Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

19 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

With every quote from a player/manager it'll serve you well to think about what question they'd have been asked in order to give that answer. Ralph didn't call a presser to announce that he might give Long another go, he'd have been asked "Is it possible that Long will remain at the club?"

He'd have been asked the question and he was hardly going to say "Absolutely not, he's awful and should have left before I even arrived here" is he?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Pretty much a spot on assessment IMO.

Stephens has occasions when he looks actually quite a reasonable player. Never amazing, but if he’s on top of his game you think ‘ok, there’s a player there’. But then just far, far too often he reverts to type, there’s too many mistakes in him, and at this level he just simply isn’t good enough. The fact that fans on here says he’s just about alright for a fourth choice centre back says a lot.

He seems a good lad, I’m sure he trains hard, but he’s just a bit too awful too often.

I dunno, my work colleague went to school with him, says he was a right d1ck 😂

Southampton are interested in Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks, but the reported £20-25million price-tag could be prohibitive as they prioritise other positions in this summer’s transfer market #saintsfc @TomBarclay_

another issue is that he is shit

13 minutes ago, DT said:

Southampton are interested in Tottenham midfielder Harry Winks, but the reported £20-25million price-tag could be prohibitive as they prioritise other positions in this summer’s transfer market #saintsfc @TomBarclay_

God this would be so shit. 

Absolutely desperate for him to go somewhere else so I don't have to be terrified about it every window.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get the negativity around him. Surely a better player than Diallo and Smallbone? 

He isn't better than Ward-Prowse or Romeu. So spending a club record fee and huge wages on a back-up player isn't a great use of resources compared to other areas of the squad that require major improvement this summer. 

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get the negativity around him. Surely a better player than Diallo and Smallbone? 

Yeah, what MLG said for me. 

If we're spending big on a CM/DM, it has to be somebody to push Romeu to 3rd choice. Could you imagine a midfield pairing of JWP and Winks? Fucking hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Yeah, what MLG said for me. 

If we're spending big on a CM/DM, it has to be somebody to push Romeu to 3rd choice. Could you imagine a midfield pairing of JWP and Winks? Fucking hell.

My larger concern is that’s us trying to find a replacement for JWP, or he’s included in talks swap deal with spurs 

17 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

There's nothing about Winks. He's scared to pass forwards, can't tackle or head, and has no physicality.

"Better than Diallo and Smallbone" isn't really the watermark to measure what would be a club record £25m against. And I think Diallo has more potential in any case.

• Like 2

Tottenham are thought to want around £20million for Winks (26), but are prepared to be open-minded about the package of a deal, & could settle for a lower fee plus add-ons – Southampton, Leicester & Newcastle are interested #saintsfc @Dan_KP

seriously saints. Use your eyes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

My larger concern is that’s us trying to find a replacement for JWP, or he’s included in talks swap deal with spurs 

Been saying this for a while. I can see JWP at Spurs too. With his mate and our song

23 minutes ago, DT said:

Tottenham are thought to want around £20million for Winks (26), but are prepared to be open-minded about the package of a deal, & could settle for a lower fee plus add-ons – Southampton, Leicester & Newcastle are interested #saintsfc @Dan_KP

Might be agent talk though, I just don’t see him as the increased power in the spine of the side RH was taking about. A Sangare type is what he wants. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DT said:

True. I wouldn't want to see a sizeable chunk of any of our transfer money going on Winks.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DT said:

Original article: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-harry-winks-antonio-conte-b1003272.html

43 minutes ago, DT said:

Original article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18731083/tottenham-harry-winks-wanted-shock-sevilla-transfer-conte/

30 minutes ago, trousers said:

I've not followed Winks' career particularly closely. 

What happened over the last c.4 years to turn him from a player being raved about to someone who is now seemingly mediocre? 

Screenshot_20220530-210647-164.png

I thought it was about 4 years but he was capped by England less than two years ago.

