’m under no illusions how bad it can be, but it’s not stacking up now. Especially as this is what the third or fourth time we’ve been down this “only a couple more months” line for the goalposts to them be moved 

What's your theory on why they're saying it? To my mind, it should be second jabs for those who've had first, then crack on pretty much. There has to be a reason why that's not happening and we're being told to brace for another round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, egg said:

What's your theory on why they're saying it? To my mind, it should be second jabs for those who've had first, then crack on pretty much. There has to be a reason why that's not happening and we're being told to brace for another round. 

I’ve no idea. But to say one minute get a vaccine that’s the answer to getting out of this, no more lockdowns, let’s get back to normal then a few weeks later to say stand by,  it’s going to be as bad as it got in 5 months time doesn’t ring true particularly when the evidence of last Summer suggests the virus almost died out with the better weather last year. It’s either extreme scaremongering or something else going on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s the same old method isn’t it. Just a few more months they say, then we get their drip fed articles about how we aren’t there yet, new variants, vaccines are our way out of it, now testing it our way out of it, it goes on and on and round and round. 

I can’t see a motive for something like this. Who benefits? Boris has slightly more control over a miserable population, and we suppress our GDP and productivity. 

What would be the point?

/edit - just seen you’ve basically responded above! 

 

Edited by Plastic
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, egg said:

What's your theory on why they're saying it? To my mind, it should be second jabs for those who've had first, then crack on pretty much. There has to be a reason why that's not happening and we're being told to brace for another round. 

SAGE are a bunch of pussies

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Boris needs to send SAGE packing. The epidemic has been over for weeks in this country, covid is endemic now and we need to learn to live with it. 
We can’t keep social distancing measures late into the summer just in case a variant comes along that gets round the vaccines, or we’ll be permanently in limbo playing cat and mouse with boosters and lockdowns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they had a briefing lately? If so has someone not had the wit to ask who is getting Covid then and who is going to be causing the 3rd wave? Are these fuckers addicted to being on tv or something?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are just being over cautious with their language because they know if they say it’s all going to be over in a couple of months a large chunk of the population will just dive straight in with their sex parties and there will be another wave before the  vaccines are properly rolled out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

They are just being over cautious with their language because they know if they say it’s all going to be over in a couple of months a large chunk of the population will just dive straight in with their sex parties and there will be another wave before the  vaccines are properly rolled out.

But if the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the unvaccinated are not vulnerable what’s the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, aintforever said:

They are just being over cautious with their language because they know if they say it’s all going to be over in a couple of months a large chunk of the population will just dive straight in with their sex parties and there will be another wave before the  vaccines are properly rolled out.

Doesn’t really explain why social distancing is still going to be in place after 21st June 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But if the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the unvaccinated are not vulnerable what’s the problem?

This is the million dollar question. All we've been fed for the last year is how the over's are venerable, anyone younger it is a very mild disease. This has been born out in the stats, and that is actually the words Chris Whitty uttered.  There will be some younger people who have been badly effected, that will happen sadly - but statically it's quite rare.

But it's just backtrack city. It was the same last year, we had Boris say in the summer last year how he expected us to be back to normal by November and remove the final forms of social distancing. But along came variant number 2 and we've been in lockdown pretty much since October/November time. Granted we didn't have a vaccine at that point...but the government do have form for significant backtracking because the SAGE fellas have scared them into it.

Going by some science I've read, the way the vaccines are 'coded' means that it's very unlikely that they'll be resistant to any form of variant - maybe slightly less effective in some circumstances, but according to the science these vaccines should provide a form of protection for all variants.

It's wholly possible we may have to get regular 'boosters' to pump up it's 100% effectiveness, but I don't believe we should remain in lockdown or social distasting whilst we wait for a booster. I just have a hunch that's the line we'll hear come the winter.

Edited by S-Clarke
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

But if the vulnerable have been vaccinated and the unvaccinated are not vulnerable what’s the problem?

I doubt all the vulnerable have, plus it’s not only the vulnerable who die or get effected by long Covid so It probably makes sense to delay the sex parties until June. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I doubt all the vulnerable have, plus it’s not only the vulnerable who die or get effected by long Covid so It probably makes sense to delay the sex parties until June. 

