Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

More good news to come very soon!

#noholdsbarred

The terms 'good', 'soon' and 'exciting' are all ambiguous and subjective. We need more detail. If it's not Mbappé, we have #noambition 

Edited by Bad Wolf

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Some guy called Rob on Twitter claiming there’s a midday announcement. But just a heads up, I’m pretty confident he’s never been right about anything 🙄

Based on previous he can be in Tier Five alongside Alex Crooks/Talksport etc.

This blokes an absolute weirdo, did it in the last window as well.

Just throw him on your block list.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The terms 'good', 'soon' and 'exciting' are all ambiguous and subjective. We need more detail. If it's not Mbappé, we have #noambition 

I understand we were interested in Mbappe but Ralph ruled him out due to being too old, said he prefer him a couple of years younger. He revealed this at a fans forum a while back

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I understand we were interested in Mbappe but Ralph ruled him out due to being too old, said he prefer him a couple of years younger. He revealed this at a fans forum a while back

Oh I meant as our DoF

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

He not signed a new contract ? Thought he had? 

It was Blackburn triggering a 1 year extension in the deal, rather than him signing a new contract. That doesn't mean he won't be sold this summer, just means Blackburn can get a fee for him nie rather than him leaving on a free.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61420909

Edited by Matthew Le God

19 hours ago, Chez said:

Blimey. It actually happened. Perisic joins a Prem side. He's been linked with various Jose managed teams every window for god knows how many years. Is he still good or has he passed his best? I thought Sessegnon had that left side sewn up for next season, but good competition now. 

I've watched most of Inter's games on BT Sport this season and he's still very good, has phenomenal work rate and creates lots of chances, with 3 goals and 6 assists in his last 10 games. With Perisic, Son and Kane, Spurs are going to score even more goals next season.

9 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

I've watched most of Inter's games on BT Sport this season and he's still very good, has phenomenal work rate and creates lots of chances, with 3 goals and 6 assists in his last 10 games. With Perisic, Son and Kane, Spurs are going to score even more goals next season.

Son to Liverpool I saw earlier, as a Mane replacement.

34 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Can you tell us anymore? :)

If Turks has the same source as me.. which I think he does… all i can say is keep an eye out for a plane from Madrid and new members at Southampton Muni golf course.

Make of that what you will. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dman said:

If Turks has the same source as me.. which I think he does… all i can say is keep an eye out for a plane from Madrid and new members at Southampton Muni golf course.

He prefers dibden 🏌️♂️Aye Turks 😁

If we sign Bale, I'll post a video of myself in a dress singing "I'm a little piggy" like Cartman in South Park before donating £10 each to the chosen charities of the first 10 people that react to this post. Not a lot of money I know but I'm skint and times are hard!

T&C's do apply;

It has to be THE Gareth Bale, not just some other person called Bale. The one who played for us before.

It has to be THIS transfer window

It has to be as a player and not a golf teacher or something

I reserve the right to back out if we sign him and he picks up a season long injury or something.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Bale wouldn’t suit our system.

Disclaimer: I don’t really know what our system is (looks generally chaotic), but lots of people say it, so it must be true and I am just not clever enough to see it, so I want to known as clever and insightful from this moment on.

• Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

Bale wouldn’t suit our system.

Disclaimer: I don’t really know what our system is (looks generally chaotic), but lots of people say it, so it must be true and I am just not clever enough to see it, so I want to known as clever and insightful from this moment on.

It’s automatisms ffs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Know nothing of him but the article this is taken from says he was wanted by some of the top sides in Turkey after doing well last season.  Also says its likely he will go out on loan next season, probably to France which makes sense as zero point signing him as a 3rd choice who will never play.

Seeing as we own one senior keeper and there are even doubts over him, then signing a 25yo GK on a free transfer and low wages with a view to loaning him out to see how he develops seems pretty low risk and sensible to me.

He may eventually come back as no2 keeper once McCarthy goes.

Seems highly likely we will have McCarthy and Bazunu competing for no1 with Caballero as no3 and then his guy out on loan.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

The article: (Via translation)

------------------------------

Transfer of the Polish goalkeeper on the home straight. Direction - Premier League [OUR NEWS] 

Pawel Jaskolka / PressFocus Author: Tomasz Włodarczyk Today | 21:18 

It will be one of the most surprising transfers of Poles during the summer window - Mateusz Lis will become the new Southampton player. As we managed to establish, the transfer of the Polish goalkeeper to the Premier League is already on the home straight. The former Wisła Kraków player is to sign a four-year contract with the English team.