Spurs forum now saying £15m as Spurs looking for quick sale to free up funds to buy, more interesting price but I still think with so many areas to improve in that a Sangare or Wanyama type DMC is what’s a priority. Lampard apparently likes him so now linked with Everton, I reckon he might go there, especially if he gets on with Alli.

5 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Spurs forum now saying £15m as Spurs looking for quick sale to free up funds to buy, more interesting price but I still think with so many areas to improve in that a Sangare or Wanyama type DMC is what’s a priority. Lampard apparently likes him so now linked with Everton, I reckon he might go there, especially if he gets on with Alli.

He isn’t worth £15m. He’s pretty woeful, and wouldn’t improve us. I hope we stay well clear. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DT said:

Please don't do it Saints.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

A visit to the Spurs fans forum should tell you all you need to know about H. Winks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

They weren't very complimentary about KWP....

Let's be honest, we don't need to visit the spurs forum to form an opinion of Winks. It's blindingly obvious to anyone with an ounce of common sense that Winks is a long way away from what our squad needs. I mean way way waaayyyu down the pecking order.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

A visit to the Spurs fans forum should tell you all you need to know about H. Winks. 

A great guide to signing new players is always to look at clubs forums 

Tadic must have been delighted with the amount he saves on travel costs given the offers from fans to drive him to Ajax themselves

• Haha 9

We know all too well how hard it is to shift deadwood. I see no reason why we don't offer the likes of Spurs and others buttons for their unwanted players, should we want them. It's a buyers market. I am sure Winks is on a massive wage and thus had to shift to anyone but a desperate Prem side. If we were to want him, and I don't have a clue if we do or not, why not just offer £0? Who else is actually rivalling for his signature?

I don't understand the need to pay a fee.

The big clubs sign these players. They flop and yet they still seem to get a big transfer fee. Fuck that.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chez said:

We know all too well how hard it is to shift deadwood. I see no reason why we don't offer the likes of Spurs and others buttons for their unwanted players, should we want them. It's a buyers market. I am sure Winks is on a massive wage and thus had to shift to anyone but a desperate Prem side. If we were to want him, and I don't have a clue if we do or not, why not just offer £0? Who else is actually rivalling for his signature?

I don't understand the need to pay a fee.

The big clubs sign these players. They flop and yet they still seem to get a big transfer fee. Fuck that.

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

What about Corentin Tolisso (just left Bayern on a free)?

French centre-mid with international experience. Was highly promising a few years back. Injuries somewhat hampered his career but found it hard breaking back into that Bayern eleven.

Good player but he really really has struggled with injuries managing under 20 games in his last 4 years

Im not sure in our state its worth the risk and I woukd imagine he’d still want a top wage

1 hour ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

Midfield is not dynamic nor resilient enough so Winks isn't the answer. Need a dedicated CDM who can break up play and protect defence. I'm sure there is plenty of viable options in Europe or South America that won't break the bank. 

Id love to gk back in for Sangare, we were apparently in for him before we settled on Diallo, but there were issues with a work permit… sensational talent and plays with the athleticism and technical ability combined that our midfield needs, unfortunately Id imagine he’s out of our reach now

Sounds like agent talk to me, we always get linked with the bigger clubs cast offs but very rarely seem to buy them.  Also centre-mid wasn't listed amongst the clubs priorities, its GK, centre-back, no.10 and striker. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

Actually it says 10 arrivals and departures, and immediately after talks about Davis, Watson and Fleming, implying they count as departures.

This is the sentence that led me to believe they think there may be up to 10 signings👇

image.thumb.png.156cf8cd89bb279621ecf3313e4687c8.png

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, DT said:

My tottenham supporting mate thinks Winks is absolute garbage and wants him out of the club. Badly hope this link isn't true.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The article is essentially random musings. They are plucking numbers of ins and outs from the air and haven't a clue what the club will do this Summer.

So what you're saying. its like every other article posted in close season.....  

• Like 7