But it's not going to go away, that's the reality. Vaccinations and herd immunity will make it very manageable, but it's not going to go away. It will always be a risk - so do we continue to shut ourselves away in case of this?

Should we stop driving in case we have a car accident?

Should I stay in, in case a car runs me over?

Should I avoid going to the doctors/or hospital in the winter in case I catch the Flu and get very ill from it?

Life is full of risks, it's always been full of risks, but as a world we learn to live with those risks and you have to weigh up each side. We either hide ourselves behind masks and 2m away from everyone for years, or we accept there will always be a risk and we just live with it?

I fully expect the mask wearing, 2m distancing, queues outside shops, no drinking at bars, x amount in stadiums to continue long after June - and that's what myself and others just don't get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I doubt all the vulnerable have, plus it’s not only the vulnerable who die or get effected by long Covid so It probably makes sense to delay the sex parties until June. 

I must declare a personal interest here and say that I have no chance of being part of any sex parties in the rest of my lifetime. Just as long as I’m not prevented from doing what I want to do and hanging around waiting for the loopies to slobber over each other.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But it's not going to go away, that's the reality. Vaccinations and herd immunity will make it very manageable, but it's not going to go away. It will always be a risk - so do we continue to shut ourselves away in case of this?

Should we stop driving in case we have a car accident?

Should I stay in, in case a car runs me over?

Should I avoid going to the doctors/or hospital in the winter in case I catch the Flu and get very ill from it?

Life is full of risks, it's always been full of risks, but as a world we learn to live with those risks and you have to weigh up each side. We either hide ourselves behind masks and 2m away from everyone for years, or we accept there will always be a risk and we just live with it?

I fully expect the mask wearing, 2m distancing, queues outside shops, no drinking at bars, x amount in stadiums to continue long after June - and that's what myself and others just don't get.

This, this and these.

We have lost sight of the reason for living.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Should we stop driving in case we have a car accident?

Should I stay in, in case a car runs me over?

No but you should wear a seat belt, drive within the speed limits and not drink before hand.

No but you should stop, look both ways and only cross somewhere where it's safe and you have a clear view.

That's basically what we're being asked to do in the medium term. Take reasonable precautions to try and reduce the risk of transmission as much as possible. Having to stand outside TK Maxx for 5 minutes and wear a mask when you go inside isn't going to hurt anyone, or take away their job. I don't know why people see this as being so unreasonable when 90% of the rest of the world is ridden with COVID and unvaccinated.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lighthouse said:

No but you should wear a seat belt, drive within the speed limits and not drink before hand.

No but you should stop, look both ways and only cross somewhere where it's safe and you have a clear view.

That's basically what we're being asked to do in the medium term. Take reasonable precautions to try and reduce the risk of transmission as much as possible. Having to stand outside TK Maxx for 5 minutes and wear a mask when you go inside isn't going to hurt anyone, or take away their job. I don't know why people see this as being so unreasonable when 90% of the rest of the world is ridden with COVID and unvaccinated.

But at what point does the vaccine actually provide the protection we were told it was going to provide? If we still hide away once everyone is vaccinated and we have herd immunity in play, then why? The risk is so low at that stage. If we're worried about the stages other countries are at then we will never, ever get out of this cycle.

Wearing a mask in isolation isn't the problem, it's when we're not allowed to mix with people, or go to stadiums as we used to do. If we want everything in the world to be 100% before we open that level back up again, then we probably should accept that we will never, ever be able to open up to that level again - and that's pretty sad.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But it's not going to go away, that's the reality. Vaccinations and herd immunity will make it very manageable, but it's not going to go away. It will always be a risk - so do we continue to shut ourselves away in case of this?

Should we stop driving in case we have a car accident?

Should I stay in, in case a car runs me over?

Should I avoid going to the doctors/or hospital in the winter in case I catch the Flu and get very ill from it?

Life is full of risks, it's always been full of risks, but as a world we learn to live with those risks and you have to weigh up each side. We either hide ourselves behind masks and 2m away from everyone for years, or we accept there will always be a risk and we just live with it?