Big changes are underway for the Southampton goal. Longtime football player of this club - Fraser Forster - will not extend the expiring contract. The seasoned Englishman, so far number one among the "Saints" posts, will probably go to Tottenham, which he will strengthen on the basis of a free transfer.

The future of Alex McCarthy is also uncertain. The 32-year-old's agreement is valid until June 30 this year and no final decision has been made on its renewal at the moment. Therefore, the Southampton authorities are actively probing the market in search of new goalkeepers.

There are more and more indications that one of them will be Mateusz Lis, who in the nearest window will be the hero of one of the most surprising transfers, if we are talking about players from Poland. We managed to find out that the goalkeeper move is already on the home straight. The 25-year-old will join the "Saints" as a freelance footballer because he had previously terminated his contract with Altay SK, which was behind on paying weekly wages.

The former Wisła Kraków player is to sign a four-year contract with the new team. At the moment, however, it is not certain what the future awaits him at St Mary's Stadium.

One of the ideas for a 25-year-old is to send him on loan in the 2022/23 season. The direction that Mateusz Lis can take in the case of such a scenario is the French league.

In the fight to attract the Pole, Southampton had to overcome strong competition. All because of the good season of the goalkeeper, who kept eight clean sheets in 36 Altay SK games. This resulted in interest not only from the English but also from Trabzonspor.

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

The article: (Via translation)

------------------------------

Transfer of the Polish goalkeeper on the home straight. Direction - Premier League [OUR NEWS] 

Pawel Jaskolka / PressFocus Author: Tomasz Włodarczyk Today | 21:18 

It will be one of the most surprising transfers of Poles during the summer window - Mateusz Lis will become the new Southampton player. As we managed to establish, the transfer of the Polish goalkeeper to the Premier League is already on the home straight. The former Wisła Kraków player is to sign a four-year contract with the English team.

Big changes are underway for the Southampton goal. Longtime football player of this club - Fraser Forster - will not extend the expiring contract. The seasoned Englishman, so far number one among the "Saints" posts, will probably go to Tottenham, which he will strengthen on the basis of a free transfer.

The future of Alex McCarthy is also uncertain. The 32-year-old's agreement is valid until June 30 this year and no final decision has been made on its renewal at the moment. Therefore, the Southampton authorities are actively probing the market in search of new goalkeepers.

There are more and more indications that one of them will be Mateusz Lis, who in the nearest window will be the hero of one of the most surprising transfers, if we are talking about players from Poland. We managed to find out that the goalkeeper move is already on the home straight. The 25-year-old will join the "Saints" as a freelance footballer because he had previously terminated his contract with Altay SK, which was behind on paying weekly wages.

The former Wisła Kraków player is to sign a four-year contract with the new team. At the moment, however, it is not certain what the future awaits him at St Mary's Stadium.

One of the ideas for a 25-year-old is to send him on loan in the 2022/23 season. The direction that Mateusz Lis can take in the case of such a scenario is the French league.

In the fight to attract the Pole, Southampton had to overcome strong competition. All because of the good season of the goalkeeper, who kept eight clean sheets in 36 Altay SK games. This resulted in interest not only from the English but also from Trabzonspor.

This just doesn’t make any sense?

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Why not? He clearly won't be the only GK we sign.

Just seems a bit strange that we’d sign him and then loan him out. Spending a year on loan at a random French team isnt going to turn him in to Lev Yashin.

1 minute ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Just seems a bit strange that we’d sign him and then loan him out. Spending a year on loan at a random French team isnt going to turn him in to Lev Yashin.

This might be the future (when Sport Republic actually acquire other clubs).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dman said:

I’ve also heard the staplewood fridges are being stocked up ready for all the young, very hungry players coming our way 

1 hour ago, ErwinK1961 said:

This just doesn’t make any sense?

Agreed. We ain't signing a 25 year old keeper and then loaning him out. We have one keeper on the books. We may sign Cabellero on a new deal, and then this fella might be the new number 2, but loaning a new signing out. Nope.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

This might be the future (when Sport Republic actually acquire other clubs).

Yeah, Watford and Man City have had a host of players, who they've signed, loaned out and never made a first team appearance for the club to benefit their partner clubs. Jack Harrison, Aaron Mooy and Adalberto Penaranda are three off the top of my head who I can think of. Last season Watford loaned out 29 players. That's Chelsea levels.

3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Very impressive

On the face of it a very good signing, but I think the same was said when Villa signed Buendia, Digne, Bailey and Ings last summer. Also added Coutinho mid season and finished an impressive 14th.

He'll also turn 30 next season

3 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

We’ve been preparing for Championship football for a while now. Lis will be our number 1 in 2023-4. 😉