Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

25 minutes ago, SaintBitterne said:

Pope to Saints odds slashed this morning on Skybet

No official word from the Vatican mind...

Now that would be good business. Extra sweet if we can get some choice words in about what a well run club Burnley "used" to be...

15 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get the negativity around him. Surely a better player than Diallo and Smallbone? 

Just reading on The DE site that Forest have enquired about Smallbone. Probably old news but hadn't seen it posted when I flicked through here.

I like Winks, he’s a tidy player, although he’s all too similar to JWP and Diallo And I’m not sure he’s a huge upgrade on Diallo, so for that reason I’d pass on him, unless we plan on selling JWP. 

Pope… very good keeper, but I can’t see us signing him. Firstly because he’ll be bloody expensive and secondly because he wouldn’t suit the style in which we want to play. 

If we could get rid of Walcott, Djenepo and Elyounoussi that would surely give room for some good additions in the #10 role.

But with a year left he isnt going to take a pay cut and a subsidised loan isnt really worth it for us.

Edited by Dusic

1 hour ago, SaintBitterne said:

Pope to Saints odds slashed this morning on Skybet

No official word from the Vatican mind...

I thought Pope would end up at West Ham, but they're apparently going to make Areola permanent for €9m. If Newcastle are getting Dean Henderson then I guess it would be an easy assumption to suggest he might end up here. I don't think he would be top of Ralph's list though. 

40 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Bit of a step down for Moi surely? I mean sure he'd get to play in six CL games before they get knocked out but the rest of the year he'd be playing in the Turkish League. He made 30 PL appearances for us this season and did okay.

37 minutes ago, Dusic said:

If we could get rid of Walcott, Djenepo and Elyounoussi that would surely give room for some good additions in the #10 role.

It certainly would.  History shows us it's not that easy.

I wonder if the Theo/MLS rumour has any legs to it, though?

Walcott going to the MLS would be nice for one final pay day.

Djenepo is pants, we’ll be lucky to get a loan even partially subsidised for him for his final year of contract.

Ely I think we’ll get around £5m, probably not much more.

In regards to GK’s Nick Pope might want to stay up north and I imagine he’ll have his sights set on a club either on the up or who finished in a reasonable position in the table. We are neither.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, igsey said:

Bit of a step down for Moi surely? I mean sure he'd get to play in six CL games before they get knocked out but the rest of the year he'd be playing in the Turkish League. He made 30 PL appearances for us this season and did okay.

One would assume if he did leave for them then it would be because he’s been told he is no longer needed and/or can leave..

1 hour ago, Dman said:

I like Winks, he’s a tidy player, although he’s all too similar to JWP and Diallo And I’m not sure he’s a huge upgrade on Diallo, so for that reason I’d pass on him, unless we plan on selling JWP. 

I like Winks, what he lacks is the same as the most of our players, consistency. He's brilliant a couple of games a season and woeful for a couple of games a season and the rest of the time he floats between the two.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Neither David Watson or Kelvin Davis were the Southampton 1st team keeper coach. The 1st team keeper coach is Andrew Sparkes. 

He didn’t say they were…come on give us another stupid childish Gif.

Why don’t you stick to offering opinions rather than trying to be a bellend questioning other’s views.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greenridge said:

Just reading on The DE site that Forest have enquired about Smallbone. Probably old news but hadn't seen it posted when I flicked through here.

discussed in brief on bottom half of page 45 of this thread. Unusual link considering he hasn't played very much. You wonder why Forest would be considering him, but equally, with two years left on is contract doesn't feel like an agent placed story either.

• Like 1

Crawley could appoint a woman as their new manager.

There's literally no reason why female managers managing men's teams can't work. The problem is, it needs to be a long term commitment to do this. Look at the way that managers are turned on so quickly now a days as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong and so as soon as something goes wrong it'll be "GET HER OUT, WOMEN CAN'T BE MANAGERS" etc. 

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

There's literally no reason why female managers managing men's teams can't work. The problem is, it needs to be a long term commitment to do this. Look at the way that managers are turned on so quickly now a days as soon as the slightest thing goes wrong and so as soon as something goes wrong it'll be "GET HER OUT, WOMEN CAN'T BE MANAGERS" etc. 

its seems a long time ago since the Manageress aired on Channel 4 in 1989.

17 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Who do you think he meant by the 'Chuckle brothers'?

brothers chuckle GIF

So if you weren’t so intent on trying to be a clever twat coaches also have an impact on defence which affects goalkeepers where did he say they were the goalkeeping coaches?

Edited by Give it to Ron
  • Confused 1

Not sure about Winks. It's not like he's young anymore and hasn't ever achieved much. I wonder if he's the JWP replacement for when he leaves... 😛

Seriously I'd rather we took Kouyate on a free from Palace for a season or two as he offers more presence in midfield. 

I like the Pope link. He's not perfect but he's better than we have and surely would relegate Alex Mac to number 2.

21 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Not sure about Winks. It's not like he's young anymore and hasn't ever achieved much. I wonder if he's the JWP replacement for when he leaves... 😛

Seriously I'd rather we took Kouyate on a free from Palace for a season or two as he offers more presence in midfield. 

I like the Pope link. He's not perfect but he's better than we have and surely would relegate Alex Mac to number 2.

Good shout.

Re McCarthy, I wonder if there is a deal to be done with Burnley. I know they’re rare, but a part Ex + cash for Pope? Not sure how McCarthy would feel about that one mind. 

4 minutes ago, Dman said:

Re McCarthy, I wonder if there is a deal to be done with Burnley. I know they’re rare, but a part Ex + cash for Pope? Not sure how McCarthy would feel about that one mind. 

He is probably content with the PL contract Saints have given him, rather than dropping down a league to being on Championship wages.

15 minutes ago, Dman said:

Good shout.

Not much I would have thought if he had to up sticks and move to the North and get paid probably less whilst he has a contract here

The Club would then have to get in another GK to replace him

Not a good idea I would have thought

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Did you mean to post that on this thread?

38 minutes ago, Dman said:

Good shout.

Not sure how Burnley would feel.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He is probably content with the PL contract Saints have given him, rather than dropping down a league to being on Championship wages.

Why hasn’t his new contract been announced? All rather odd. Either the club are going to try and fiddle It into next years accounts or they’re regretting the decision…? 

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Why hasn’t his new contract been announced? All rather odd. Either the club are going to try and fiddle It into next years accounts or they’re regretting the decision…? 

Yes, it is odd they haven't announced it. Especially as it is publicly accessible information that he has a new deal in Premier League documents.

5 minutes ago, Benali Saint said:

The Echo reporting Saints are favourites to sign Pope and are at 2/1 in the betting

GIF by Groundhog DayDeja Vu Street GIF

The media often get confused by odds and turn player market fluctuations into a article. Odds reflect money placed by punters and bookies trying to minimise losses and maximise profit from a market, they don't reflect the likelihood of an event!

Edited by Matthew Le God

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The media often get confused by odds and turn player market fluctuations into a article. Odds reflect money placed by punters and bookies trying to minimise losses and maximise profit from a market, they don't reflect the likelihood of an event!

don't start all this shit again. Bore off.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It’s just like a very delayed echo.