I fully expect the mask wearing, 2m distancing, queues outside shops, no drinking at bars, x amount in stadiums to continue long after June - and that's what myself and others just don't get.

I agree, but the numbers in hospital during the last wave was very high, and that was with a lockdown. Even with a decent amount of people vaccinated, a return to normal now might see another spike. Or they are more worried about a vaccine evading mutation than they are letting on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

But at what point does the vaccine actually provide the protection we were told it was going to provide?

Now. That's why we're opening everything up again. I don't get your point, you're arguing as if we've all had vaccines and the government has told us we're staying locked down for the rest of the year. That's clearly not the case, we're opening everything up. The vaccines have given us back freedoms currently being denied to most of Europe and we're well on course to get more of them back in the coming months.

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If we still hide away once everyone is vaccinated and we have herd immunity in play, then why?

But we aren't, why are you saying this? We've even been given exact dates - April 12th, May 17th and June 21st - for what we can expect to happen. 

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Wearing a mask in isolation isn't the problem, it's when we're not allowed to mix with people, or go to stadiums as we used to do

Again, we are allowed to mix with people, why would you pretend we can't? On Monday you'll be allowed in beer gardens, shops and meet ups in gardens. Even stadium gatherings are being trialed too. There will be limited numbers allowed into football matches in 10 days time to check on the effects of mixing and the logistics of running events this way. I've booked tickets for the British Grand Prix and I see no reason why I wont be able to use them.

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If we want everything in the world to be 100% before we open that level back up again, then we probably should accept that we will never, ever be able to open up to that level again - and that's pretty sad.

Also not true. The rest of the world is pretty much buggered with Corona and if we want to travel to it, we're going to have to take suitable precautions in the coming months. We're being told that if we all take our vaccines, maintain social distancing and wear masks where possible, we can basically return to almost normality over the next two months and 13 days. Beyond that... well we'll see but let's not pretend the vaccines have achieved nothing and we're all going to be locked in our homes for the next five years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Now. That's why we're opening everything up again. I don't get your point, you're arguing as if we've all had vaccines and the government has told us we're staying locked down for the rest of the year. That's clearly not the case, we're opening everything up. 

You’re deluded. 50% full stadiums in July for the Euros. Festivals cancelling left right and centre. 
 

It. Is. Not. Happening. This. Year 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Now. That's why we're opening everything up again. I don't get your point, you're arguing as if we've all had vaccines and the government has told us we're staying locked down for the rest of the year. That's clearly not the case, we're opening everything up. The vaccines have given us back freedoms currently being denied to most of Europe and we're well on course to get more of them back in the coming months.

But we aren't, why are you saying this? We've even been given exact dates - April 12th, May 17th and June 21st - for what we can expect to happen. 

Again, we are allowed to mix with people, why would you pretend we can't? On Monday you'll be allowed in beer gardens, shops and meet ups in gardens. Even stadium gatherings are being trialed too. There will be limited numbers allowed into football matches in 10 days time to check on the effects of mixing and the logistics of running events this way. I've booked tickets for the British Grand Prix and I see no reason why I wont be able to use them.

Also not true. The rest of the world is pretty much buggered with Corona and if we want to travel to it, we're going to have to take suitable precautions in the coming months. We're being told that if we all take our vaccines, maintain social distancing and wear masks where possible, we can basically return to almost normality over the next two months and 13 days. Beyond that... well we'll see but let's not pretend the vaccines have achieved nothing and we're all going to be locked in our homes for the next five years.

We're not opening everything back up though are we?

There will still be significant restrictions on elements of 'normal life' come June, you can bet your house on it. My job for example - we've been told we cannot go back to an office until November at the earliest. At a significant cost to the tax payer, 200k upwards, it's being revamped in order to abide to 'social distancing'. And every other site in my industry is the same. An obscene spending of public money on something that shouldn't really be needed, but it seems like we're being slowly lulled into a lifetime of social distancing.

Beyond that, what happens? If the vaccines are indeed our 'way out' then we should be able to fill St Mary's in August. I'm not holding my breath though.

Edited by S-Clarke
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We're not opening everything back up though are we?

There will still be significant restrictions on elements of 'normal life' come June, you can bet your house on it. My job for example - we've been told we cannot go back to an office until November at the earliest. At a significant cost to the tax payer, 200k upwards, it's being revamped in order to abide to 'social distancing'. And every other site in my industry is the same. An obscene spending of public money on something that shouldn't really be needed, but it seems like we're being slowly lulled into a lifetime of social distancing.

Beyond that, what happens? If the vaccines are indeed our 'way out' then we should be able to fill St Mary's in August. I'm not holding my breath though.

Report in the Mail suggests that the PL are fully on board with vaccine passports, in the hope of getting full stadiums next season.

I suspect that one way or another there will be quite a lot of empty seats at many PL grounds for a good while yet. Have the clubs asked the fans for their views ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

50% full stadiums in July for the Euros

I don't know how to put this without sounding sarcastic but the clue is in the word 'Euro'. After the UK, the countries in Europe with the highest vaccination rates are Malta, Serbia, Hungary, Estonia, Iceland, Lithuania and Denmark. They're the only countries who've vaccinated more than 20% of their population and out of those only Hungary and Denmark actually qualified. That 20% is almost entirely senior citizens who don't go jetting around Europe to watch football games anyway.

 

So no, we're unlikely to see tens of thousands of Russians, Ukrainians and Croats (who will be pretty much entirely unvaccinated) packing out stadiums across Europe in three months time. If that bothers you then I'm sorry, you'll have to live with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

I don't know how to put this without sounding sarcastic but the clue is in the word 'Euro'. After the UK, the countries in Europe with the highest vaccination rates are Malta, Serbia, Hungary, Estonia, Iceland, Lithuania and Denmark. They're the only countries who've vaccinated more than 20% of their population and out of those only Hungary and Denmark actually qualified. That 20% is almost entirely senior citizens who don't go jetting around Europe to watch football games anyway.

 

So no, we're unlikely to see tens of thousands of Russians, Ukrainians and Croats (who will be pretty much entirely unvaccinated) packing out stadiums across Europe in three months time. If that bothers you then I'm sorry, you'll have to live with it.

June 22nd, England vs Czech Republic, could be a must win game and it’s only 25% capacity, a full month after the “trial” FA cup final. 
Tell me more about us not being able to let the Dutch over to help us fill Wembley for an England game or whatever bollocks it is you’ll come out with next. 

It’s not a rule that we have to let other countries fans come over to watch their team play, the FA would be chomping at the bit to sell those tickets to English fans to pack out Wembley regardless of who is playing. 
 

Social distancing is not going anywhere this year which means we aren’t “opening everything up” as you keep saying. 



 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

June 22nd, England vs Czech Republic, could be a must win game and it’s only 25% capacity, a full month after the “trial” FA cup final. 
Tell me more about us not being able to let the Dutch over to help us fill Wembley for an England game or whatever bollocks it is you’ll come out with next. 

It’s not a rule that we have to let other countries fans come over to watch their team play, the FA would be chomping at the bit to sell those tickets to English fans to pack out Wembley regardless of who is playing. 
 

Social distancing is not going anywhere this year which means we aren’t “opening everything up” as you keep saying. 



 

 

Depending on which scientist you listen to, the vaccines offer around 65% immunity, around three weeks after having the first jab. Given that a significant proportion of football attendees are younger men, under 40, who we won’t even make a start on giving their first does to until well into May, then yes; a packed out football stadium a month later is probably pushing your luck.

 

Anyway, you carry on being upset about that if it bothers you so much. I’m going to enjoy the haircut, massage, day out shopping, round of golf and meet up with my mates in a beer garden I’ve got planned (all in the next six days).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Anyway, you carry on being upset about that if it bothers you so much. 

Have you forgotten this is a football forum, and lo and behold people might actually care about being able to go and watch football (properly) again? You sanctimonious prick. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s the same old method isn’t it. Just a few more months they say, then we get their drip fed articles about how we aren’t there yet, new variants, vaccines are our way out of it, now testing it our way out of it, it goes on and on and round and round.  This latest news from Sage is particularly baffling though, there seems to be absolutely no reason why we’re to expect a late summer wave as bad as January. I also don’t get the look at how bad it is in Europe rationale either. It was really bad in Europe this time last year, films of vans full of bodies being carried away in Italy, the french having to carry documents to prove why they were out the house. Yet despite all that last summer life was relatively normal here with minimal infections. Now with half the country vaccinated and saying herd immunity on Monday they’re saying prepare for another big wave back end of the summer, Not buying it. None of it stacks up

Can I ask, if you are not buying any of it and believe it to be baffling etc., are you not in effect saying you believe this is some sort of con/scam?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CollinsDic said:

Can I ask, if you are not buying any of it and believe it to be baffling etc., are you not in effect saying you believe this is some sort of con/scam?

I wouldn’t call it a con or scam but there must be ulterior motives at play here. Maybe a reluctance to relinquish control, maybe a diversionary tactic to hide deeper problems, whatever the reasons they ought to have the full support of the people.

Lives have been put on hold, businesses have been scuppered, lifetimes of work have been binned, there’s no justification for prolonging it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skintsaint said:

There will be some wild shots (more than usual) once all the courses open back up for sure 😄

Played 3 times since they opened, even my mate who plays off 2 was smashing it all over the place and picked up on two holes, it’s a great leveler 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CollinsDic said:

Can I ask, if you are not buying any of it and believe it to be baffling etc., are you not in effect saying you believe this is some sort of con/scam?

I don’t think it’s a scam as a very good friend of mine almost died because of it. But there is defiantly something strange going on with an awful lot of scaremongering. For example we never heard anything about new variants Of concern until just before they started rolling out the vaccines. The roadmap seemed sensible when it was first announced, no more lockdowns, led by data etc, all good but now we’re hearing reports of huge new waves when everyone is going to be vaccinated, it just doesn’t ring true.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I wouldn’t call it a con or scam but there must be ulterior motives at play here. Maybe a reluctance to relinquish control, maybe a diversionary tactic to hide deeper problems, whatever the reasons they ought to have the full support of the people.

Lives have been put on hold, businesses have been scuppered, lifetimes of work have been binned, there’s no justification for prolonging it.

This I agree with wholeheartedly. There is more to this than some flu variant of a virus. This is all part of a longer term game plan to change the way we all live forever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I wouldn’t call it a con or scam but there must be ulterior motives at play here. Maybe a reluctance to relinquish control, maybe a diversionary tactic to hide deeper problems, whatever the reasons they ought to have the full support of the people.

Lives have been put on hold, businesses have been scuppered, lifetimes of work have been binned, there’s no justification for prolonging it.

 

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I don’t think it’s a scam as a very good friend of mine almost died because of it. But there is defiantly something strange going on with an awful lot of scaremongering. For example we never heard anything about new variants Of concern until just before they started rolling out the vaccines. The roadmap seemed sensible when it was first announced, no more lockdowns, led by data etc, all good but now we’re hearing reports of huge new waves when everyone is going to be vaccinated, it just doesn’t ring true.

I’m probably going to regret posting this but here goes...
 

You need to look past covid (and before I get jumped on I’m in no way a denier, it’s just massively over played), and look towards the world economic forum and the great reset (build back better) if you really want to understand what’s going on. 
 

For example, one of their top goals is to remove America as the world’s superpower and have a more “social” society. 

And before some of you start jumping up and down, the world economic forum is where all of our future gets decided and I’m just an observer  who doesn’t believe their motives are good. 

Edited by Raging Bull
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

 

I’m probably going to regret posting this but here goes...
 

You need to look past covid (and before I get jumped on I’m in no way a denier, it’s just massively over played), and look towards the world economic forum and the great reset (build back better) if you really want to understand what’s going on. 
 

For example, one of their top goals is to remove America as the world’s superpower and have a more “social” society. 

And before some of you start jumping up and down, the world economic forum is where all of our future gets decided and I’m just an observer  who doesn’t believe their motives are good. 

OK, so in that case was COVID just a lucky coincidence for them, or was it planned? It has given the WEF the perfect chance to start this reset, so lucky coincidence or sinister?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the radio this morning, the narrative offered by today's minister was about "managing variants".  Also, we (apparently) have to be careful of the pending 3rd wave!  WTF? 

I thought the 3rd wave was supposed to start when kids went back to school/uni.  Where is it?

I believe that the negative tone is keep the pressure on people getting jabbed (fair enough), but I feel decisions are (and have been for a while) being made by all, with an eye on the obvious enquiry into this period. Like the idea of giving away 10s of millions of flow tests. I mean, what on earth will that achieve? Absolutely nothing, bar loads (thousands) of false positives (and panic by some).

Edited by AlexLaw76
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

 

I’m probably going to regret posting this but here goes...
 

You need to look past covid (and before I get jumped on I’m in no way a denier, it’s just massively over played), and look towards the world economic forum and the great reset (build back better) if you really want to understand what’s going on. 
 

For example, one of their top goals is to remove America as the world’s superpower and have a more “social” society. 

And before some of you start jumping up and down, the world economic forum is where all of our future gets decided and I’m just an observer  who doesn’t believe their motives are good. 

What a load of bollocks, there is no government on the planet that wants to close stuff down and pay people to sit on their arses at home and watch Netflix.

Our government are probably being over cautious because they have fucked up before and the language is all doom and gloom because they don’t want people jumping the gun before the vaccines have been fully rolled out.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raging Bull said:

 

I’m probably going to regret posting this but here goes...
 

You need to look past covid (and before I get jumped on I’m in no way a denier, it’s just massively over played), and look towards the world economic forum and the great reset (build back better) if you really want to understand what’s going on. 
 

For example, one of their top goals is to remove America as the world’s superpower and have a more “social” society. 

And before some of you start jumping up and down, the world economic forum is where all of our future gets decided and I’m just an observer  who doesn’t believe their motives are good. 

Jesus wept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Raging Bull said:

 

I’m probably going to regret posting this but here goes......You need to look past covid and look towards the world economic forum and the great reset (build back better) if you really want to understand what’s going on. One of their top goals is to remove America as the world’s superpower and have a more “social” society. 

...the world economic forum is where all of our future gets decided and I’m just an observer who doesn’t believe their motives are good. 

I've been to the WEF. I thought I was at a talking shop where companies came to burnish their image and charities came to lobby them. Oddly I never once felt like a plutocrat or even that I met one.  Also when you say "their" you do realise its 90% different people who go every year?   

Edited by buctootim
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say that the current rhetoric is pretty obvious.

The group with the highest number of 'anti vaxxers' is the 20 - 35 year olds (completely understandable given the minimal effects that the virus has on this group).  It therefore stands to reason that a certain amount of 'scaremongering' will happen the closer we get to that age group being due for their jabs.  Expect the messages to get more and more 'encouraging' over the coming months....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be interested to know what  those of you who are parents of school age kids think about getting your children vaccinated ? Or even hearsay evidence from friends and colleagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, teamsaint said:

I'd be interested to know what  those of you who are parents of school age kids think about getting your children vaccinated ? Or even hearsay evidence from friends and colleagues.

I guess I see it as a bit of a non issue. Not much upside since they are unlikely to get ill but not much downside from having it either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teamsaint said:

I'd be interested to know what  those of you who are parents of school age kids think about getting your children vaccinated ? Or even hearsay evidence from friends and colleagues.

I don't mind either way what ours do. The eldest is 15 so I'd let him make his own choice. If there is some sort of passport and it meant he could go to gigs and football matches again he'd no doubt have it tomorrow if offered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Turkish said:

Do we know how many people died from flu this year?

394 between 1 jan and 31 Aug 2020.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsduetocoronaviruscovid19comparedwithdeathsfrominfluenzaandpneumoniaenglandandwales/deathsoccurringbetween1januaryand31august2020

Quote

between January and August 2020, there were 48,168 deaths due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) compared with 13,619 deaths due to pneumonia and 394 deaths due to influenza.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})